I purchased BerryWeather from MobiHand some years ago and have updated regularly thru their website. I am currently running version 2.6.12 (most current version MobiHand offers). BellShare has a new version 2.6.22 available on their website.

When I send a message to MobiHand asking about new updates, they direct me to the developer (BellShare). When I go to BellShare, they do not respond to messages.

BellShare has a support page, but I don't have an account because app was not purchased from them. There is nowhere on BellShare website to create an account to send support requests.

Can anyone provide any suggestions (other than the obvious - try another app).
    08-07-12 09:43 AM
    Bellshare just doesn't seem to care about their customers anymore. I've deleted their apps and won't support them anymore.

There are better alternatives out there anyway.
    Coach Bill likes this.
    08-07-12 10:19 AM
    I don't understand your problem?

Forget MobiHand...

Just delete v2.6.12 from your phone, install v2.6.22 directly from BellShare, and use your original licence key.
    08-07-12 10:23 AM
    Bellshare just doesn't seem to care about their customers anymore. I've deleted their apps and won't support them anymore.

There are better alternatives out there anyway.
    You don't need customer support.
    BellShare has an automatic key generator on their site that works perfectly when changing devices, and nobody uses MobiHand anymore anyway.

I have yet to find a better alternative to BeWeather
    Coach Bill likes this.
    08-07-12 10:34 AM
    BellShare has an automatic key generator on their site that works perfectly when changing devices, and nobody uses MobiHand anymore anyway.

I have purchased BeBuzz, BeReader, and BeWeather in the past. When I go to their site to retrieve the activation codes they never send me the BeWeather or BeReader codes. Just two BeBuzz's because I've bought it from MobiHand and AppWorld. As with the OP, emailing support does nothing.

QuickWeather suits my needs for a weather app.
    08-07-12 11:01 AM

Thanks for your reply.
    The issue isn't with an activation code. I cannot download update from BellShare because app was purchased at MobiHand and MobiHand isn't offering the update. I'm darn sure not going to pay for the app again at BellShare just to get a free update!
    08-07-12 11:15 AM
    Thanks for your reply.

The issue isn't with an activation code. I cannot download update from BellShare because app was purchased at MobiHand and MobiHand isn't offering the update. I'm darn sure not going to pay for the app again at BellShare just to get a free update!
    Of course you can download the update from BellShare. Just do it from here... http://www.bellshare.com/berryweather/

Like you, I originally purchased BeWeather from MobiHand. All I did to get v2.6.22 was delete my original app, download and install the latest version directly from BellShare, and use my original activation code. Sorted
    Coach Bill likes this.
    08-07-12 11:23 AM
    Try and download it from App World. And then you should be able to retrieve the registration codes when you register for the full version. I bought BeWeather and BeBuzz from the mobi hand website and now I get updates through App World as well with the registration codes saved in App World.
    Coach Bill likes this.
    08-07-12 11:45 AM
    Try and download it from App World. And then you should be able to retrieve the registration codes when you register for the full version. I bought BeWeather and BeBuzz from the mobi hand website and now I get updates through App World as well with the registration codes saved in App World.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Can I do this without having to pay for the app again at App World?
    08-07-12 12:02 PM
    Of course you can download the update from BellShare. Just do it from here... Bellshare - BerryWeather

Like you, I originally purchased BeWeather from MobiHand. All I did to get v2.6.22 was delete my original app, download and install the latest version directly from BellShare, and use my original activation code. Sorted
    Thanks for the suggestion. I actually tried this already. I downloaded the berryweather.jad file to my desktop and tried to install thru Desktop Manager, without success. How did you install the file from BellShare?
    08-07-12 12:08 PM
    How did you install the file from BellShare?
    The way it should be done... OTA directly from your phone browser.
    Coach Bill likes this.
    08-07-12 12:13 PM
    Aha - I will try this tonight and report my hopeful success tomorrow!
    08-07-12 01:33 PM
    Deleting 2.6.12 (purchased from MobiHand) and installing 2.6.22 OTA from BellShare worked like a charm! I didn't even have to re-enter my activation code.

Thank You again.
    08-08-12 07:54 AM
    I hate the support ( or lack of it from Bellshare ) however they do make good apps.

I never even knew there was an update for berryweather.

I too have now updated to the latest version via this method.

Cheers Phill.

Anyone know what the update log says about what this version brings/updates/improves.
    08-11-12 06:54 PM
    why didnt you use your blackberry to go to their website and install the file? why use a computer? i stopped using them because bebuzz had problems and beweather drained my battery. maybe the updated version is better

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    08-11-12 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD