This one is a GPS enabled infrared map. No animation. Nor does the map follow you around. This map will show your position, when BW updates. If you move, you're no longer centered on the map. This one is also "internal viewer"

http://satir.wunderground.com/cgi-bi...me=finalIR.pnm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-11 12:22 AM
    Here's a link for a national forecast video. Set the "Open with..." to "Web Browser". Most of time, when the browser opens, you can click "open" and the video starts within a few seconds. Other times, it doesn't LOL. But, you can click "save", and watch it that way. It's fairly low resolution, so it doesn't take forever to dl; about 20-30 seconds. You wouldn't want to watch a movie at this resolution, but for a quick 2 minute forecast, it's fine.

http://iphone.weatherbug.com/iphone/...nalOutlook.3gp

02-23-11 12:52 AM
    http://maps.wunderground.com/data/64...us_sf_anim.gif

This is a really cool radar map of the entire us w/ animated fronts.... Like all the others!! A couple I don't have!!!!

02-23-11 06:00 AM
    http://radblast.wunderground.com/cgi...ing=1&smooth=0

This is a really great radar! You have to find ur local weather station coden mine was LIX for Slidell,LA. You also need to now ur lon and lat that you insert by centerlon and centerlat. It works great! Good luck!!

02-23-11 06:09 AM
    http://radblast.wunderground.com/cgi...ing=1&smooth=0

This is a really great radar! You have to find ur local weather station coden mine was LIX for Slidell,LA. You also need to now ur lon and lat that you insert by centerlon and centerlat. It works great! Good luck!!

If you want this radar map to show you even more info, change the "showstorms=10" near the end of the link, to read "showstorms=1". Just delete the 0. And for smoother animation, change the "smooth=0", to read "smooth=1".

02-23-11 07:21 AM
    This is the Wunderground Legend......

http://dev.mis-outsource.com/WunderG...d9630-8900.gif

02-23-11 07:42 AM

"Hi Def NT REDO"
    Font is "Quixotte"

02-23-11 07:50 AM
    Thanks Blast and JN! Knew I could count on the BW community lol! Will give all those link a try right now

(p.s. Ran out of Thanks for today; otherwise I would have already done it )
    02-23-11 10:09 AM
    On the last radar I posted u have to go to the wunderdround site or ballshare to redirect you to get the closest weather station to you!! And your lat n long.

02-23-11 10:12 AM
    On the last radar I posted u have to go to the wunderdround site or ballshare to redirect you to get the closest weather station to you!! And your lat n long.

Hey JN, I went to Wunderground to look for my lat & lon and weather station, but where exactly do I go to find it? I tried looking under Maps & Radars and under Resources but can't seem to find it. Sorry, still a newbie with the radar links
    02-23-11 10:28 AM
    Ta Daaaa My very first screenies with my weather on my homescreen...YAY !!
    Thanks to seashell and dollface for your help in BW 101...you girls are awesome !!!

seashell93 likes this.
    02-23-11 12:02 PM
    Hey JN, I went to Wunderground to look for my lat & lon and weather station, but where exactly do I go to find it? I tried looking under Maps & Radars and under Resources but can't seem to find it. Sorry, still a newbie with the radar links
    Lat - Long Finder: This page helps you find Latitude and Longitude
    SEE IF THIS HELPS.........
    02-23-11 12:39 PM

Icons: hi def XL NT Redo
    font: escapn___

Last edited by JNMEATON; 02-23-11 at 03:11 PM.
    02-23-11 03:07 PM
    Thank you, it did! Still looking around here and there for some more radar links to go along with the ones you and Blast posted
    02-23-11 04:07 PM
    i have 4 radars that i use regularly; Ms, South-east Region, Nation, Tropical. let me know if you need any of those
    02-23-11 04:50 PM
    i have 4 radars that i use regularly; Ms, South-east Region, Nation, Tropical. let me know if you need any of those
    How does one go about searching radars? I would like to add a custom one as well.
    02-23-11 04:52 PM
    How does one go about searching radars? I would like to add a custom one as well.
    The Bellshare site has a BW forum with quite a few links to various radar maps. The instructions are farily straightforward. There's also a link to find your lat n lon coordinates for your location. After going over the instructions, I was able to make a custom link for puddin78, in just a few minutes. She wanted a map showing Des Moines, IA and Chicago, IL simultaneously.

jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-23-11 06:10 PM
    The Bellshare site has a BW forum with quite a few links to various radar maps. The instructions are farily straightforward. There's also a link to find your lat n lon coordinates for your location. After going over the instructions, I was able to make a custom link for puddin78, in just a few minutes. She wanted a map showing Des Moines, IA and Chicago, IL simultaneously.

Simple...only for BT lol! I believe the Bellshare site does have good info; but it can be a little overwhelming for first-time users I think. Patience (and a good eye for detail ) are the key I think.

Thanks again BT and JN for all your help in finding some great custom links!
    02-23-11 06:20 PM
    The links that BT and JN posted on the previous page are definitely a good place to start I think. They are pretty general with nice overviews of the US.

If you want to get down to the nitty-gritty of customizing for your own area, as BT mentioned the Bellshare forum is great but I also found these 2 threads here at CB to be very helpful as well

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/berr...torial-254818/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ber...r-maps-243116/
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-23-11 06:27 PM
    Simple...only for BT lol! I believe the Bellshare site does have good info; but it can be a little overwhelming for first-time users I think. Patience (and a good eye for detail ) are the key I think.

Thanks again BT and JN for all your help in finding some great custom links!
    The instructions WOULD be easier if it weren't for a cpl typos on how to edit the map to your preference. It states that removing the "x" from "Severe" will turn on the county weather alerts. But that's not entirely true; you have to add "=1" after removing the "X". And the link has "showstorms=10" for severe storm tracking; it should be a 1 or 0, not both.

As for it being easy only for me (LOL). I don't have a life, I may as well get good at this (another LOL). I like helpin out the folks that have other obligations and don't have the time to figure out these mundane things

02-23-11 06:48 PM

BW set "HTC4BB XXL"
    Font "Parisian"

Font "Primitive"
    Last edited by BlastTyrant; 02-23-11 at 08:35 PM.
    02-23-11 07:55 PM
    Blast can you please post the parisian font? Love it! and ur wall is awesome!

02-23-11 08:45 PM
    Blast can you please post the parisian font? Love it! and ur wall is awesome!

Here's the wp. I have it without the top and bottom black bars. I sized this one for the theme I'm using...

I'm gonna post the font (along with several others) in Songbird's Font Collection thread, in just a little while

hamsterwheel likes this.
    02-23-11 09:15 PM
    The instructions WOULD be easier if it weren't for a cpl typos on how to edit the map to your preference. It states that removing the "x" from "Severe" will turn on the county weather alerts. But that's not entirely true; you have to add "=1" after removing the "X". And the link has "showstorms=10" for severe storm tracking; it should be a 1 or 0, not both.

As for it being easy only for me (LOL). I don't have a life, I may as well get good at this (another LOL). I like helpin out the folks that have other obligations and don't have the time to figure out these mundane things

Ahh, no wonder sometimes the maps wouldn't show up. I figured I must have mistyped something or accidentally erased something. (How the heck could anyone except you figure that out?! )

And I'm sure you have a very busy life! (especially when you have to continually help out poor ol' people like me )
    02-23-11 09:23 PM
    Ahh, no wonder sometimes the maps wouldn't show up. I figured I must have mistyped something or accidentally erased something. (How the heck could anyone except you figure that out?! )

And I'm sure you have a very busy life! (especially when you have to continually help out poor ol' people like me )
    I guess I should have said, "I don't have a social life" LOL. I work about 70 hours a week. Helpin out in these little ways, is one of the few things I enjoy doing, that I actually get to do LOL

02-23-11 09:30 PM
15,771 ... 115116117118119 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD