The title says it all - it's been off for at least the past three days. Is anyone else having this issue? Is anyone else getting somewhat frustrated with this $10 program that doesn't seem to work correctly any more?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 07:33 PM
    The title says it all - it's been off for at least the past three days. Is anyone else having this issue? Is anyone else getting somewhat frustrated with this $10 program that doesn't seem to work correctly any more?

Am I really the only person having this problem?

08-14-09 02:00 PM
    Is there a time zone setting?
    08-14-09 02:39 PM
    Is there a time zone setting?
    No, there's no such setting - I suppose my only recourse is to notify Bellshare, the developer of the application.

Thanks for your input, though.

Update: Just sent an e-mail to Bellshare customer service.......
    Last edited by marfaboy; 08-14-09 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Update
    08-14-09 03:49 PM
    Well, I notified Bellshare of ths problem, but haven't had a response - I did notice that when I was reading the reviews of the BerryWeather app that others have experienced this same issue.

Like I noted previously, I bought this app on my American Express card, and it hasn't been paid yet - if I don't get a response from the developer by Wednesday, I'm disputing this charge.

I think that's fair, don't you?
    08-15-09 09:36 AM
    Okay, so it's been eight days since I first reported that the radar maps in my BerryWeather app are five hours behind the actual time.

I've gotten a couple of vague e-mails from Bellshare, the developer, responding to a message I left on their web site on August 14. The first (received on 8/15) asked me in what location I was experiencing this issue, and I immediately responded Austin, Texas.

The second e-mail from Bellshare (received on 8/17) asked if I was still having a problem.

Yes, I AM having a problem - what's the solution? Currently in Austin it's 2:00pm, and the BW radar maps are displaying the radar image for 8:49 am.

I'm about an hour away from deleting this $10 application, and going back to the free, accurate and dependable BlackBerry Weather app.....
    08-18-09 02:03 PM
    I tried this program for 15 minutes and deleted it. For me, no weather app can compare with weatherbug Elite

08-18-09 02:07 PM
    The radar map on weatherbug sucks.

I'm not experiencing this problem on Berry Weather, yet.
    08-18-09 02:56 PM

Ha I didn't see a lot of differences between the radars of the two that stood out having weather bug elite on ipod and BW on my berry but I will say bellshare CS sucks. Having a problem with another different app by them and geting same treatment as the OP so far an thinking of calling cc ppl to cancel the charge

08-18-09 03:56 PM

I really like the radar maps on weatherbug elite! You can add layers for all sorts of different info right on top of bbmaps.The animation is nice to.

I had Berryweather but after all the problems and inaccurate updates of icons and such, I deleted and went with weatherbug elite. I must say I love it, Low on battery consumption, does not run in the background and real time weather alerts that you get the instant they are issued, not when you have the app set to check(i.e. 30 mins or so). I have had no issues at all with weather bug elite since I installed it.
    08-18-09 05:01 PM
    Here's the latest, and hopefully this is my final post about this radar map lag issue:

I deleted BerryWeather v1.5.35 from my device, after backing everything up, and downloaded the trial version of BerryWeather from the App Store. The version I now have is 1.5.47, and the radar lag problem seems to be cured.

No thanks to Bellshare and their clueless customer service.....not sure what will happen from downloading the trial version, though. Will they try to get me to purchase another activation code?
    08-18-09 05:08 PM
    Here's the latest, and hopefully this is my final post about this radar map lag issue:

I deleted BerryWeather v1.5.35 from my device, after backing everything up, and downloaded the trial version of BerryWeather from the App Store. The version I now have is 1.5.47, and the radar lag problem seems to be cured.

No thanks to Bellshare and their clueless customer service.....not sure what will happen from downloading the trial version, though. Will they try to get me to purchase another activation code?
    No, Just enter your activation code and you should be set.
    08-18-09 05:09 PM
    Thanks, benny.....
    08-19-09 09:07 AM
    My weather radar is within 15 minutes of the current time. At lease until the next update...
    08-19-09 09:20 AM
    My weather radar is within 15 minutes of the current time. At lease until the next update...
    Radar is okay, temp data stinks, it's off more than it's on, and I am not talking 3 or 4 degrees, I am talking 15 degrees F or more. I am really wondering why I shelled out $10 for this when I had the free weatherbug and it worked great for 9 months. All I wanted was the better graphics, but better data is more important than better graphics, no chance of me getting my $0 back but I definitely can't recommend this program.
    08-20-09 07:01 AM
    Bell Share customer service sucks. Big time.

I sent them multiple emails and posted on their site's message board because I was having a problem with my registration code. I never got any response from Bell Share, other than generic auto-reply type emails.

Thankfully I bought the app from the CrackBerry store, and they were able to help me.

I've had no issues with the BerryWeather app, though. Good thing, since I wouldn't get any help from the developer.
    08-20-09 08:56 AM
    Graphics are great on BW. I got it for the features not because of appearances although BW does look good. The updates depend on where in your area that BW can connect to the update source.
    08-20-09 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD