Hey gang. Did a search and came up empty.

Using berryweather, on a 8330 with verizon. All I get is an update failed notice on the my location page. I currently have GPS ONLY Selected as someone eluded too in another post about cdma phones.

My gps setting on the phone is set to 911 only. Does that matter?

Help as always is appreciated.

Bill
    08-08-09 08:27 PM

Using berryweather, on a 8330 with verizon. All I get is an update failed notice on the my location page. I currently have GPS ONLY Selected as someone eluded too in another post about cdma phones.

Bill
    GPS on phone should be set as follows GPS Services-- Location On
    Location Aiding--Enabled

Works this way on my storm
    08-09-09 07:54 AM
    The only apps I'm aware of that can use the internal GPS on a Verizon 8330 are BBMaps and VZNav. Verizon unlocked the internal GPS for those apps in December 2008. As of this writing, no other apps can use the internal GPS.
    08-09-09 10:35 AM

Bill
    Yes you might have got those "update failed notices" since BerryWeather had problems but I think they have got them fixed or almost fixed now mine seems to be better then it was a few days ago

The only apps I'm aware of that can use the internal GPS on a Verizon 8330 are BBMaps and VZNav. Verizon unlocked the internal GPS for those apps in December 2008. As of this writing, no other apps can use the internal GPS
    As far as the GPS thing goes I found what is in the above quote to be true just from experimenting and saw it was not showing my GPS location correct in the BerryWeather as it does with the VZW Navigator GPS
    Last edited by DavidNC; 08-09-09 at 01:19 PM.
    08-09-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD