Glad this one was offered up for the 50%. Tried BBWeather and Weatherbug, neither of which were "bad", but this one did basically everything I was looking for. Getting it discounted was a bonus.

As for temp accuracy, mine shows 73 right now, and my patio thermometer shows 71. During the peak of the day, my patio read 95 and this showed 97. Negligible difference, to me. I did switch to the accuweather radar, though (since the default was the only radar I saw with rain showing in the area, on a blue-sky day...head scratcher).
    Last edited by PolishLogic; 08-17-09 at 11:42 PM.
    08-17-09 11:38 PM
    It's not rain, just "noise" that radars often pick up. Can you tell me what URL you used for Accuweather's radar? Every one I try gives me an illegal transport error.
    Just followed this tutorial: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/berr...torial-254818/

Worked like a breeze, no issues at all.
    08-18-09 12:59 AM
    It doesn't murder my battery that bad...
    Yeah berry weather doesn't destroy my battery that much either. I mean sure it uses more than an idle berry would, but I mean... Its a BB. Hahahahahaha.

I put my BB through average use with email / phone / BBM / blogs + 24hr berry weather. I'd say that I have a 1/4 - 1/2 battery every night when I charge it again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How often did you guys set it to update?
    08-18-09 01:15 AM
    I think I'll buy it.
    08-18-09 01:18 AM
    is it worth it?
    08-18-09 01:44 AM
    Again using the gps to set the location is another battery killer. If yr at home, jus select it manually. Gps isn't yr exact location anyway, it will jus use yr town not the area directly above yr head!!!!

08-18-09 06:06 AM
    thanks for the heads up!
    08-18-09 06:08 AM
    I am still using the free WeatherBug, and all I ever do with that is look at the temp on my home screen icon. Its sort of tempting but also seems like a bit of a waste for my usage.

Although I have to admit, it does look a lot nicer than WeatherBug.
    I agree. As long as I can see what temp. It is, I'm fine. Does seem like a great app but not worth the money for me. I hardly ever travel so weathereye works fine for me.

08-18-09 06:18 AM
    i rarely am at home over the weekend. i have the top 5 places that i go to programmed into berryweather and it is great. i can plan where to go based on weather. it is all conveniently located in one spot now.
    08-18-09 06:48 AM
    I agree. I love this app it is the best that I have come across. I use to use AccuWeather app and it was alright. I provided me with the weather which is what I really use it for. However, I would have enjoyed BerryWeather much more at the discounted price.
    08-18-09 07:06 AM
    Doh, should have bought it yesterday. Oh well.
    08-18-09 07:31 AM
    That's not the developer's fault. Verizon cripples the GPS on their phones.
    Is it possible that it works on the Tour on Verizon as well but isn't listed that way because the Tour is new?
    08-18-09 07:58 AM
    Here are some screenshots for those who might be curious:

This is the "Today" view. The part on top that I've scrolled past is the temp and condition with image. There are several other views you can choose from as well.

Radar (animated)

It's an awesome app!
    How do you change fonts in BerryWeather? I cant seem to find this?!

Also, my homescreen icon has the temp and also says "Hazy" or "Sunny". How do I get rid of this?
    08-18-09 11:28 AM
    How do you change fonts in BerryWeather? I cant seem to find this?!

Also, my homescreen icon has the temp and also says "Hazy" or "Sunny". How do I get rid of this?
    Open up the application, go into the menu and select settings, then uncheck the "show temperature badge on homescreen icon".

i personally like that it reflects and updates the temp without having to open up the app but i understand that it is not for everyone
    08-20-09 07:26 AM
    That's not the developer's fault. Verizon cripples the GPS on their phones.
    Found out that it actually does work with GPS on the Tour. I bought it and I LOVE IT. Fantastic application. Couldn't be happier.
    08-25-09 02:16 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD