I'm young and I'm not working in the advertising dept. @ a major corporation. I'm new to blackberry and I want to know what are the most fun/entertaining apps for someone like me. Tell me about the free ones/purchasable ones. Thanks
    06-20-09 01:56 PM
    i have
    Facebook
    myspace
    Blackberry messenger
    Nobex Radio
    Scoremobile
    Spider Solitaire
    Solitaire
    Texas Hold em poker
    Lingo (game)
    Pac Man
    Fmylife
    Google maps

the list goes on.
    06-20-09 01:59 PM
    Pandora- streaming music based on your personal preferences. It's FREE & available via OTA download at the BB App World...
    06-20-09 01:59 PM
    Pandora- streaming music based on your personal preferences. It's FREE & available via OTA download at the BB App World...
    I would agree with this. I am a college kid and just got my first blackberry and this is my favorite app I have so far.
    06-20-09 02:04 PM
    facebook
    youtube
    poynt (find movies/showtimes near you via gps)
    ubertwitter (twitter client)
    pandora
    06-20-09 02:07 PM
    How does the youtube app run? Smoothly?

Great awesome guys, anymore ideas is appreciated. Thanks.
    06-20-09 02:36 PM
    How does the youtube app run? Smoothly?

Great awesome guys, anymore ideas is appreciated. Thanks.
    It works great for me but I'm not sure if it's available for devices other than the storm... if so i'm not sure how it runs
    06-20-09 04:56 PM
    Theres also Student Docket to help with organizing assignments and stuff.
    But entertainment wise, theres tons of apps. Most of which are listed here.
    06-20-09 07:41 PM
    Slacker
    Poynt
    YouTube
    Weather Bug
    ESPN
    BerryUnitConverter

I have a calendar setup with my school email address that I put in all my classes and other school related appointments, and then my personal one with all my personal appointments. My task are seperated into categories for each class.

I find this works much better than any of the other purchased calendars that i can find.

I have tried numerous calendar management apps and I have always came back to the preinstalled one on my BB.
    06-20-09 07:56 PM
    if you're into chemistry and the like, chemref advanced is a good program. you get a periodic table in the free version, but the full version contains detailed information on each element and certain molecules. really awesome program.

for entertainment, if you like music there's slacker, pandora, flycast and nobex

the instant messengers (beejive ain't worth the cash IMO)
    palringo is a good one, and instango

google maps/gmail/google mobile app are all great ones

ScoreMobile for sports scores in real-time

weatherbug/BBweather/My-cast weather are good weather apps, the good my-cast app (not just the launcher) is subscription only though, weatherbug and bbweather are free

BBtran for translations, awesome app

http://www.edlindustries has a bunch of web launchers.
    06-20-09 09:05 PM
    google maps, if you're on campus you want to know where all the bk's and mcd's are, lol. Probably youtube, sports, viigo, weather, pandora, slacker, etc..
    06-20-09 09:22 PM
    if you're into chemistry and the like, chemref advanced is a good program. you get a periodic table in the free version, but the full version contains detailed information on each element and certain molecules. really awesome program.

for entertainment, if you like music there's slacker, pandora, flycast and nobex

the instant messengers (beejive ain't worth the cash IMO)
    palringo is a good one, and instango

google maps/gmail/google mobile app are all great ones

ScoreMobile for sports scores in real-time

weatherbug/BBweather/My-cast weather are good weather apps, the good my-cast app (not just the launcher) is subscription only though, weatherbug and bbweather are free

BBtran for translations, awesome app
    Dude, I'm a frickin BioChem Major thanks for the heads up, if you have anything relating towards anatomy or biology let me know too.
    06-21-09 02:09 PM
    StudentDocket. It's $20 but worth the cost because it'll keep you organized after you take the time to put the data in the app. There's a 14-day trial so you have the opportunity to see if it's worth it.
    06-21-09 06:53 PM
    i have:
    BB maps
    Texas Rangers shortcut
    Buzz Me
    Crackberry launcher
    Buzzd-really good for finding hot restaurants and events around your city or current location, i just found it and love it
    Pandora
    and Berryweather which i paid for but its sweet
    out of the core apps i use the calendar a lot and the camera, to remember stuff from the night before.
    06-21-09 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD