Ok, since I am always messing with my phone, I am trying to figure out what is sucking the battery be eliminating things first. I think I have it down to BerryWeather. Is anyone else experiencing this? I would hate to have to go back to WB, but I can stand a memory leak more than a dead battery.
    04-25-09 11:05 AM
    Reduce your update interval in BerryWeather.... DATA = BATTERY DRAINAGE
    04-25-09 11:11 AM
    Along the same lines of reducing data if you eliminate those locations that you don't really need this also helps. I found by going from 3 to 1 location I saw an improvement in battery life. Not an acceptable solution though. I contacted BellShare about this and they informed me that they were aware and were looking in to it. The more people that contact them about this issue the more likely chance of them addressing it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 11:52 AM
    my blackberrry weather doesnt suck down my battery
    04-25-09 12:09 PM
    my blackberrry weather doesnt suck down my battery
    Are you sure you're referring to the same app as in "BerryWeather"

04-25-09 02:13 PM
    BerryWeather on my 8900 updates every 6 hours automatically and does not seem to affect battery life at all. I leave WiFi switched on almost all the time and I still get 2 days between charges
    04-25-09 02:19 PM
    It is a battery killer on the Storm. I even reduced the intervals. Bottom line is, if you leave it running, even if it's not updating, it will kill your battery. I was losing 35% overnight while the phone was idle. I now exit the app totally after checking the weather and my battery life has returned to normal.
    04-25-09 05:03 PM
    how about charge your phone every night
    04-25-09 08:19 PM
    how about charge your phone every night
    OK let me clarify for the simple minded: I used the overnight loss of battery life as an example of how severely berryweather will drain the battery even when the phone is idle. It will drain during the daylight hours too. It will drain if it's raining, snowing or blazing hot. Geez!
    04-26-09 05:43 AM
    I use berry weather and my battery life is same as it was without it. My update is set at 6 hours.

04-26-09 05:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD