I just got my storm 2 the other day, and I have only had a few problems.

One of them is the fact that I have BerryWeather on my Home screen, and it never updates. It updates in the full applications list when I click the BlackBerry logo, but it doesn't update on the home screen. If I move the icon and then move it back, it updates. Why is this? Any way to fix it?
    10-31-09 09:21 AM
    Hm. That's interesting.. Have you tried a battery pull? Check the settings and make sure its set to update every 10 minutes or so. Or maybe try uninstalling it and reinstalling it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 10:41 AM
    I've done all of that. The app itself updates, just not the icon on the actual home screen. I think it has to do with the home screen icons not refreshing unless they are moved? Which is dumb...
    10-31-09 10:49 AM
    That would be dumb.. I doubt that's the case... I don't have a storm 2 so I don't know.. Search the storm forums and see if anybody else has the issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 11:01 AM
    Does the theme have full size icons or smaller icons? Non regular sixed icons do not update corretly. It is a theme issues.
    10-31-09 12:02 PM
    Same here my icon hasn't updated in 2 days now.
    10-31-09 12:02 PM
    Not a theme issue for me, berryweather has always worked on my theme's and now its not on all. I'm thinking it might be a 5.0 problem since the op has S2 and I'm using 5.0.23.
    10-31-09 12:06 PM
    Alright, so its not just me. It's probably just the fact that the icons don't refresh on the default theme.
    10-31-09 12:16 PM
    Just fixed my problem it was that I didn't have any of my locations set as home. Not sure how that got changed in the first place but it was an easy fix.
    10-31-09 12:25 PM
    I'm having this issue as well and I definitely have a location set as home. I'm also running the stock 5.0.0.320 OS.
    11-15-09 02:59 PM
    it is a bug in the OS. there is nothing wrong with berryweather
    11-15-09 04:27 PM
    yep yep
    11-15-09 04:43 PM
    I knew it wasn't berryweather. I assumed it was an OS glitch, but wanted to make sure. Thanks guys.
    11-15-09 10:00 PM
    I just d/l WeatherEye & I'm having the same issue.
    11-16-09 05:33 PM
    My home screen icon won't update without moving the icon either. Here's a new one for you guys; now my beweather is saying No GPS/cell position available. All my data is back is up so it should be updating but as of 8 pm MST I have nothing. Battery pulls and reinstallation don't help the issue either.
    11-17-09 12:07 AM
    My home screen icon won't update without moving the icon either. Here's a new one for you guys; now my beweather is saying No GPS/cell position available. All my data is back is up so it should be updating but as of 8 pm MST I have nothing. Battery pulls and reinstallation don't help the issue either.
    1. your icon wont update because there is an OS bug in your storm 2 so there is nothing we can do about it

2. there is a bis outage which means berryweather cannot update, there is nothing wrong with berryweather, this is RIMs fault
    11-17-09 08:42 AM
    1. your icon wont update because there is an OS bug in your storm 2 so there is nothing we can do about it

2. there is a bis outage which means berryweather cannot update, there is nothing wrong with berryweather, this is RIMs fault
    The BIS outage seems to have been resolved. VZ Navigator worked this a.m., as did Google Maps. E-mail, texting...everything is working. Yet I can't get an update to my GPS location in BerryWeather.
    11-17-09 08:53 AM
    The BIS outage seems to have been resolved. VZ Navigator worked this a.m., as did Google Maps. E-mail, texting...everything is working. Yet I can't get an update to my GPS location in BerryWeather.
    have you tried manually updating your location?
    11-17-09 08:58 AM
    I had tried that...nothing was working. But finally around 4:00 p.m. it updated. I have no idea what was going on.
    11-17-09 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD