Hi I am having an issue with our BES server and google maps.

Bit of background, we’re running BES 5.0.0137 on windows server 2008 and have about 30 handsets (a mixture of bolds and curves) the handsets internet browsing and mail are working fine, the problems seems to be with any map application that we have in particular Google Maps v4.0.2.

I have added the Google Maps App into BES and pushed it out to 1 handset to test its functionality, the software installs fine the problem occurs when you open it and it says that you have to set the app permissions when you try to do this you get a window pop up saying ‘Your IT Policy will not allow you to save the requested permissions as currently specified’.

I have created a new application control policy which has everything allowed and assigned it to the software configuration created for the google maps app but that didn’t seem to do anything.

I then went through the IT Policy assigned to the device (not the default one) tab by tab to try and find the correct options but cannot find anything that relates.

There are a few posts on here that blame a recording option and a few saying that Google Maps isn’t compatible with BES does anyone have a definitive answer?

Thanks in advance
    04-27-10 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD