Anyone else having Berryweather suck their battery dry? With all of the battery saving precautions taken and Berryweather off, my battery is decent. If I turn Berryweather on, even with updates scheduled for once every 2 hours and advisory updates scheduled for never, it drains my battery from 100% to 30% in less than 5 hours. I see a lot of data arrows when Berryweather is doermant in the background. It seems like it is updating constantly, even though the update interval is set at 2 hours.

Anyone else having similar results? Thanks.
    11-25-09 12:02 PM
    Also - this is WITH the Seidio 1600mAh extended battery
    11-25-09 02:39 PM
    i have used BW since day one with my S2 and also with my S1. never had a problem. all updates happen every 2 hours and i have 4 locations that it updates.
    11-25-09 03:18 PM
    Strange. I can't figure out why Berryweather is pulling so much data. I've gone over the settings many times. I'll have to try and e-mail their support department and see if they have any ideas.
    11-25-09 04:21 PM
    i've been seeing a lot of battery drain on my S1 lately with OS 5.0.0.328. I'm troubleshooting now, but berryweather seems a likely culprit, which i am currently disabling.

@christopherri please post back if you learn anything.
    12-10-09 04:09 PM
    Try setting the updated to "never" and manually update when you need to check it, this will allow you to see if berry weather is still pulling data when all settings are set to never
    12-10-09 04:31 PM
    I had a problem until I realized that "my location" used the GPS every time. I set my location by zip code and have had no further battery issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 08:54 PM
    Make sure your updates aren't failing and then they try to repeat. Poor signal area will definitely help on drain, not necessarily just BW.
    12-11-09 12:12 AM
    I'm having the same issue with massive battery drain since installed application. I can't even get one full day anymore. From 7 am till 2 have 5% battery left. Before I made it to at least midnight or so
    01-05-10 03:56 PM
    I had a problem until I realized that "my location" used the GPS every time. I set my location by zip code and have had no further battery issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I think the above is your answer. I have my GPS/Cell Location in Settings put to Cell Location (GPS fallback) and no problems with it.
    01-05-10 04:53 PM
    I had it set for cell location only will try your settings

Thanks
    01-05-10 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD