since i first got my tour on release day, i've been running weatherbug.
    its able to run temp updates on the homescreen icon w/o running in the background (does not show up when holding down the bb button which shows apps running in background... i check this regularly to make sure i maximize the battery life).

i've always read how good berryweather is, and how much people like this app. so i bit the bullet and made the purchase. i noticed however, in order to have the home icon display updated temps, it has to run in the background... my battery life also seems shorter... am i mistaken? anyway to have icon display updated temp w/o running in background like weatherbug?

seems like the only way to not run in background is to close the app completely, but then the homescreen icon displays the umbrella w/o temp updates.

any thoughts?
    08-23-09 06:29 PM
    Anything that is updating on its own will drain a battery faster. I have mine set to update on the hour and I haven't noticed any change in my battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 06:37 PM
    initially it drained my battery but after a period of time i hadn't noticed it. i have it set to GPS only... with dates every 30 mins.
    08-23-09 06:54 PM
    just change the update interval. i have mine set to 2 hours and there is no battery drain at all.
    08-23-09 07:16 PM
    I was afraid it would drain my battery too, after I realized I had to leave it running if I wanted the weather to show on the icon. But nope, there's been no battery drain at all. For example, when I'm at work, I only pull out my phone on breaks and at lunch, and by the time I get home, my battery level would be in the 90's. After installing Berryweather and letting it run all day, I'm still showing percentage in the 90's when I get home from work each day, so there's been no significant battery drain at all. I've got it set to update every 30 minutes.
    08-23-09 08:28 PM
    I have noticed some battery drain. I have gps and updating every hour. I just switched to every 2 hours i am going to see if this help it out a bit.
    08-23-09 09:02 PM
    I am not running mine on GPS and have it update every hour and alerts every 15minutes. With the few calls I make everyday and other data functions I use, my battery is only down between 20 to 25%.
    08-23-09 09:16 PM
    Not sure about battery drain, but I've noticed that it makes other things sluggish. I use Profiler & it messes up, switching profiles incorrectly when BW was open. BBWeather displays temp on homescreen, and doesn't seem to affect other apps.

08-23-09 09:20 PM
    It works fine for me, I don't notice any battery drain...

08-23-09 09:26 PM
    I have two locations set in BerryWeather, each updated every 45 minutes.
    There is perhaps a slight battery drain (maybe an extra 5% after 12 hours). Not enough to matter to me, though.
    08-23-09 09:47 PM
    No such thing as Berryweather battery drain ,Those having issue may want to look into different 3 party draining or if you have another app running in background.

Earlier post of mine from Theme forums - Copy/pasted
    My 9630 Fully charged at 12:00pm yesterday.
    24 hours later I have 80% battery remaining.

App & features used during 24 time frame with Standby not enabled,

Berryweather GPS update set to 30 min interval , Severe weather warning GPS update set to 15 min interval .
    4 weather alerts went off ,I checked radar & forecast warnings for each one

BerryBuzz 8 times with led blinking total of 40 min

30 minutes of calls

30 minutes of BBM

6 emails received & sent.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-23-09 at 10:37 PM.
    08-23-09 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD