Ok so i have OS 7.1.0.284. & my battery life is AWFUL. when i leave the house i have it fully charged. by the time i get home after about 3-4 hours, my phone is dead. i have battery saving apps on it and never have anything running in the background, im just wondering what are the best battery saving apps!!
    03-20-12 05:00 PM
    Never mind the battery saving app, enable the battery monitoring in the blackberry device analyzer.

It'll tell you what is causing the battery drain.
    03-20-12 05:07 PM
    since youre running .284, u should turn on battery saving mode to run all the time. it will probably help out. also, u can turn on device analyzer and let it run for a day so u can see what apps if any are draining your battery. lastly , it could be that your battery needs replacing or that your charger isnt fully charging it. try the first 2 things first and see what happens
    03-20-12 05:10 PM
    How do I turn on device analyzer??
    03-20-12 07:25 PM
    options, device, advanced system settings, bb device analyzer, battery test, battery charging too quickly
    03-20-12 07:35 PM
    As Papped said, dump all the worthless battery saving apps(how does an app that is constantly running and consuming battery power supposed to save battery power?). Run device analyzer and see whats causing the drain.
    03-21-12 06:27 AM
    Ok so i have OS 7.1.0.284. & my battery life is AWFUL. when i leave the house i have it fully charged. by the time i get home after about 3-4 hours, my phone is dead. i have battery saving apps on it and never have anything running in the background, im just wondering what are the best battery saving apps!!
    I'll go along with most comments here about battery savers not doing much. But I do run BatteryEx. It gives me an onscreen numeric display, has a multitude of icons to customize the look. One of the features I really like is shutting off wifi. I'm really good at forgetting I've had it on when I leave home or work and the phone just keeps trying to find a connection. BatteryEx will turn off wifi after 60 seconds of no connection. I still have to remember to turn it back on when I'm in range again. But that's better than having to remember to turn it off and on. And, if I'm in range of a signal, I'm probably in range of a charger. So, remembering to turn wifi back on isn't quite as bad.

Edit: One other thing. I had similar issues, did a reinstall of the OS. Battery life wasn't stellar, but it was much better.
    Last edited by kraski; 03-21-12 at 09:28 AM.
    03-21-12 09:25 AM
    I did run the device analyzer and turn on battery saving mode to always on and it's still dying fast. I will delete all the battery saving apps and see what happens, I've had the phone 5 months. Maybe I need a new battery.
    03-21-12 12:59 PM
    Some things that cause battery drain problems:
    1. Social Apps that refresh often
    2. Apps left running in the background (press and hold the "freckle key" menu key to see what is running.)
    3. Some apps that have been added through device switch when you updated to the 9810 that may not be fully compatible with OS7. There was a rather extensive discussion on this one in the Forums when the 9810 first came out.
    4. Certain weather apps can cause a drain depending on how you set up the options.
    5. Being in a poor signal area.

Maybe the issue isn't the battery, but one of these.
    03-21-12 01:11 PM
    I did run the device analyzer and turn on battery saving mode to always on and it's still dying fast. I will delete all the battery saving apps and see what happens, I've had the phone 5 months. Maybe I need a new battery.
    Uhm, what are the results of the battery test though? The point isn't just to run the device analyzer but to look at the results to see what's using cpu time and whatnot.
    03-21-12 01:36 PM
    I want to try this, but I don't see an option for BB Device Analyzer. I'm guessing it's because I'm still on 7.0?
    04-07-12 10:42 PM
    I want to try this, but I don't see an option for BB Device Analyzer. I'm guessing it's because I'm still on 7.0?
    Yes - you are correct - Device Analyzer is only on the recent versions of 7.1
    04-07-12 11:48 PM
    Thanks. I'm new to all this, but I guess I'll have to shake my fear of breaking something and update the OS.
    04-07-12 11:50 PM
    I was on 284 and had very bad battery life, couldn't get 6 hours of no use, I wiped my 9810 with bbsak and installed 342, and what a difference, can get 2-3 days depending on usage

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-08-12 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD