mine stopped updating around 10 oclock eastern and now it keep trying to update 1st location over and over again--went to hamweather website where they get there weather info and all my location were last updated at 9:57 and its 11;10 now so i think they are having problems again
    08-05-09 10:10 PM
    Same here, it won't update or allow me to add new locations.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 10:14 PM
    I believe you're correct. This is getting a bit old. They seem like stand up people over there, but this is getting a bit rediculous.
    08-05-09 10:14 PM
    Take that back, 2nd try worked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 10:16 PM
    good --i know its just not me yea--i have 5 locations and it only tries to update 2 of them and it keeps going back to update 1st location over and over again--once its fixed again berryweather should send all subscribers a free pizza
    08-05-09 10:17 PM
    mines been updating all day without any problems
    08-05-09 10:17 PM
    Just came over here to see if anyone else was having problem like mine with BerryWeather. I really *want* to like this app. It looks great, and when it works it's really nice. But it's been increasingly flakey in recent days. I had one day (a day or two ago?) when it showed 68 degrees as the icon caption all day, even as the full screen display showed that it was 83 degrees. Then my GPS/Cell location was totally off -- although I never left my office, it showed me at a couple of different locations throughout the day.

Tonight the updates either take forever, or simply fail.

I'm trying to open their website at bellshare.com, and something awful is happening there as well -- it take about 5 or 6 MINUTES before a page on the support forum will open, and equally long to navigate to any particular page. Navigation on the site is painful -- if possible at all. At the top of page 1 of 7 under Berryweather, I can see that the admin posted, this morning (about 12 hours ago) that everything was fixed now...yet their website is unusable, and Berryweather still cannot update itself properly.

Not only does it either take forever to update or fail completely, but it seems to retry a LOT as my 8900 is starting up, and makes the entire thing run like molasses.

As I said above -- I *want* to like this app, but the repeated issues are making it less and less appealing. As I type this, at 11:49pm Eastern Time, it took almost two minutes to update the weather for a single zip code before it even switched to "updating advisory".

While I watch this crawl by on my 8900, I'm sitting at my PC, typing this, and watching my other browser window being unable to open a page on the Bellshare support forum because THAT server is not responding at all now.

These guys were very promising....but somehow this doesn't feel "production ready" to me. I hope they figure it out, but I'm finally starting to lose faith...
    08-05-09 10:54 PM
    mine is doing the same exact thing as yours it hangs on the 1st location and keeps trying to update it over and over again--and same here with the website--they still are having major problems with there server--maybe they should do a overhaul on there server or upgrade to a better quality server cause now these issues have been going on for days
    08-05-09 11:02 PM
    No problem updating whatsoever.
    08-06-09 06:57 AM
    No problem updating whatsoever.
    It's 8:40 and I still see a moon icon and it displays a temp that is 10 degrees colder than it actually is.

Edit: I'ts current now but they need to fix this. I won this app so I can't complain but if I paid $10 for it I might be a wee bit disappointed. I mean it's nice looking but honestly, I get more detailed weather reports from Wunderground than this. I don't get why some weather apps only display temp, POP and an icon for the forecast when there is more detail available.
    Last edited by Skyeclad; 08-06-09 at 08:14 AM.
    08-06-09 07:42 AM
    It would be nice to hear from a rep right around now
    08-06-09 08:11 AM
    I can not get the radar maps to update, anybodyelse having issues with that?

Thanks
    08-06-09 09:21 AM
    Has this been fixed, or is there a fix? I haven't had an update since the 8th.
    08-11-09 09:53 AM
    You can follow a more current discussion of the issues and progress over at the publisher's site -- bellshare.com

I suspect that what we're seeing is the result of a bright and motivated young businessman, Henrik Pfluger, perhaps getting a bit overwhelmed by the demands of supporting multiple products concurrently. I'm guessing that the demand for support and attention required by the products and the customers themselves may have outstripped the resources of bellshare at the moment (I have no idea, for example, if there are other "employees" beyond the founder himself). The product certainly has the polish to become a solid commercial offering, but the roll-out and support feels more like high-end shareware so far. That's not necessarily bad, but I think it would be best to be up front about this with the customer base and let them know what to expect. If it's not possible to provide true commercial-level software support, then this should be noted up front -- as well as noting the benefits inherent in being able to have a one-on-one discourse with the developer as the product evolves. If it's high end shareware, and the developer is stretched thin, then I hope that can be shared with the customers to set their expectations. I don't think a single sale will be lost, and I believe that many customers would be more willing to go along with the process, patiently.

Re: updating - the app has been updating for most people over the last few days it seems. However some have noted that the data source itself seems to have weather info that's sometimes stale.

Some who have trouble updating reported that one of the following two fixes helped them:
    -- deleting and re-adding all locations
    -- deleting the entire app, battery pull, re-installing the app
    08-11-09 10:30 AM
    I'm pretty sure the weather source bellshare uses is HAMrad map services -- HAMweather - Bringing Weather to Your Web

You can see their mobile web version of their own info at:
    Hourly Outlook for Princeton Junction, NJ

(that's MY location -- you can change to yours from that page).

If you go there, I think you'll see that their temps match what we see on BerryWeather (whether or not they agree with Weather Channel, Accuweather, Weather Underground, etc is a different issue).
    08-11-09 10:41 AM
    Thanks. Deleting the location got the update back on. I did try checking out bellshare.com before posting, but couldn't get anything but an error message in German when I tried to load the webpage....
    08-11-09 11:22 AM
    I just came across this thread and the only problem I've had was about a week or so ago my radar map wouldn't load, but I figured something was just down somewhere. I've never had an issue with my updates though.
    08-11-09 03:37 PM
    I gave up on berryweather and purchased weatherbug elite I'm much happier now.

My berryweather updates failed everyday over and over.
    Most of the time deleting the location and re-adding it would get it to update but that got very annoying to do multiple times a day.
    I tried every update as soon as it came out nothing ever worked.

On the plus side my friend has a storm running the same op system as mine and he has no problems at all. I think its just a craps shoot if it will work for you or not.

I wish I could get my $10 back I wouldn't recommend buying berryweather until they can get it to work for everyone.
    08-11-09 04:03 PM
    I gave up on berryweather and purchased weatherbug elite I'm much happier now.

My berryweather updates failed everyday over and over.
    Most of the time deleting the location and re-adding it would get it to update but that got very annoying to do multiple times a day.
    I tried every update as soon as it came out nothing ever worked.

On the plus side my friend has a storm running the same op system as mine and he has no problems at all. I think its just a craps shoot if it will work for you or not.

I wish I could get my $10 back I wouldn't recommend buying berryweather until they can get it to work for everyone.
    That's too bad. My BerryWeather has been very good. It sure seems like no 2 Storms are the same!
    08-11-09 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD