I have a BB 8330 from Verizon on a BES that I host. I also have the Gmail app installed to get access to my Gmail account. I recently got hooked on Facebook and installed their app.

Now, I like to keep business and personal separate, so my facebook account is directed to my GMail account. The facebook app works OK as far as being able to update status, add photos, etc, but my notifications stay empty because they are directed to my Gmail account and not the main account on my BB.

Does anyone know of a way to get the facebook app to look at the gmail app for notifications?
    01-23-09 05:36 PM
    it doesnt have to be the main account, I have it on my BES device and it works fine. Use BIS for the gmail not the gmail app and you will be able to get Facebook to work.
    01-23-09 05:41 PM
    But won't that intermingle my BES corporate mail with my personal Gmail?
    01-23-09 06:47 PM
    I don't know much about BES, so I can't be sure that this will work.

The way I have it set up, is I added my gmail to my BIS account and set up a few filters. All facebook (and myspace) emails get delivered to my phone, and if no filter applies, then the email does NOT get sent to my phone. Then the email comes in and the facebook app just picks it up before it hits the inbox. This way I don't ever even see any of my emails in the BB inbox.

Does BES have an option to add another account?
    01-23-09 07:05 PM
    did this problem get solved? as I am having the exact issue with the BES and Gmail app (separating my work and personal emails) and then Facebook not being able to recognize my Gmail account, thus not receiving notifications or messages etc...
    08-06-09 12:23 PM
    did this problem get solved? as I am having the exact issue with the BES and Gmail app (separating my work and personal emails) and then Facebook not being able to recognize my Gmail account, thus not receiving notifications or messages etc...
    Did you try my solution?
    08-06-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD