Took advantage of the 50% off BerryWeather and have it set to update every 30 minutes but this thing is accurate maybe 4 hours per day and the rest of the time, the info it provides is laughable.

See for yourself, keep in mind these pics are in Celcius as I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada:

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there any way to switch the weather source?
    12-26-09 10:42 AM
    Well it's obviously wrong, way off actually, try re-installing it maybe? Otherwise I suggest contacting bellshare at Bellshare - Premium BlackBerry Apps , the developers.

I bought it yesterday too, great deal and it's accurate for me in Kingston, Jamaica. Nice wallpaper btw.
    12-26-09 10:47 AM
    Took advantage of the 50% off BerryWeather and have it set to update every 30 minutes but this thing is accurate maybe 4 hours per day and the rest of the time, the info it provides is laughable.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there any way to switch the weather source?
    Go into BerryWeather, click on the menu button, and select Nearby Weather Stations. Then pick a new one. It isn't BW's issue, it is the reporting station it is using. So just select another one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 10:57 AM
    Wow that's weird that doesn't happen to me

12-26-09 12:34 PM
    I have Berryweather set to track three locations. My home location and my sisters in Wisconsin are both accurate, but my brothers in Georgia has the temp accurate but the humidity always reads -999% humidity and Barometric pressure at -999.00 in. If I switch from Warner Robins to Macon then it reports accurately. So I really don't think it is a Berryweather issue itself more of a problem with the reporting location as suggested.
    12-26-09 12:42 PM
    i dont like berry weather i bought it too with 50 percent off, weather bug was JUST fine for me
    12-26-09 02:04 PM
    Anyone notice in the second image, the second Winnipeg is "Winnipeg, CA"???? CA usually means California... or does it mean Canada???

I really did not think it was that cold 500 or 600 miles to the north. By the way, I'm fairly sure BerryWeather does not control the source information... they get their information from feeds supplied by Weather.com and possibly a couple other sources.
    12-26-09 02:21 PM
    Anyone notice in the second image, the second Winnipeg is "Winnipeg, CA"???? CA usually means California... or does it mean Canada???

I really did not think it was that cold 500 or 600 miles to the north. By the way, I'm fairly sure BerryWeather does not control the source information... they get their information from feeds supplied by Weather.com and possibly a couple other sources.
    Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada is also shown as Winnipeg,CA(Canada) on BW....and Malibu,California is shown as Malibu,Cali... in BW I know because I have a Canadian city and a California city both saved in my BW locations

PS: also my BW is showing now it is 23 degress there in Winnipeg and snowing some(using the weather reporting site of Winnipeg Int.Airport)
    Last edited by DavidNC; 12-26-09 at 03:24 PM. Reason: PS: added
    12-26-09 03:19 PM
    Good to know... it's 21 degrees down here in the Twin Cities.
    12-26-09 03:28 PM
    close to same temperture as you we just got snow ,Lol
    12-26-09 03:36 PM
    I don't see anything wrong with the first image. Is there a temperature reading on that screen??
    12-26-09 04:06 PM
    I don't see any temp I just see big ol titties.

12-26-09 04:15 PM
    Good to know... it's 21 degrees down here in the Twin Cities.
    Now its 22 degrees with light snow!
    I don't see anything wrong with the first image. Is there a temperature reading on that screen??
    Lulz!
    I don't see any temp I just see big ol titties.

speechless, ummm...yeah...about that comment!

Just like posted before, just gotta change weather stations and you should get truly accurate readings.
    12-26-09 04:23 PM
    I think the wallpaper broke the app. ..... it almost broke me
    12-26-09 04:49 PM
    The forecast should read Sunny and Hard

12-26-09 04:53 PM
    Mine is doing the same. I switched stations, then switched back and now it's correct. Whether it stays correct is another story.
    12-26-09 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD