Ok, maybe I spoke too soon, but why doesn't the RAIN or THUNDERSTORM icons work? Its raining cats and dogs and it just says "overcast"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 05:48 AM
    Ok, maybe I spoke too soon, but why doesn't the RAIN or THUNDERSTORM icons work? Its raining cats and dogs and it just says "overcast"

I just gave up sometimes it works good and other times it will show the sun when its midnight lol right after updating too. Just glad I didn't pay for full version guess I'll go back to free weather eye at least it worked just don't look as good.

01-25-10 06:04 AM
    I experienced the same issue with both Beweather and Weathereye. Tried everything, but the only theme in which the homescreen icon would update was the stock OEM that came on the device. Another poster in the Weathereye beta thread said that he was experiencing the same problems on his 9700 running 5.0.0.351, but that when he upgraded his OS to 5.0.0.442 the issue resolved.

I'm running 5.0.0.386 on my 8530 and I'm pretty sure at this point that it's an OS bug and not an issue with the weather apps.
    01-25-10 06:07 AM

You might want to use another "nearby" station.

I realized that I had Los Angeles and it always seemed to show weather around 1am. I changed the station to another and it showed weather from about 30 minutes earlier. So you may be using a station (they are personal weather stations in some cases) that does not update its info.
    01-25-10 08:46 AM
    I have the same problems too for a few days now and I am running .423 on my 9700, so I uninstalled it and will wait till there is a new version....done with this app for now

p.s. Ohh and I have the paid version
    01-25-10 09:32 AM
    Its only been doing this recently, never had a problem before

01-25-10 11:49 AM
    Still raining and still says overcast. Tried changing weather stations and also tried different themes but still nothing. All the other icons show up just not the rain or thunderstorm icons...HELP!

01-30-10 09:49 AM
    Still raining and still says overcast. Tried changing weather stations and also tried different themes but still nothing. All the other icons show up just not the rain or thunderstorm icons...HELP!

I am in NC too have added swansboro and weather location as "mandy farms" shows as light rain I toggle to a few different weather locations and showed as overcast thats the first one so far it showed "light rain" . I dont know which location you was choosing from mine is set to "GPS with cell fallback on general settings" tho that is what i read it should be on bellshare forum(but I am on vzw) before with previous versions.

There is no heavy rain or thunder in my location , only snow, ice pellets or frz rain

PS; "out on the dock"and "NC State Ports" locations showed as "rain" so its other then "light rain"
    Last edited by DavidNC; 01-30-10 at 10:39 AM. Reason: PS; update
    01-30-10 10:29 AM
    I am in NC too have added swansboro and weather location as "mandy farms" shows as light rain I toggle to a few different weather locations and showed as overcast thats the first one so far it showed "light rain" . I dont know which location you was choosing from mine is set to "GPS with cell fallback on general settings" tho that is what i read it should be on bellshare forum(but I am on vzw) before with previous versions.

There is no heavy rain or thunder in my location , only snow, ice pellets or frz rain

PS; "out on the dock"and "NC State Ports" locations showed as "rain" so its other then "light rain"
    I'm closer to crystal shores. Settings are all right.

01-30-10 11:39 AM
    I have been running the V2.1 beta on .423 and .442 and have had no issues. I normally use the stock theme but am now using a 14 mini icon + weather theme everything still seems fine. Hope you ger things figured out!

01-30-10 11:49 AM
    I'm using the stormy X pink. On .405

01-30-10 11:59 AM
    I am having the same problems. It's now updating the weather, but I still have nothing other than the umbrella on the home screen, and we're going to get snow. No advisories at all. I have a Curve 8330 v4.5.0.77. Never had a problem until a few days ago.
    02-02-10 03:22 PM
    My "rain" and "thunderstorm" icon doesn't work in my area all I get is "overcast". If I change the weather station to something 19 miles away then it works. Something must be wrong with my weather station, because it rained hard all day today.

02-02-10 05:39 PM
    Something must be wrong with my weather station, because it rained hard all day today.

Very likely. The icon roughly represents the weather conditions of the weather station you're using. Try another weather station.

Or - and this is also interesting to do - go to the Weather Underground website and enter your location and look for the link to Weather Stations - that same list is available in BerryWeather but on the website you can see them all at one time along with all the data they are reporting.
    02-02-10 06:26 PM
    In General Settings, make sure that the Get Current Location is set to Cell Location (GPS Fallback).
    Why would you only want it to check GPS if it can't find you via cell location? GPS is far more accurate than cell triangulation. I set mine to GPS with cell location fallback, so if it ever can't get a good location via GPS it will resort to the less accurate cell location.
    02-02-10 06:45 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD