View Poll Results: Choose the browser you prefer use on your Tour.

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackberry Browser (default)

103 49.76%
  • Opera Mini 4.1/4.2

16 7.73%
  • Opera Mini 5.0 beta

39 18.84%
  • Bolt 1.5

46 22.22%
  • Others (please post the name)

3 1.45%
    Opera Mini 5 Beta is working well.
    12-02-09 12:30 PM
    Ever since the Bolt (Bitstream) guys started constantly lying in all their press releases... I'm sorry, but I can't support liars.

They claim to be routinely 25-50% faster than the fastest competitor!

Yeah right:

Speed test: Bolt Mobile browser vs. Opera Mini | CTIA Fall show - CNET Reviews
    Speed Test – Opera Mini, Bolt, Skyfire and UCWEB | Wap Review
    Updated: Mobile Browser Speed Test – Opera Mini 4.2 vs 5 vs Bolt 1.5 | Wap Review

So I signed up to their forums because I wanted to ask them what their claims were based on, and I pointed to all the independent reviews showing that Bolt is not at all the fastest.

They simply banned me!

The a**holes banned me from their forums because I asked them about their hugely exaggerated claims. Or "lies", as it's called in the real world.

Sorry, but I don't care if Bolt does become the fastest or best browser... I'm never using that crap again.

They f'in banned me!

Important note: none of the tests were performed on a Blackberry. The first was performed on a Samsung Propel, the second on the Nokia N95, and the third was a test run through Google. I don't know whether it makes a big difference in the numbers, but it's something you may want to consider.
    Last edited by r.wats75; 12-03-09 at 04:13 PM. Reason: forgot to quote
    12-03-09 04:10 PM
    I agree with you for the most part and a good write up. BOLT rendering is like a full html desktop but I can't stand it hangs at 20%.

I found a new love for OM 5 beta 2 which I hated at first. Wow, this browser is lightning quick! Loaded pages under 15 second avg. I fix the page rendering a little by changing the BB native fonts/size and the sites looks less compress but still not as good as BOLT. All of the nagging bugs are fix in this version(delete,attachment,download manager..etc). If they can fix the crappy trackball sensitivity,improve the rendering,video function,enlarge the interface fonts and can transport bookmark/speed dial this will be as good as the Safari browser.

This was a hard one but after testing out all the browsers I think BOLT is still the best out of them all. Why? It can go to any website and render it correctly.

After trying each of the browsers, it finally came down to BOLT and OM5 v2 for me. Both browsers are fast but I noticed OM5 v2 loads pages a bit faster. OM5 v2 also includes tabbed browsing (awesome) but BOLT does not. Now I should probably say that OM5 v2 is better but I'm not for a few reasons.

I could not check my bank accounts on OM5 v2 while I could on BOLT. Whenever I went to Wachovia or Wells Fargo on OM5 v2, the site said that the internet browser (OM5 v2) didn't support it. So while OM5 v2 is faster and supports tabbed browsing, it still can't access every site like BOLT can. Also, scrolling with the trackball works smoother/better on BOLT and it supports all of the shortcut keys from BB unlike OM5 v2. One thing I found pretty annoying on all of the OM browsers were that they tended to mess around on text on web pages. For example, if I loaded CB on BOLT, it would render just fine, like on my laptop. If I loaded CB on any OM, it would load CB just fine but some of the text on the page would be out of place.

So in conclusion, BOLT is still the browser for me. I'll probably keep OM5 v2 in my downloads folder until the next OM+ update comes out.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by noized77; 12-06-09 at 11:25 AM.
    12-06-09 11:08 AM
    I agree !! Bolt sometime hangs at 20%. As for the opera mini Beta 5 V2, it has some compatibility issues with the BB OS !!! Gives Java error in both OS4.6 and 5 !!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 11:11 AM
    I Choose Speed Surf the Web
    03-30-15 10:43 PM
80 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD