I have a question regarding the radar
    map. There always a blue/purple speckled glowing on the radar map (don't know really how to describe it)and we have no rain. Can someone tell me what it is??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 06:14 PM
    What you are seeing is probably a radar image called ground clutter. Ground clutter is returns to the radar from radar emitted energy scattering off of objects on and near the earth's surface. It is most pronounced near the radar site.
    05-18-10 06:33 PM
    Ok that would probably explain it. Thanks a lot

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 06:36 PM
    If the glowing area radiates from the center of the map and decreases in intensity further away from the center then you're probably seeing ground clutter; e.g. tall buildings, towers, etc.
    It's fairly common in high density urban based radars. Newer radars are more immune to ground clutter but, depending on the lay of the land, might not eliminate it entirely.
    I live in a mostly rural but mountainous region and I sometimes see the micro-climate radar signatures on the mountain range peaks or sometimes the tallest mountains themselves depending on which radar I'm looking at.

This is inherent with the radar itself and not BerryWeather which I also use and love.

One suggestion would be to try selecting another close-by city with radar and see if the clutter is still there. Another thing you could try would be to Google "berryweather custom radar maps" or search for the same in the CrackBerry forums for tutorials on how to add radar images from other providers (Accuweather and Wunderground). This is what I do because I like the Wunderground radar images and can customize what is displayed.

Good Luck!
    05-18-10 06:41 PM

Another thing you could try would be to Google "berryweather custom radar maps" or search for the same in the CrackBerry forums for tutorials on how to add radar images from other providers (Accuweather and Wunderground). This is what I do because I like the Wunderground radar images and can customize what is displayed.
    Good Luck!
    This is what I did and picked up some great maps for my area of interest.

Don't even look at the built in maps because of the ground clutter.

Good Luck
    05-18-10 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD