I've started working with Skype recently, and am running a 9700 on OS 5. I've tried IM+, Skype Beta, and IMO instant messenger, none of which I am happy with. I've heard iSkoot used to be available, and I found an old ver of it, however I'm not sure which ver to install, since the zip file contains 3 versions.

Anyhow, since I'm not on one of the two providers that Skype officially supports, I'm wondering which app for Skype chat you peeps would recommend. I'm looking forward to reading any suggestions :-)
    04-12-12 12:14 AM
    04-18-12 02:38 PM
    I have searched; that's how I found all the 3rd party as well as the beta app. I was thinking of doing a quick review of each ones that I've tried, as that's not something I've been able to find either.
    04-18-12 03:09 PM
    The best app now a days is IM+ Talk, its the most decent one out there until Skype decides to make a universal app, not only for verizon users.
    04-18-12 08:43 PM
    So you're saying I should go for the full ver then, eh? I tried the trial, and it keeps timing out. Can you leave the full ver open as long as your BB doesn't run out of batt or lose reception? I'm finding the advantages of the full ver very hard to find on their site :-S
    04-18-12 10:56 PM
    IM+ Talk works well with Wifi and 3G, but be warned that calls do tend to drop sometimes.
    Also, its Voip so it works like walkie talkie, I would love the app if it wasnt for this.
    Its not a battery hog like using your gps+maps, but isnt exactly battery friendly either.
    04-19-12 11:17 AM
    I would use it mostly-so for the instant messaging part. My biggest concern is the disconnection, as some of the reviews I've read on App World imply that it disconnects on a regular basis such as these:

Constant disconnection from server
    April 17, 2012
    I experience constant disconnection from the server. Feedbacks from SHAPE were they are working on this issue and asked me to start Autoconfig which makes the connection worst!
    Source: Buy IM+ Pro - Download IM+ Pro - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Error:null
    April 15, 2012
    I install the v 4.5 in blackberry 8900 v.5.0 and iwhen cinnected to skype contact it disconnects me and appears the message voip call failed adio device error:null
    Source: Buy IM+ Talk - Download IM+ Talk - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    04-19-12 12:52 PM
    If you want the instant messaging, go for the full version of IM+ Messenger, I have IM+ Talk to make calls over voip instead of using my minutes when I have wifi available.

Last night I used it for around 2 hours and it didnt disconnect.
    Honestly IM is the best app you can get for instant messaging, Id say go with the IM Messenger
    04-20-12 02:19 PM
    So IM+ Pro is the one I'd need then, eh?
    04-20-12 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD