Downloaded the free version of Berryweather to see if I'd like it. So far, everything is going great but I do have one question. I know on the paid version, you can set the temp and weather conditions on the homescreen of the BB and on the 3 trial version of the app you can, but on the free app I downloaded from BBAW, when I set it to show up on the home screen, it doesn't. Any ideas or is this a paid app feature only?

Also, I'm using the factory theme that came with the phone. Thanks.

Go Sharks.
    Last edited by ColdSunshine; 04-13-11 at 03:39 PM.
    04-13-11 03:32 PM
    If you are talking about the temp icon in the notification area it should work with the free trial; you need to have it show in your Settings(Homescreen/Notification Icon). If you want the actual condition/temp (with the clouds showing etc), you will need to use a weather slot theme (I don't think the stock theme comes with a weather slot). There are numerous themes (both free and paid) that comes with a dedicated weather slot

(You can also use the Homescreen Wallpaper setting to have your weather icon and temp showing on the homescreen without having a weather slot but I am not sure if this feature is available on the free version)
    Last edited by puddin78; 04-13-11 at 04:06 PM.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    04-13-11 03:53 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I downloaded a free theme which is this one

http://forums.crackberry.com/f177/fr...colors-458782/

I downloaded the free 3 day trial of Berryweather since it seems to be a stable weather app and judging by the number of screen shots, whoever made this app is making a killing.

It does only seem to be available in the paid app, so that answered my question.
    04-13-11 04:27 PM
    No problem! I remember when I downloaded the free trial from BBAW it was just a free version (and not a 3 day trial), but the temp notification and everything worked ok. Of course it's not as much fun as being able to change to numerous different icon sets like the paid version

Although it's a little pricey, hope you consider getting it (although you may become addicted to downloading and trying out different sets and settings lol!). It does go on sale once in awhile or you can also use a coupon code from here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/mob...7/index42.html

(Note: the coupon code only works through your phone at the mobihand store and it will not work on already discounted items)
    04-13-11 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD