Has anyone had any trouble getting there berryweather to update the auto locations? For a week now berryweather says: "No gps/cell position available. No data available." Anyone know how to fix this? This feature has worked for me in the past but no longer does.

Thanks,
    Chad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 07:39 PM
    Are you sure that your gps is still ON. Options/Advanced/GPS.

Are you in an more open area or in an enclosed space with no good view of the sky? Try moving outdoors and retesting.
    01-22-10 09:45 PM
    ^^ What they said, but refresh gps and it should start working. I had that issue til I did that.
    01-22-10 10:01 PM
    I had to reinstall bw over itself to clear it up.
    01-22-10 10:23 PM
    Under Settings, select General Settings. In the Get Current Location from section, select the Cell Location (GPS Fallback) option. Also, make sure that Autostart on device boot is checked. If these steps don't work, try the reinstall.
    01-22-10 10:57 PM
    Im having trouble with my Miami setting updating today, I'm in Detroit and it wont update gets hung up when I force update?
    01-22-10 11:07 PM
    You should be able to change reporting stations in your area.
    01-22-10 11:39 PM
    You should be able to change reporting stations in your area.
    Didn't think of that. Changing reporting station fixed the issue, or it has been resolved. Either way back in business.
    01-23-10 07:43 AM
    I have TWC as a back up for checking versus BW. If you notice it not updating even after a long period of time, sometimes it helps to change the reporting station.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 08:56 AM
    I'm having the same problem with updating based on cell location. It'll look for a while and then go to GPS backup. I did the latest 9700 OS update yesterday. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not, but I'm suspicious.
    01-23-10 10:05 AM
    01-23-10 10:13 AM
    Didn't fix it. It fails when updating off of cell tower and falls back on GPS. It can't get GPS where I work, so I liked the Cell Tower updating.
    01-23-10 10:22 AM
    Didn't fix it. It fails when updating off of cell tower and falls back on GPS. It can't get GPS where I work, so I liked the Cell Tower updating.
    Post issue in Beta thread so developer is aware
    01-23-10 10:39 AM
    Try a battery pull. If that doesn't work, change the reporting station. If that doesn't work, remove and re-install the official version. I am sure the Beta is great but I am a little risk averse and will wait for the official release. I will leave it up to the beta testers to be our advocates in helping the developer work toward the official release. Thanks for all the hard work with the testing.
    01-23-10 11:27 AM
    I've been playing with the auto update failing on cell location, so I experimented. I turned off my GPS and loaded GMaps (i also had noticed latitude was slow to update). I found that Gmaps isn't getting updated locations based on cell towers. It's fine on GPS, but it's like the phone isn't getting ANY location info from the towers.

I'm on AT&T to the south of Houston, TX.
    01-23-10 03:48 PM
    Try changing the reporting stations and still use Cell Location (GPS Fallback)
    01-23-10 03:56 PM
    Try changing the reporting stations and still use Cell Location (GPS Fallback)
    Did that, and it works great outdoors or in the car. But I don't have GPS signal in my office, so the problem still isn't fixed. Why am I not getting location data from the cell towers? And what about the fact that Gmaps isn't updating based on cell location like it usually does?
    01-23-10 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD