I guess it's Thursday Somewhere in the world already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 10:21 PM
    Well I thought I just read on the CB blog that they are releasing a paid version that doesn't have apps?

08-19-09 10:31 PM
    �œberTwitter | Purchase

"Thank you for deciding to purchase a subscription to �berTwitter for BlackBerry devices, you won't be disappointed!

We offer a simple $4.99 USD subscription which gives you:

Unlimited upgrades for one year
    No advertisements forever on any of the versions released during the subscription year
    At the end of one year you will not be required to upgrade nor purchase a new subscription.

You will need to enter your BlackBerry device's PIN number below in order for us to upgrade your device automatically once you install �berTwitter. The PIN number can be found by going to Options -> Status on your device, make sure you copy it exactly as it is shown on your device."
    Last edited by I_love_my_bold; 08-19-09 at 10:34 PM. Reason: quotes from website
    08-19-09 10:32 PM
    Thanks! Is there an upgrade option from within the app itself? I would feel more confident purchasing from that.

08-19-09 11:19 PM
    Why only GoogleCheckout???
    I never will use a google-service to hold my credit card data.

If there not will be another way to pay or another place to get it, I'll better wait for SocialScope...
    08-20-09 05:02 AM
    Why only GoogleCheckout???
    I never will use a google-service to hold my credit card data.

If there not will be another way to pay or another place to get it, I'll better wait for SocialScope...

I hope it isn't the only option. I'll ask them. Also, I haven't seen an option to pay from within the app itself. It seems like it would be feasible to do if they forced an upgrade, but I think they just turned the ads back on rather than building another version, which makes sense.

I think I will hold off until their full version is released in late September, ssince I believe that's the version that will come with the notification icon.
    08-20-09 06:51 AM
    Personally, I don't think the ads are a big deal.
    08-20-09 07:20 AM
    I'm with ^^. Unless the paid app will have better features than the free version I don't see a need to subscribe. I can deal with the ad. I'm a light twitter user anyway.

08-20-09 07:55 AM
    too tired to post this last night, lol. it was fun without the ads but i guess i will have to pay for the app as i can not stand the ads. thinking about checking out the TweetGenius. anyone have an opinion about this product up against UberTwitter? (I should probably say that i don't BeeJive which this app partners with)
    Last edited by cityguyaz; 08-20-09 at 08:45 AM.
    08-20-09 08:43 AM
    Personally, I don't think the ads are a big deal.
    Fully agree!
    08-20-09 09:38 AM
    What is everyone doing? Im waiting to see if I win the contest. Then Maybe buy it?
    08-20-09 09:48 AM
    .912 version of free version Beta 4 release which includes some beta fixes, as per tweet from UT:

ÜberTwiter (UberTwiter) on Twitter
    UberTwiter:We have release a minor revision to Beta-4 which improves responsiveness and fixes a number of bugs, latest version is now 0.912
    about 3 hours ago from web
    08-20-09 10:04 AM
    So for 5.00$ a YEAR I get no ads and free upgrades. For free I get ads and upgrades. What is wrong with this picture? I would like more then no ads if I'm paying for. And I wish it was available in CB app store..

08-20-09 10:51 AM
    SocialScope just became my tweeting app.
    08-20-09 11:13 AM
    spoke to soon, SocialScope is crashing on me (503 error)
    08-20-09 11:22 AM
    spoke to soon, SocialScope is crashing on me (503 error)
    that happened to me once while deleting a tweet, just do a battery pull and you should be golden (:
    08-20-09 11:25 AM
    So for 5.00$ a YEAR I get no ads and free upgrades. For free I get ads and upgrades. What is wrong with this picture? I would like more then no ads if I'm paying for. And I wish it was available in CB app store..

I'm not too sure this means that there will be a consistently upgraded free version w/ ads in the future. Fully functional, probably, but I'm not sure if we'll see the substantive new features of the full-version on the free version or any substantial upgrades, in general. For example, I'm not sure we'll see the notification icon on the free version. If so, I dunno why most people would go ahead and purchase the full version.
    08-20-09 12:00 PM
    SocialScope just became my tweeting app.
    I just jumped on Twitterberry and YATCA. (2 Phones 2 apps)
    08-20-09 12:05 PM
    I'm not too sure this means that there will be a consistently upgraded free version w/ ads in the future. Fully functional, probably, but I'm not sure if we'll see the substantive new features of the full-version on the free version or any substantial upgrades, in general. For example, I'm not sure we'll see the notification icon on the free version. If so, I dunno why most people would go ahead and purchase the full version.
    That what I'm saying what are we getting for five bucks? The developer isn't giving us any reason to upgrade.

08-20-09 12:11 PM
    My understanding, and maybe I'm way off here, is that the paid version will be the full version, with features not on the free version (which I'm not expecting will be be upgraded to include substantive features).

I'd be very surprised if the only difference between the free and paid versions is ads.

Basically, if you're planning on staying with the free version, I'd get comfortable w/ the latest .912. I'd find it very unusual if this free version changed much, if at all, going forward.

As for exactly what ALL the full features include: I'm not certain either, but notification icon is what I'm looking for.
    08-20-09 02:51 PM
    The ads never bothered me. After all, they have to make their money somehow (aren't companies in the business of making money?) I paid my $5 last night and figured that the $5 would be the equivalent I'd pay if it were donationware because I find the app very useful.
    08-20-09 02:57 PM
    I've been using the free version of Tweetie on my Mac, and that comes with ads. I am not paying $19.95 to get rid of those ads when all I can do is scroll down a bit and TA-DA. No ads.

Same thing with UberTwitter. I love the interface and how everything is integrated into the program, but I won't justify paying for something that can't be fixed by simply scrolling down.

If there were some premium features that weren't found in the free version, then I would consider paying for it depending upon what comes with the premium. But if all the paid version offers is no ads, then count me out.

I'll be fine with the ads on UberTwitter, thanks.
    08-20-09 02:58 PM
    I've been using UT all day and barely noticed the ads. Unless there's some additional features I see no reason to pay.
    08-20-09 03:27 PM
    Notification icon will be super! Right now my Berry flashes red and I sometimes forget why it's flashing (I used BerryBuzz and have colors set for everything else)
    08-20-09 03:37 PM
    I've been using UT all day and barely noticed the ads. Unless there's some additional features I see no reason to pay.

Exactly. And who knows, like with Viigo, every now and then I actually see an ad that catches my eye and I click on it! Not the worst thing in the world.
    08-20-09 03:52 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD