anyone having issues with berryweather not updating automatically? i keep getting the N/A symbol and have to manually refresh. sometimes it doesnt work tho..
    03-01-10 08:47 AM
    Do you have it set to GPS?
    03-01-10 08:51 AM
    I've got about 5 weather stations in my area stored, and occasionally one or more of them will not do it's half-hourly update. I'm guessing it's a temporary problem with getting the data from the weather station. A manual update will often solve the problem.
    03-01-10 08:59 AM
    Yes, I have been experiencing the same issue. N/A displayed. I manualy update to resolve but this is new!
    03-01-10 09:37 AM
    Either 1 of a couple things can cause the issue..

1. Have GPS set in App and GPS update fails to find location

2. Station that GPS is pulling from is down.
    03-01-10 09:44 AM
    It happens to me and I have one station set as "Cell Location", and configured "Get Current Location from" - as "Cell Location (GPS fallback)".

So it must be #2.
    03-01-10 10:10 AM
    anyone having issues with berryweather not updating automatically? i keep getting the N/A symbol and have to manually refresh. sometimes it doesnt work tho..
    I have been getting N/A for both of my cities for at least 3 days, and neither of them use GPS, just the zipcode. I have changed reporting stations for both and continue to get N/A. I have to manually update both cities, and this happens at least 6 times a day. I currently have them set for 1 hour updates.
    03-01-10 10:24 AM
    Wait are you users using the Berry Weather free Ver?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bew...hlight=weather
    03-01-10 10:25 AM
    I'm using the paid version. I've even manually updated and got "N/A", and tried it again a few seconds later and it updated successfully. This leads me to believe it's a problem getting the data from the station, or perhaps BeWeather has a short timeout before it gives up on getting the data.
    03-01-10 10:34 AM
    Seems to be that both paid and free versions are having problems.
    Last edited by decypher44; 03-01-10 at 10:59 AM.
    03-01-10 10:56 AM
    Wait are you users using the Berry Weather free Ver?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bew...hlight=weather

I am using paid version 2.1.40 and it's pissing me off
    03-01-10 11:43 AM
    i have paid version. a manual update usually works so that means the station isnt down. i also tried different stations and same thing. GPS disabled. its gotta be berryweather
    03-01-10 12:15 PM
    Seems to be that both paid and free versions are having problems.
    good thing..... well good slash bad. At least its not just me alone either, but they do need to fix this soon. I'm having the same problems and it's annoying.
    03-01-10 12:19 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-01-10 12:38 PM

03-01-10 12:41 PM
    I am also having the same problem with my UK update often failing to auto update but no problem with my US and Spanish locations. As the UK weather station is my home station it is really starting to annoy me as I have paid � for this app. I had this problem with Weatherbug Elite on my curve and now this on my Bold. Come on Berryweather sort it out!!!!Does any one know of a reliable weather app?

03-01-10 12:47 PM
    still having issues today. now it will sometimes show the temp and othertimes it will just say N/A. wtf bellshare?
    03-02-10 12:17 PM
    I also have the issue with v2.1.40 whereby auto-date returns a NA and then if I try a couple of seconds later with a manual update it works. This seems to point to a server/load issue @belshare.
    03-02-10 02:21 PM
    I just posted about this issue on the bellshare forum since I didn't see anything recent about this. I got a moderator ask which 2 zipcodes I was using, and I gave my info. He posted back today that he loaded my two zipcodes on his phone and they updated perfectly. Geez, I must be hallucinating seeing all these N/A's on MY phone.
    03-02-10 03:54 PM
    I have not had any of the issues you guys are descrbing, but notice that a few of you are from PA and are having issues...
    03-02-10 03:57 PM
    I'm using the paid version. I've even manually updated and got "N/A", and tried it again a few seconds later and it updated successfully. This leads me to believe it's a problem getting the data from the station, or perhaps BeWeather has a short timeout before it gives up on getting the data.
    im having the same issue
    03-02-10 04:12 PM
    Not to sound like a broken record, but my issue with BerryWeather is I can't install the thing, since they only offer the free version through App World, no OTA links whatsoever (unlike the trial/pay version).
    03-02-10 04:22 PM
    I also have the paid version and the Cell location always fails. On the Tour with Verizon.
    03-02-10 04:28 PM
    I also have the paid version and the Cell location always fails. On the Tour with Verizon.
    Try switching to a different weather station and see what happens...
    03-02-10 04:31 PM
    I just posted about this issue on the bellshare forum since I didn't see anything recent about this. I got a moderator ask which 2 zipcodes I was using, and I gave my info. He posted back today that he loaded my two zipcodes on his phone and they updated perfectly. Geez, I must be hallucinating seeing all these N/A's on MY phone.
    Sadly, I'm not surprised by the response you got...

This is not a specific location issue as there are at least a couple of us from Europe that are posting about this here (re NA update issues - regardless of which local weather station I use)
    03-02-10 04:31 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD