I have a bold 9650 on Verizon and just updated to OS 6.0.0.431 from 5.0.0.975.
    Berryweather works fine except when I go yo use my built in radar map I get this message "Failed loading map/webcam. The link does not point to a valid image (GIF,JPEG or PNG) Did you try to pass a HTML link?" I hit ok and then reload the map and it works fine. Bellshare told me to uninstall and reinstall the program, and then delete the location do a battery pull and reload the location.
    It did not work, I always get that error message on the first try, but it always works on the second try! Anyone else experience this? Thanks for any help.
    BTW this did not happen on any previous OS versions.
    02-13-11 07:47 PM
    Same here. I had an issue with the maps under OS 5, where the preinstalled map would not work. I found a link to another map on their website, and loaded that map. All worked fine, until the OS 6 update and the error message.
    bbueding likes this.
    02-13-11 08:20 PM
    Just make sure if you go from OS5 to OS6, that you upgrade to the OS6 version of BW. You may have already done this, but just putting it out there for others who may have forgotten to do so just because some of the main features may still be functioning. A few have done this.
    02-13-11 10:43 PM
    I've been having the same problem. I wish we could get a fix for this from Bellshare.
    02-13-11 11:41 PM
    I tried the OS 6 version for BerryWeather. Still getting the same error.
    02-14-11 04:13 PM
    Ditto here. Built in radar map fails to load the first time. Always works the second time. I did not upgrade. Bought fresh and installed on my 9670 w/ OS6.
    02-26-11 10:09 AM
    does the same for me as well ever since i purchased it. running . 448 :/
    02-26-11 10:22 AM
    Just a suggestion - why not just add a custom radar map? Most of them are better than the built-in radar map anyways. There are instructions and plenty of links to various radars on Bellshare's forums.
    phantommadman likes this.
    02-26-11 12:10 PM
    I added a custom map about a month or so ago. The map supplied with BerryWeather would not work, and I contacted BellShare about it. The email I received mentioned there were issues with the map they were using, and I downloaded a custom one. Still having issues with that one.
    02-26-11 12:24 PM
    Has anyone found out anything more about this?
    03-27-11 09:25 PM
    I have a bold 9650 on Verizon and just updated to OS 6.0.0.431 from 5.0.0.975.
    Berryweather works fine except when I go yo use my built in radar map I get this message "Failed loading map/webcam. The link does not point to a valid image (GIF,JPEG or PNG) Did you try to pass a HTML link?" I hit ok and then reload the map and it works fine. Bellshare told me to uninstall and reinstall the program, and then delete the location do a battery pull and reload the location.
    It did not work, I always get that error message on the first try, but it always works on the second try! Anyone else experience this? Thanks for any help.
    BTW this did not happen on any previous OS versions.
    You may want to change your settings to GPS only, I found this on Bellshares forums:
    "NOTICE FOR CDMA USERS: Currently Berryweather does not have access to the CDMA cell tower location database.
    A database is being developed but until it is available the best setting for CDMA users is GPS only."

I was having the same issue as you and I made the change and it seems to work.

EDIT: after a few attempts I'm now having the same issue again, and in addition to that my "home / GPS" icon reads N/A when I'm not in an area accessible by GPS....
    Last edited by dcfarls80; 07-29-11 at 11:02 AM.
    dm3ready likes this.
    07-29-11 10:03 AM
    On one of Bellshare's forums, I came across information that beta v2.6 is supposed to fix this problem.
    www.bellshare.com • View topic - Radar Update

I tried it out on my 9650 on VZW minutes ago and it is working. Problem seems to be fixed.

Does anyone have a link on how to get better radar maps? This Underground UI is so-1995 - graphics are terrible.
    07-30-11 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD