i have berryweather 2.2.01 on my bold9700 and was wondering if there is an icon which displays rain for the Current Condition. where im located its been raining/t-storms for the past week and the current condition just reads overcast. The only icons i have seen so far for current conditions are clear, partly cloudy and overcast is that normal? is there no such thing as a rain or t-storm or snow icon? thanks in advance.
    05-31-10 04:44 PM
    There are to my knowledge rain, thunderstorm and more icons. It is odd that you are not seeing the icons, if you open the application and refresh it, will it change your icon on your homescreen? Possible that it is stuck, have you tried a battery pull?
    05-31-10 04:48 PM
    There is one for rain.
    05-31-10 05:10 PM
    i thought there were other icons because when im in the Today w/Daily view it shows rain and tstorm icons in the forecast/outlook but as for the actual current condition in the upper right corner ive never seen it those icons. ive tried doing a battery pull. hmmm....
    05-31-10 05:28 PM
    If you go into your settings then display settings you can reset your theme and icon settings
    05-31-10 06:35 PM
    Yes, as the others have said, there are definitely distinct icons that depict rain, thunderstorms, etc. I see them on my Tour 9630 every time we have those conditions (the icons are really nice looking for rain & stormy conditions). I don't have answers for you, but I hope you are able to adjust your settings and get it straightened out.

Example of rainy icon:
    Last edited by IndePanda; 05-31-10 at 07:31 PM.
    05-31-10 07:20 PM
    If the weather source says overcast, it will put the overcast icon. Even if it is raining and thunderstorming where you live, the weather source might not say that. It could be snowing where you live and if the weather source says sunny, thats the icon you'll get. Try finding a more accurate weather station perhaps and see if it is relaying the right conditions.
    05-31-10 07:23 PM
    If the weather source says overcast, it will put the overcast icon. Even if it is raining and thunderstorming where you live, the weather source might not say that. It could be snowing where you live and if the weather source says sunny, thats the icon you'll get. Try finding a more accurate weather station perhaps and see if it is relaying the right conditions.
    that is correct. all of berryweather data is pulled from weather underground and their weather stations. whatever the stations say is what shows on berryweather
    05-31-10 07:43 PM
    that is correct. all of berryweather data is pulled from weather underground and their weather stations. whatever the stations say is what shows on berryweather
    also local station might be down. so it will pull in info from next one in line.
    05-31-10 07:46 PM
    As mentioned above, you need to find the nearest local WU station that keeps the current conditions up to date.

Some guys running local station are asleep at the wheel. These stations could be at someone's house, school, hospital etc. Current conditions are entered manually by those manning the station.

The forecast however come from airports etc.

Lucky for me, my default locat station as well as my backup stations are on the ball.

Good Luck
    05-31-10 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD