I don't have any wind speed or windchill calculations show up on Berryweather.
    I have berryweather 2.0.65 installed on my Verizon Tour running OS 4.7.1.61. I'm not getting any wind readings on Berryweather. Right now my phone says it's 4 and feels like 4 (F). Online at wunderground.com, (where berryweather claims to get it's info) it says that it's 5.7 and the wind is 9mph, the windchill is calculated at -9. I have 3 different locations programmed in. I've been running berryweather for the last month or so and have never had any windchill readings show up (excecpt maybe 1 or 2 mph). It always says it feels like whatever the actual temp is or within 1 or 2 of it. I don't understand why this is.
    What makes it worse is when the guy I work with brings out his iphone running a free weatherbug app and not only has accurate temp and windchill readings but you can watch the wind direction and speed changing second by second. Not that it's fair to compare iphone to a blackberry, I'm just saying is all.
    01-07-10 11:25 PM
    I don't have any wind speed or windchill calculations show up on Berryweather.
    I have berryweather 2.0.65 installed on my Verizon Tour running OS 4.7.1.61. I'm not getting any wind readings on Berryweather. Right now my phone says it's 4 and feels like 4 (F). Online at wunderground.com, (where berryweather claims to get it's info) it says that it's 5.7 and the wind is 9mph, the windchill is calculated at -9. I have 3 different locations programmed in. I've been running berryweather for the last month or so and have never had any windchill readings show up (excecpt maybe 1 or 2 mph). It always says it feels like whatever the actual temp is or within 1 or 2 of it. I don't understand why this is.
    What makes it worse is when the guy I work with brings out his iphone running a free weatherbug app and not only has accurate temp and windchill readings but you can watch the wind direction and speed changing second by second. Not that it's fair to compare iphone to a blackberry, I'm just saying is all.
    It's the "Feels Like" that includes the wind chill, obviously there was no wind chill at that time. Mine is constantly updated and in Ottawa the "Feels Like" is usually at least double the actual temperature .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 07:36 AM
    It's the "Feels Like" that includes the wind chill, obviously there was no wind chill at that time. Mine is constantly updated and in Ottawa the "Feels Like" is usually at least double the actual temperature .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Truthfully i've noticed what the OP has as well. The online weather sites for weather.com, weather underground, etc are constantly updated as well, and many times Berryweather was showing the actual and feels like temps as exactly the same when they were way off by 10 or more degrees according to every weather source i checked. But it's been accurate for me lately to be honest. OP,you say you are on .65, but i think since i upgraded to .65 that's when it started working for me. Have you tried their forums on their website? You have a better shot of getting an answer there than by sending an email which for me has been 0%.
    01-08-10 09:05 AM
    I think it is the weather stations used. My home location usually has different numbers but the one down by the office is always the same.
    01-08-10 09:47 AM
    I think it is the weather stations used. My home location usually has different numbers but the one down by the office is always the same.
    I have found that by changing the weather station cures a lot of problems. The station that BW defaults to does not update very often. When I change the station to the main airport in the city, where the local TV stations get their weather from, I get updates all the time and the temperature and windchill factors are much more accurate.
    01-08-10 10:08 AM
    Just looked at mine. I have 5 locations. Two have identical temp/feels-like. Three show a colder feels-like. 23F at Stampede Pass and feels like 12F. Paris, France: Temp: 25F and feels like 11F.
    01-08-10 10:10 AM
    What are you guys doing or where are you going that you abosolutely need to have wind speed and direction updated by the second?
    01-08-10 11:53 AM
    When you are dealing with highs in the negatives and wind chills dropping the temperature by another 20 degrees, you sorta want it. Not all of the time but this week has been a touch on the chilly side.
    01-08-10 12:00 PM
    I guess I can't complain about our 43F and rain in Seattle. Well, I could but would get no sympathy from some of you. Big problem - freezing rain in the passes - miserable skiing!
    01-08-10 12:03 PM
    What are you guys doing or where are you going that you abosolutely need to have wind speed and direction updated by the second?

Not necessarily a need to constantly have it updated, etc. Just a need for the app to function properly. I doubt anyone is standing there all day looking to see if it updates. For me, i noticed it once not being correct, then afterwards checked it a few times and noticed it several times after. But like i said in my previous post, it seems fine lately.
    01-08-10 12:05 PM
    Actually, when BW shows a wind, it shows a wind chill. It's just that it doesn't show a wind at all much of the time. We had wind chill advisories this last week, it showed there was a wind chill advisory in affect but it never showed any wind or windchill (feels like). Maybe I'll try changing the weather station like ba_hamilton says he did.
    01-13-10 05:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD