I never tried to set a custom radar in Berryweather yet, I'd like to try to set a custom radar, but have no idea how you actually do that?

I would like to use the accuweather radar, but how would i set that as the main radar in berryweather?

Thanks for any help in advance!
    10-30-09 06:56 PM
    U want a custom radar?

Where is Sling_box........

Once you load the radar in the App.

Hit menu.

Set custom radar.

Paste this one.

http://radblast.wunderground.com/cgi...=$lon$&radius=125&type=N0R&frame=0&num=$frames$&delay=15&width=$wid th$&height=$height$&newmaps=1&r=1244393282

GPS location where ever you go.

10-30-09 07:11 PM
    thank you very much
    Last edited by mjbesen310; 10-30-09 at 08:29 PM.
    10-30-09 08:21 PM
    U want a custom radar?

Where is Sling_box........

Once you load the radar in the App.

Hit menu.

Set custom radar.

Paste this one.

http://radblast.wunderground.com/cgi...=$lon$&radius=125&type=N0R&frame=0&num=$frames$&delay=15&width=$wid th$&height=$height$&newmaps=1&r=1244393282

GPS location where ever you go.

okay now that I just tried it, I'm into problems I pulled up berryweather, pulled up the default radar, and then hit the option to set custom radar. I copied the entire link you gave me, and pasted it and hit save. It went to pull the radar back up and I get this message...Failed Loading radar map. Check your Berryweather transport settings and make sure any custom supplied radar map URL is correct. (BIS-HTTP response code:404).

what did i do wrong??
    10-30-09 08:32 PM
    okay now that I just tried it, I'm into problems I pulled up berryweather, pulled up the default radar, and then hit the option to set custom radar. I copied the entire link you gave me, and pasted it and hit save. It went to pull the radar back up and I get this message...Failed Loading radar map. Check your Berryweather transport settings and make sure any custom supplied radar map URL is correct. (BIS-HTTP response code:404).

what did i do wrong??
    click Link in my signature
    10-30-09 08:34 PM
    click Link in my signature
    Thanks... It looks like I'm gong to have to wait until I'm back home on the computer to get you're link in your signature since I'm not able to see it from my Tour at the moment. It will give me something for me to work on tomorrow though.

Thanks for the help guys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 08:51 PM
    There's Sling... He is the radar master
    10-30-09 09:15 PM
    Hey, tell him his radar for Vancouver, BC is terrific. (I'm not registered at their forum.)

Living down in Seattle, we visit the great white north occasionally.
    10-30-09 09:56 PM

what did i do wrong??
    I'm trying to use this URL too and can't seem to make it work.

Can someone assist me? I tried it in a regular browser on my PC and no luck there. Any insight?

Thanks!
    12-18-09 02:14 AM
    let me try this out
    12-18-09 02:23 AM
    bump. what's the link address? yester's link isn't complete. Sling your signature is gone. thanks!
    12-18-09 11:49 AM
    Follow this link to the bellshare custom radar page. Many options to chose from.
    12-18-09 02:05 PM
    Follow this link to the bellshare custom radar page. Many options to chose from.
    Thanks for the link! This just improved berryweather x 10!!!

It seams like most of these only have 6 frames even thought in the settings I have it set up for 10. Is there anyway to change this?
    12-18-09 02:35 PM
    Thanks for the link! This just improved berryweather x 10!!!

It seams like most of these only have 6 frames even thought in the settings I have it set up for 10. Is there anyway to change this?
    Wunderground frame # should be responding to your setting.
    With Accuweather you can change frame rate value by editing end on link - af=5
    12-18-09 03:00 PM
    Thanks guys this is so much better then the default. Loads faster for me to for some reason. I know its not the right time of year for this but has anyone come up with a hurricane tracker yet?

12-19-09 07:42 AM
    I never tried to set a custom radar in Berryweather yet, I'd like to try to set a custom radar, but have no idea how you actually do that?

I would like to use the accuweather radar, but how would i set that as the main radar in berryweather?

Thanks for any help in advance!
    I've got an address from NOAA for the Midwest. Its a pretty detailed map. I don't know how to customize it for a different view or location, sorry. http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/lite/N0R/LOT_loop.gif
    Check it out let me know what you think.

12-19-09 10:29 AM
    doesn't BW already come w/ radar? mine has it?
    12-19-09 11:37 AM
    I've got an address from NOAA for the Midwest. Its a pretty detailed map. I don't know how to customize it for a different view or location, sorry. http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/lite/N0R/LOT_loop.gif
    Check it out let me know what you think.

I made the link more generic and you can pick an area:

National Weather Service Doppler Radar Images

although I'm not sure how to grab a gif loop.
    12-19-09 12:28 PM
    I am trying to get a custom map to work on my storm, for some reason I can not get one to work. My zip code is 51012. I dont care if it is the wunder, or the accuweather, can someone post a link that will work for me to put in berryweather. I have been trying to change the variables and it has not been working for me. I have the storm 2, that is another problem, have not been able to find the settings for the storm 2 screen. I am still looking, but if someone that is more savy in this area can post a link to copy and paste into berryweather, I would be appreciative. thanks for any help.
    12-19-09 04:41 PM
    Trucks:

Try this one but substitute your lat/long using the format you see in the link:

http://radblast-mi.wunderground.com/...ing=0&smooth=0.

found above as: &lat=47.44889069&lon=-122.30916595

And you might want to change: &label=Seattle-Tacoma+International%2C+WA
    12-19-09 07:50 PM
    Trucks:

Try this one but substitute your lat/long using the format you see in the link:

http://radblast-mi.wunderground.com/...ing=0&smooth=0.

found above as: &lat=47.44889069&lon=-122.30916595

And you might want to change: &label=Seattle-Tacoma+International%2C+WA
    HI, thanks for replying. I tried changing the lat and longitude. Below is a copy of what I did. I copied and pasted yours above and workd perfect for your area, but when I put my lattitude and longitude in, it still shows your area. this is what I tried...

http://radblast-mi.wunderground.com/...ing=0&smooth=0

I probably did something wrong, if you see something obvious, let me know.

thanks again
    12-19-09 10:04 PM
    No, you did nothing wrong. I just made assumptions based on the visible data in the url:

Des Moines, I believe.

The key is the station ID: DMX

Seattle is the ATX

A bit of googling found that the ID is the last 3 letters (uppercase) of the station ID which appears to be a radio station type of id.

Here's Iowa (that's where you are from?):
    http://www4.ncdc.noaa.gov/cgi-win/ww...l?WWDI~StnSrch

I tried some of the others and it said "radar down" .... hmm, I tried more and most do not give results so probably there are limited number of actual stations with radar.

Aha, more info. A map of the radar sites in the US. Find the site, find its code and drop the "K" and use the 3 other letters in the link I posted. I am not sure what the lat/long do but maybe center or refocus the map at those coodinates???? (time for sleep...)

NCDC NEXRAD Data Inventory Search (Order Historical NEXRAD Weather Radar Data)
    Last edited by F2; 12-20-09 at 12:39 AM.
    12-20-09 12:15 AM
    No, you did nothing wrong. I just made assumptions based on the visible data in the url:

Des Moines, I believe.

The key is the station ID: DMX

Seattle is the ATX

A bit of googling found that the ID is the last 3 letters (uppercase) of the station ID which appears to be a radio station type of id.

Here's Iowa (that's where you are from?):
    http://www4.ncdc.noaa.gov/cgi-win/ww...l?WWDI~StnSrch

I tried some of the others and it said "radar down" .... hmm, I tried more and most do not give results so probably there are limited number of actual stations with radar.

Aha, more info. A map of the radar sites in the US. Find the site, find its code and drop the "K" and use the 3 other letters in the link I posted. I am not sure what the lat/long do but maybe center or refocus the map at those coodinates???? (time for sleep...)

NCDC NEXRAD Data Inventory Search (Order Historical NEXRAD Weather Radar Data)

Thank you. This worked. I needed to use the sioux falls radar for my home area, since I am in the northwest part of Iowa. Once I figured out the 3 letter station ID deal, it works like a charm now. The 3 letter station ID is what was throwing me off from the get go, did not catch that part. It is easy now that I know what I am doing.

Being that I am a truck driver, I am using des moines, sioux falls, and minneapolis radar. This really helps. Berryweather just got better for me now that I know how to use this feature.

Thank you for your help and going out of your way.
    12-20-09 07:24 AM
    Thank you. This worked. I needed to use the sioux falls radar for my home area, since I am in the northwest part of Iowa. Once I figured out the 3 letter station ID deal, it works like a charm now. The 3 letter station ID is what was throwing me off from the get go, did not catch that part. It is easy now that I know what I am doing.

Being that I am a truck driver, I am using des moines, sioux falls, and minneapolis radar. This really helps. Berryweather just got better for me now that I know how to use this feature.

Thank you for your help and going out of your way.
    Didn't really go out of my way - actually, never left the desk chair

But it became a challenge to figure it out. What really befuddles me is why bother with the lat/long info. The "Seattle-Tacoma Intern" appears on the bottom of the display and is merely a title (next to wundergound) so does not matter.

I believe I got the base "url" from the bellshare site - they have a RADAR thread going there.

Now if only the snow would return to our mountains for x-country skiing!!!!

Enjoy your long distance "commutes!"
    12-20-09 09:47 AM
    Didn't really go out of my way - actually, never left the desk chair

But it became a challenge to figure it out. What really befuddles me is why bother with the lat/long info. The "Seattle-Tacoma Intern" appears on the bottom of the display and is merely a title (next to wundergound) so does not matter.

I believe I got the base "url" from the bellshare site - they have a RADAR thread going there.

Now if only the snow would return to our mountains for x-country skiing!!!!

Enjoy your long distance "commutes!"
    The only difference I find in changing the lat/long info is that it puts a "X" in the spot of that location.
    12-20-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD