I felt to be fair I had to post this considering my last outburst about berryweather. I just downloaded 2.1.4 yesterday and it works well. I am no longer getting the -21mb memory loss Berryweather has been notorious for on the Tour. I am running .416 on a Sprint Tour 9630 and I am pleasantly surprised to find very little to no memery loss. So to the makers of Berryweather thank you and to Kevin sorry for the snake oil snipe on the last post concerning Berryweather. SO what I am trying to say if you have a Tour running OS 5.0 I think you will be happy with Berryweather.
    02-05-10 09:31 PM
    I felt to be fair I had to post this considering my last outburst about berryweather. I just downloaded 2.1.4 yesterday and it works well. I am no longer getting the -21mb memory loss Berryweather has been notorious for on the Tour. I am running .416 on a Sprint Tour 9630 and I am pleasantly surprised to find very little to no memery loss. So to the makers of Berryweather thank you and to Kevin sorry for the snake oil snipe on the last post concerning Berryweather. SO what I am trying to say if you have a Tour running OS 5.0 I think you will be happy with Berryweather.
    thank you for your kind words we put many many hours along with our blood, sweat, and tears trying to make this the best it can be, and we thanks you and the many other berryweather customers for making this one of the best selling weather apps around. we are very happy with the current build and are very glad you and so many are as well. we take a lot of heat from a lot of people but its posts like this that make it all worthwhile. again thank you for your kind words and your valued support
    02-05-10 09:37 PM
    ive noticed that since i got the newest one, i find that it fails to update often. i have it properly set on every 15 minutes and sometime i look at the homescreen icon and it says "N/A". this never happened on the pre-beta version and now the new 2.1.40 i just upgraded to, it happens quite often. and i always have a strong 3G connection so i dont think its that. when i go to update it manually, it reconnects just fine. any ideas?
    02-05-10 09:43 PM
    Mine updates just fine. I have it set for every hour to help save on battery life. I noticed the title was changed again, what is wrong with blows monkey chunks? It is a reference to vomiting that cant be THAT offensive, geez
    02-05-10 10:05 PM
    Mine updates just fine. I have it set for every hour to help save on battery life. I noticed the title was changed again, what is wrong with blows monkey chunks? It is a reference to vomiting that cant be THAT offensive, geez
    I am also happy that you are now having a positive experience with BW. I also don't see anything wrong with the original title (funny), but I believe you started this as a positive thread, for posting positive things about BW. I think some people who have experience here have read your previous thread, associated this one with the prior one, and start to post negative things here, when there are already many negative threads here started about BW that they can go to.
    02-05-10 10:22 PM
    Right on. The new version is very fine. I have been a BerryWeayther fan since I got my 9000 but the latest version is the best yet.

Thank you, BW developers. Keep up the good work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 06:32 AM
    ive noticed that since i got the newest one, i find that it fails to update often....any ideas?
    Dictoresno, I had similar issues, and my experience has been that you need to change your reporting station (Settings>Nearby Weather Stations) - some are just more dependable than others, at least in the Austin, Texas area. Some reporting stations are in private homes (one option I have is called "Great Hills Golfer Boy"), and I've found if you choose a station from local hospitals, airports or similar institutions, they seem to be MUCH more stable, and result in fewer of the "not available" occurences.
    02-06-10 12:32 PM
    I noticed the title was changed again, what is wrong with blows monkey chunks? It is a reference to vomiting that cant be THAT offensive, geez
    I changed the title. Not because it was offensive but because it was not
    searchable.

No reasonable person with a similar question would use the search function and type
    any combination of BerryWeather and any term associated with vomit.
    02-06-10 12:44 PM
    Great to hear its working out for you stone.
    02-06-10 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD