Here are my issues that I THOUGHT were taken care of with the latest build.

App Memory - appears to drain regularly as the day progresses. I start up at abot 34, but as the day goes on, it drops and drops and drops. Since I installed this app I think it drops about 10 per day until I restart.

Battery - Since I installed this app, I MUST recharge my batter every day. I charged the phone overnight to 100%. Its 4pm right now and I'm at 50% with extremely limited use. I have not been to one website and have not made one phone call. The only task I have performed is checking email, maybe a total of 30 minutes of usage. That is completely unacceptable.

Overall, i'm a bit pissed I wasted my money on this app. Thankfully, I didnt pay full price. I think i can handle the loss of app mem. The battery issue is something I cannot handle.
    10-12-09 03:13 PM
    get the sedio extended battery. The best thing I ever did.
    10-12-09 03:30 PM
    How is this going to solve the issues with this application??!!??

Plus, I shouldn't have to purchase an extended battery for my phone.
    10-12-09 03:35 PM
    I have had it for a few months now and haven't had any memory lost. As far as battery how often are you having yours update I set mine to update every 45 minutes and my battery has been fine. If I need to see up to date weather I just manually update it at that time.
    10-12-09 03:42 PM
    I have not had any issues either.....but I use the phone all the time so I have to charge every night.....had to with all the smartphones I have owned
    10-12-09 04:40 PM
    No issues here either with 6 locations set to update every 30 minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 04:54 PM
    i havent seen any reports from anyone with the same problems. berry weather seems to running fine on everybody's phone

what OS are you running?
    10-12-09 06:49 PM
    I had the same problem. When I got rid of BerryWeather the memory leak stopped. I can't speak about battery life because I'm a heavy user and it always drains pretty quick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 07:42 PM
    Check the following:
    1. Set your update rate to 1 hour. Considering that your weather feed probably do not update faster, it's a good idea to do so.
    2. Using GPS location? That's a bad idea if you want to save battery power.
    3. Update your OS. 4.7.0.148 is known to cause memory leaks when using GPS and data extensively.
    I have none of the issues you mention above. It's just a matter of how you've set your settings. In which case, it's user error, not the app.
    10-12-09 07:57 PM
    Using 230 and BerryWeather with no problems with battery or memory.
    10-12-09 09:30 PM
    What OS are you running? I haven't heard about memory leaks in quite a while. Most OS's after 151 handle memory extremely well. As far as battery usuage, the advice in previous posts should be taken. This goes for any weather app.
    10-12-09 11:58 PM
    I am using Lyricidal's Hybrid 6v10.

Last night, I exited from the BerryWeather application (not just hitting the back button, but a full on Exit).
    Battery has been constant at 100% since 8:45 this morning when I disconnected from charger.
    Memory has been constant at 32.1MB since I Exited from Berry Weather.

It's 10:22 and I am going to enter BerryWeather. I have the settings to update every 6 hours and the "GPS/Cell Location" to "Cell Location (GPS Fallback)".

Like i said, prior to using this app, i had no memory or battery issues. I have not set up a "Current Location" in BerryWeather and just have specific locations selected.

I cannot update, unfortunately, to 5.0.0.230 OS. When I do, the phone reboots constantly, so i went back to one of the hybrids.
    10-13-09 09:25 AM
    I am using Lyricidal's Hybrid 6v10.

Last night, I exited from the BerryWeather application (not just hitting the back button, but a full on Exit).
    Battery has been constant at 100% since 8:45 this morning when I disconnected from charger.
    Memory has been constant at 32.1MB since I Exited from Berry Weather.

It's 10:22 and I am going to enter BerryWeather. I have the settings to update every 6 hours and the "GPS/Cell Location" to "Cell Location (GPS Fallback)".

Like i said, prior to using this app, i had no memory or battery issues. I have not set up a "Current Location" in BerryWeather and just have specific locations selected.

I cannot update, unfortunately, to 5.0.0.230 OS. When I do, the phone reboots constantly, so i went back to one of the hybrids.
    well the answer to that last part is that you probably had a bad leak of the OS or something went wrong in the process. Try re-installing it from a different source. search the forums for a legit full version and you should be fine.
    10-13-09 09:31 AM
    I have the same problem as smarkow. I'm on the full 230 and haven't had any issues with memory or battery in quite some time. I loaded this app on now and I can't even make it 1 full day without charging and I have to pull the battery every 2 days or so. I start right at 30megs of memory and after 2 days I'm between 5-8megs. I don't think this is a issue only me and smarkow have. I think there are more people having it just not reporting and dealing with it because thats what everyone has done since these phones came out.
    10-13-09 12:49 PM
    I have had berryweather since about the first of the year and love it. No problems at all.
    10-16-09 07:50 PM
    I have had berryweather since about the first of the year and love it. No problems at all.
    Did not notice any memory leaks, but the battery drains much faster after I installed BerryWeather. Update set to 2 hours.
    Don't remember having that issue with WeatherBug.
    10-16-09 10:26 PM
    I think BerryWeather could use a little more upgrading, but I've never had any memory problems cause by it. Battery definitely! But never memory...
    10-17-09 11:23 AM
    I don't have a Storm (anymore), but I LOVE BerryWeather, it's definitely the best weather app out there. You didn't mention what your update times were. Do you have the location set? Or is your GPS doing the update? There are a lot of tweaks in the application that could assist in the problems you're having.
    10-17-09 11:26 AM
    I have berryweather and noticed my phone leaks like an open faucet...but its not berryweather as much as the os (yeah I have .148 and I know..I know...upgrade.......but I cant to a non-"offical" verizon os).
    I just live with the 3-4 reboots a day right now...waiting for either a new offical os or a storm2.
    10-19-09 09:15 AM
    I have never had a problem with BW. It's by far the best weather app out there. I have my update rate to 15 minutes and have never had a memory leak or bad drain on the battery. I am a heavy user and charge every night anyway.
    10-19-09 10:21 AM
    I have never had a problem with BW. It's by far the best weather app out there. I have my update rate to 15 minutes and have never had a memory leak or bad drain on the battery. I am a heavy user and charge every night anyway.
    same here
    10-19-09 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD