View Poll Results: Which weather app? (Please also post why)

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • BerryWeather

23 69.70%
  • BBweather

6 18.18%
  • Other

4 12.12%
    I've heard of 3 decent weather apps out there. BerryWeather, BBweather, and WeatherBug. However I've heard a lot of problems regarding WeatherBug. So of the 2 remaining, which do you prefer and why? If "other," please explain.
    06-09-09 01:53 AM
    I know you're kind of putting it to the side, but have you at least tried weatherbug?

While some may have issues with it, I run weatherbug and I don't have any problems once so ever. I have it set to update every 30 minutes.

I do not notice any battery drain or memory drain either.

Plus, It's free and it's got a pretty good look and feel to it :-)
    06-09-09 01:56 AM
    I've heard of 3 decent weather apps out there. BerryWeather, BBweather, and WeatherBug. However I've heard a lot of problems regarding WeatherBug. So of the 2 remaining, which do you prefer and why? If "other," please explain.
    BerryWeather all the way ,Best looking UI with outstanding performance.
    App has excellent support with user forum.

BerryWeather doesn't have Radar maps yet, Link below fixes that giving radar maps that look better then any BB weather app available.

A preview using with Quicklaunch

Link
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ber...r-maps-243116/
    Last edited by Slingbox; 06-10-09 at 12:58 AM.
    06-09-09 02:26 AM
    let's see, free BBWeather or 9.99 for BerryWeather when it doesn't offer radar maps (sorry but external radar maps just isn't a fix when you pay ten bucks for a program that should have them included in the first place).
    06-09-09 05:33 AM
    For a free app I'd have to say weatherbug is my choice. I've heard of the memory leak issues, but I also haven't experienced any huge issues with the app thus far.
    06-09-09 05:45 AM
    BBweather, then Accuweather BB push, then all other free weather apps, then all pay weather apps.

It's the weather. Why anyone would pay for weather is beyond me. Look outside to see the current weather, check the multitude of free media outlets on TV, radio, online, or mobile for forecasts.

I like Accuweather better than BBWeather in terms of actual weather forecast, but AW is only a short cut to their site, while BBW has it on my BB.

And for those here that know me, I love the the Accuweather thermometer icon.
    Attachment 26984
    06-09-09 07:50 AM
    Berryweather is the best I have found. I know it costs but you get what you pay for. I got an weather alert on it yesterday that helped out extremly. It told me about a road being washed out and if I didn't go a different way I would have been delayed 3 hours. Best by far

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 12:05 PM
    Does RIM itself offer a weather option? Or is third party the only way?
    06-09-09 02:03 PM
    Yea I really do agree why pay for weather lol

06-09-09 08:09 PM
    Can't say I've sampled around, I simply took advantage of the BerryWeather sale when it first appeared here. It works fine, I can have multiple cities, all update at the same time and I like the options. My only complaint is when I exit the app, there is a delay before it finally closes out.
    06-09-09 08:30 PM
    Berryweather is the best I have found. I know it costs but you get what you pay for. I got an weather alert on it yesterday that helped out extremly. It told me about a road being washed out and if I didn't go a different way I would have been delayed 3 hours. Best by far

BerryWeather told you "about a road being washed out?" Please explain that, I don't believe such a feature exists with this app. All I ever see is a "weather advistory" that will warn me of the potential for bad weather (which hardly ever happens here in Las Vegas, but I see it in other cities I occasionally travel to).
    06-09-09 08:32 PM
    i like the user interface of berryweather. i hear complaints about it not being accurate, but its accurate enough, at least for me.
    06-09-09 09:00 PM
    I actually like bbweather a lot. Good and simple and it shows the weather on the homescreen.

06-10-09 12:39 AM
    Weatherbug is great now that i can set it to off for the update and only need it when i want it...
    06-10-09 01:04 AM
    I've searched for a weather app I liked ever since my first BB - the Pearl when it came out. I recently got an 8900 and purchased BerryWeather... for me the best weather app by FAR of all the ones I've used. $10 is a small price to pay if you ask me - heck, just dont buy that 6pack tonight or skip on a starbucks tomorrow morning... always gets me how people complain abot price for an app yet you HAVE a blackberry - its only $10 bucks haha.

Hopefully they add radar down the road as I would also love to see that added.
    06-10-09 02:30 AM
    BerryWeather told you "about a road being washed out?" Please explain that, I don't believe such a feature exists with this app. All I ever see is a "weather advistory" that will warn me of the potential for bad weather (which hardly ever happens here in Las Vegas, but I see it in other cities I occasionally travel to).
    Berry Weather gave me the winning Powerball number.
    06-10-09 03:14 AM
    It's the weather. Why anyone would pay for weather is beyond me. Look outside to see the current weather, check the multitude of free media outlets on TV, radio, online, or mobile for forecasts.
    because when the satellite goes out and the the power goes out, and you're about to have a tornado, it's nice to have the radar maps there and warnings delivered to your phone. it saved my a$$. 3.99 is a great price for all that, but 9.99 for a program that only does what several other free ones do isn't worth it.
    06-10-09 08:46 AM
    because when the satellite goes out and the the power goes out, and you're about to have a tornado, it's nice to have the radar maps there and warnings delivered to your phone. it saved my a$$. 3.99 is a great price for all that, but 9.99 for a program that only does what several other free ones do isn't worth it.
    Forgive me for bumping an old thread, but what free app do you speak of that includes radar maps? From what i can tell BBWeather does not. Or does it? The only version of BBWeather i can find was released in 2005 and does not include radar maps.

Any idea?
    08-02-09 07:43 PM
    I love bbweather.. I haven't tried berryweather though, so I guess I'll be checkin it out soon.
    08-02-09 10:19 PM
    I've never had any probs with WeatherBug...I've tried all of these apps and WeatherBug is my fave. I'm on an 8900 running .250.

08-02-09 10:40 PM
    What do I put for location I'd for bbweather?

08-02-09 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD