Anyone else having an issue with .280 and the new Berryweather? It installs fine, updates fine but it will not let me open the app or use the W shortcut.
    10-16-10 12:40 PM
    No issues here. Berryweather installed fine. Do you have the latest update for it?
    10-16-10 12:47 PM
    Anyone else having an issue with .280 and the new Berryweather? It installs fine, updates fine but it will not let me open the app or use the W shortcut.
    did you make sure you downloaded the version for OS6? They have an OS6 specific version now.
    10-16-10 12:49 PM
    Ohhhh you are so smart.... I didnt realize the OS6 one! I will let you know how it turns out
    10-16-10 12:52 PM
    Ohhhh you are so smart.... I didnt realize the OS6 one! I will let you know how it turns out
    No problem! just go to m.bellshare.com/berryweather and pick the OS 6 version and you should be good to go
    10-16-10 01:24 PM
    I am having the same trouble. Just to check, I uninstalled BW2.5 for OS6 and reloaded it from Bellshare, verifying the version for OS6. No change. Then I replaced it with an archived copy of BW2.2. Still no change.

Meterberry was not reporting any unusual leak when I had BW installed, and I had BW set to poll hourly like it was when I was running .975.

For now, I have not reinstalled BW again until I can find (or somebody posts) a solution.
    10-16-10 02:45 PM
    I didn't know bw had a 6 version for the bold. I though it was for torch. Since 6 for the torch is the only official game in town right now anyway.
    I used bw's latest upgrade on my bold running 6 and found it to all work fine except the wallpaper I chose would disappear on plugging in the usb. Everything esle worked fine with it.
    10-16-10 02:58 PM
    It had not occurred to me that the OS6 version would be just for Torch. The link on the Bellshare site does not specify if the OS6 version is just for Torch. I'll try the BW for OS5 and see if that makes a difference. Thanks.
    10-16-10 03:01 PM
    I never used the version for OS6 either. I am using the version I used with OS5 and no issues. The wallpaper option has always reset when I plug into my laptop for a extended period of time.
    10-16-10 03:11 PM
    The version for OS5 is working great for now.

For cbreze and rts3k, try choosing a wallpaper that is resident on the phone instead of using a background from your media card. I had that same problem (when BW worked on my Bold w/OS5). I moved the wallpaper that I wanted to use onto the phone, so that the background photo would not disappear when I was connected to the computer. Remember that most access to the media card is blocked when you are connected to the computer. All that you can do with the card at that point is move media back and forth.
    Last edited by Underway99; 10-16-10 at 04:05 PM.
    10-16-10 03:17 PM
    Yes, no problems here on OS 6.280.

I used the free version for a few weeks and liked it so I downloaded 2.5.46 from Bellshares site which said OS 6.0 and higher.

Works fine with the leak. Great App!
    10-16-10 04:14 PM
    I am still having this issue!!!!!!! CRAP!
    10-16-10 08:23 PM
    Who knows? Might be a carrier issue as I'm on VZ. Or probably BerryWeather is not getting along with other apps you may have.

I don't think the official release is that far off though now that .280 runs so well.

Hang in there

What do you need a weather program anyway since Hotlanta's weather is already great compared to the next 8 months of winter I'm not looking forward to in NY

I almost moved their a few years back. Vactioned there 4 or 5 different times checking the whole area out. The only thing Altanta is missing is . . . The OCEAN

BTW did you first completely delete the old version, do a battery pull and then install BerryWeather 6.0 or higher vesion?
    Last edited by expidia; 10-16-10 at 09:51 PM.
    10-16-10 09:47 PM
    For Meldiane,

After you delete the OS6 version of Berryweather 2.5.46 and do a battery pull, grab BW again from the Bellshare site. The latest version is labelled 2.5.46 for all the different OS versions. BW for OS5 and above is not the same thing as BW for OS6 and above, although they both are labelled with the same version number.

I didn't catch that the first time that I looked for the version for OS5. After I loaded the right one (for OS5), BW runs great on my Bold with .280. I even get the push alerts that they added for OS6.

The only reason that I can think of about the difference is that the BW for OS6 must be written specifically for Torch, since, like cbreze said before, Torch is the only released OS6 handset. We can figure, then, that the OS6 version of BW is written for touchscreen, which of course we do not have with our Bolds. Now, I've not loaded anything written specifically for touchscreen devices, but I imagine that the result would be similar to what we're seeing here.

At any rate, I no longer have the lockup issue that you described. The new Berryweather for OS5 and above runs great on my OS6.0.0.280 Bold. Good luck.
    Last edited by Underway99; 10-17-10 at 02:55 AM.
    10-17-10 02:52 AM
    No issues with leaked OS6 on 9650.

Working fine with crackberry wallpaper changer pro too
    10-17-10 07:46 AM
    I just left the Bellshare support forum, and found a post that referred to advisories locking up the phone. The OP reported similar symptoms, and got around it by disabling all the advisory notifications. Disable the advisory updates by selecting NEVER, then deselect all 30+ advisory types. BW has not locked up since I turned off the advisories.

Also, there is a maintenance release in beta (MR1) for BW 2.5.46. I don't recall just what it fixes, but the advisory error is not on the list.
    10-18-10 11:34 PM
    YOu are AWESOME!!!! It worked!!!!!!!!
    10-19-10 07:05 PM
    Good to hear it.

The developer is apparently aware of the issue, but as yet has not been able to recreate it or post a fix. While the advisories would be nice to have, I really do not miss them, since the weather here in San Diego just does not change very often. We'll see if Bellshare can get this fixed.
    10-20-10 11:58 AM
    Hmmm. I'm still on OS 5....810 and today I noticed Berryweather with the same behavior. I cannot open the app either on the home screen or on the app page. Nothing happens and I cannot move the highlight unless I press the RED-PHONE key to unfreeze it. But again, only OS 5 and whatever was the last official BW version - months now.

I uninstalled this afternoon and reinstalled and it was working but just notice another advisory and tried to see it and again it was locked. I see "advisories" are maybe what does it. Odd.

Since I cannot open the app, I cannot cancel advisories. Or is there another way in? Or do I have to UNinstall it again and reinstall?

edited to add:
    Oh, I see it in the running apps (ribbon) but can't get to it that way either. Also, I've had advisories on all along so their weather provider must have changed something in the advisories, some data change, that it causing this lockup.
    Last edited by F2; 10-20-10 at 11:57 PM.
    10-20-10 11:53 PM
    From what I've read on Bellshare's support pages, the problem may have something to do with having the advisory messages pushed through the BB messaging application (not BBM). That is apparently a new feature in BW.

To get the advisories turned off, I had to uninstall and reinstall BW. After the battery pull, I started BW and opened the BW settings before it could grab an advisory. Then I killed each of the advisory types and disabled the advisories as a whole as in my earlier post. You might have to turn off your radios to prevent the advisory messages while you are working on the settings.

I have not experimented with just turning off the option to have the advisory messages sent through and processed by the BB messaging application to see if that link is the issue. I like that BW now works.
    Last edited by Underway99; 10-21-10 at 01:05 AM.
    10-21-10 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD