I just posted this question in the software forum;

I live in Ontario. Are there features I would not get with Berry Weather that US cities do; radar etc.

Any Canadian Berry Weather users have an opinion?
    08-17-09 05:37 PM
    I just bout mines, im awaiting the conformation email.
    08-17-09 05:50 PM
    sure y not..
    08-17-09 05:53 PM
    How often do u guys set it to updatE?
    08-17-09 06:43 PM
    Bought my copy a little earlier today. The only thing I don't like about it so far is that I can't close out of it, lol. I'm used to being able to completely exit out of weather apps and still be able to have the icon display the current temperature. But if I exit out of this app, my icon changes to the generic app icon (the umbrella), with no temperature display and rolling over it doesn't display current conditions. I'm playing around in settings to see if there's a way to change this, but haven't found it yet. Other than that, I'm happy with it.

How often do u guys set it to updatE?
    I've got mine set to every 30 minutes.
    08-17-09 06:47 PM
    Also, does this use a lot of battery life, having it on all the time?
    08-17-09 06:51 PM
    Also, does this use a lot of battery life, having it on all the time?
    That's what I'm trying to figure out, but I sure hope not.
    08-17-09 07:05 PM
    Can you not buy this on the App Store on the phone itself? Must be bought through the website? BerryWeather on Crackberry's App Store on my Tour is still showing full price.
    08-17-09 07:15 PM
    Darn I have no choice but to miss this sale since today is 8/17. My new Tour won't arrive until tomorrow afternoon. I do have a question though, one of my main reasons for getting a BB was to be able to have live doppler radar. We spend a lot of time on the water on a boat and have been caught in storms a couple of times and came in in a hurry many more times needlessly. Is it possible to have pinpointed doppler radar via the gps? I haven't decided which weather app to get but I know it won't be WeatherBug, I deleted it from my desktop computer a long time ago and use Weather underground at home.
    This is the first of what I'm sure will be many questions from a brand new BB user....
    08-17-09 07:18 PM
    I tryed out the free trial = sticking with my WB.
    08-17-09 07:22 PM
    Darn I have no choice but to miss this sale since today is 8/17. My new Tour won't arrive until tomorrow afternoon. I do have a question though, one of my main reasons for getting a BB was to be able to have live doppler radar. We spend a lot of time on the water on a boat and have been caught in storms a couple of times and came in in a hurry many more times needlessly. Is it possible to have pinpointed doppler radar via the gps? I haven't decided which weather app to get but I know it won't be WeatherBug, I deleted it from my desktop computer a long time ago and use Weather underground at home.
    This is the first of what I'm sure will be many questions from a brand new BB user....
    You should buy it anyway and just activate the app once your Tour arrives.
    08-17-09 07:24 PM
    That's what I'm trying to figure out, but I sure hope not.
    definately kills the life out of yr battery! Had this for a day using the trial. The app always stays on, u can't close it and still receive the weather updates. Battery was being murdered. I am amazed that ppl don't notice this! They are too busy loving the fancy graphics!! Save yr money guys please unless u one of those that have chargers everywhere!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 07:26 PM
    Done! Almost paid full price yesterday!
    08-17-09 07:26 PM
    Can you not buy this on the App Store on the phone itself? Must be bought through the website? BerryWeather on Crackberry's App Store on my Tour is still showing full price.
    Cancel that. If you search for BerryWeather on the Crackberry App Store on the phone it shows the updated price. Under the Hot tab it shows the old price.
    08-17-09 07:29 PM
    Whew...when I first read it I thought it the Title said "Discontinued"
    So did I. LOL
    08-17-09 07:31 PM
    definately kills the life out of yr battery! Had this for a day using the trial. The app always stays on, u can't close it and still receive the weather updates. Battery was being murdered. I am amazed that ppl don't notice this! They are too busy loving the fancy graphics!! Save yr money guys please unless u one of those that have chargers everywhere!

I just downloaded the trial, and I think I will buy it before midnight. As for the battery life issue, the vendor states:

- Improved battery and memory handling

BerryWeather 1.5 now with RADAR MAPS and GPS - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

I hope $5 does NOT translate into constant charging!!!
    08-17-09 08:30 PM

Well, that's definitely not the answer I was looking for lol! I bought it earlier today, so we'll see how it holds up. 5 bucks, not really a big deal...
    08-17-09 10:37 PM
    It doesn't murder my battery that bad...
    08-17-09 10:41 PM
    Yeah berry weather doesn't destroy my battery that much either. I mean sure it uses more than an idle berry would, but I mean... Its a BB. Hahahahahaha.

I put my BB through average use with email / phone / BBM / blogs + 24hr berry weather. I'd say that I have a 1/4 - 1/2 battery every night when I charge it again.

08-17-09 10:46 PM
    Only thing I didn't like while trying the trial was that you HAVE to leave the app running in the background or else you wont have the home screen icon (just turns back into umbrella) & it didn't update consistently at all.
    08-17-09 10:50 PM
    Downloaded trial, deleted within 15 minutes. I'm sticking to weatherbug elite.

08-17-09 10:52 PM
    I guess my biggest concern is all the talk in the reviews about inaccuracy, and usually by 10 degress or more. Are these users using Berryweather wrongly?
    I just checked and I'm pretty disappointed in the accuracy. BerryWeather says 84 degrees feels like 90 degrees for Germantown, MD.(Just updated and Observed at 11:50pm EST) I just checked Weather.com and it shows 75 degrees feels like 75. Thats a pretty big difference.

So far not too happy with the accuracy. Also having problems updating weather for Current Location. Sucks that I paid full price for this program earlier today without knowing about the 50% off too Oh well.
    08-17-09 10:59 PM
    wait, now its the 18th and its still on sale...
    08-17-09 11:08 PM
    I just checked and I'm pretty disappointed in the accuracy. BerryWeather says 84 degrees feels like 90 degrees for Germantown, MD.(Just updated and Observed at 11:50pm EST) I just checked Weather.com and it shows 75 degrees feels like 75. Thats a pretty big difference.

So far not too happy with the accuracy. Also having problems updating weather for Current Location. Sucks that I paid full price for this program earlier today without knowing about the 50% off too Oh well.
    I was going to get it for my VZW Tour but I read on the description that the GPS feature won't work with any Verizon phones except the Storm. Booooooo
    08-17-09 11:20 PM
    I'd jump all over this while it lasts!

BerryWeather is the best that there is.

08-17-09 11:36 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD