got berryweather (latest one) and I can't say I'm happy with it.... today e.g. in London, it's snowing..... everyone has been going on and on about it for the whole day. I just updated berryweather and it doesn't even say it's going to snow, it says scattered clouds and that's it lol.... does any1 know a better app? that's up to date and works correctly?
    01-05-10 05:22 PM
    hmm weird it works for me did you try changing the provider of where its getting the information from?
    01-05-10 05:28 PM
    no, where do I change that?
    01-05-10 05:30 PM
    no, where do I change that?
    On the menu - "Nearby Weather Stations". Any weather reporting station close to your actual location will be in that list and you can pick the one you think has the best weather report for where you catually are.

This URL will take you to the Wundergound website for London and will also show you all the nearby weather stations you can use.
    Last edited by JR956678; 01-05-10 at 05:36 PM.
    01-05-10 05:34 PM
    okay, thanks, I selected heathrow airport and it shows the correct weather... will that keep updating from heathrow or do I have to chose it manually every time?
    01-05-10 05:38 PM
    okay, thanks, I selected heathrow airport and it shows the correct weather... will that keep updating from heathrow or do I have to chose it manually every time?
    Once you set it it's set and done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 06:38 PM
    If you have never manually selected a nearby weather station, BerryWeather will hunt and find the closest one to the location you've set and from time to time that may change - if the closest station goes down it will find another one.

As soon as you manually override by selecting a particular station it will continue to use that station for that location unless you manually change the station or delete the location; it will remember your choice through reboots, etc. It will do this even if that station goes down (Heathrow isn't likely to go down because airport stations are very reliable) - so if anyone else happens to all of a sudden get N/A for current conditions - it's because the station you selected did go down; select another station. I know this because it happens to me all the time and I switch around and use a different station when I have to.
    01-05-10 07:48 PM
    okay, thanks
    01-06-10 03:28 AM
    Is there a way for the app to show Lo/Hi during the day? thanks
    01-06-10 05:05 AM
    if you go to settings -> homescreen wallpaper - and check - show hi/lo temps
    01-06-10 05:43 AM
    Since the most recent update, BerryWeather has been very accurate, somtimes the same as other weather sites or within a couple of degrees. Being able to select the weather reporting source has been a great improvement.

01-06-10 06:12 AM
    Is there a way for the app to show Lo/Hi during the day? thanks
    It does this if you use the Today w/Daily view - it will show you the forecasted Hi and Lo for each day.

Keep in mind that the Hi and Lo are forecasted numbers and the forecast is regional but the current data comes from a nearby weather station. If the actual Hi or Lo for your location is "outside" of what was forecasted for the region your device may change the actual data as the day progresses and reflect actual data not forecast data. Forecasts are sometimes wrong ...
    01-06-10 06:40 AM
    Since the most recent update, BerryWeather has been very accurate, somtimes the same as other weather sites or within a couple of degrees. Being able to select the weather reporting source has been a great improvement.

That's why the change was made. Many weather sources will give you data for your location but it's sometimes hard to actually find out where the data is coming from. When you can dig deep enough to find this out you may be surprised to see just how far away from you the data source is. For me - as an example - the National Weather Service data comes from a station 90 miles away. Weather.com data comes from an airport 25 miles away. Accuweather - I don't know where it comes from - I can't tell by the website. The local cable channel weather comes from Weather.com - the same airport 25 miles away.

Wunderground has about 5 local weather stations that are very close to me - within 9 miles and some within 2-3 miles so I can get really accurate data on my BB.
    01-06-10 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD