I just bought this and I have to say. While I feel the price was a bit expensive, it's definitely worth paying some money for. I used WeatherBug before and this feels much smoother, loads MUCH MUCH faster, multiple location tracking that isn't slow as **** vs weatherbug. The icons look gorgeous and the multiple location tracking is priceless since it's all one easy to view/scroll through view vs weatherbug which takes FOREVER to load.

That's my mini review. Who else bought it with the discount code?

And my god I'm on an app buying spree today, first was dmg's yahtzee/bubblewrap combo and now this :P
    04-14-09 06:20 PM
    I'm a fan of BerryWeather.

I live in Louisville. I was using Weatherbug pretty much since I got my Storm, then just downloaded the trial of Berryweather the other day. Well, that day it was cloudy when I woke up and for a while both apps noted the cloudiness. It then became sunny and Berryweather changed to Sunny while Weatherbug stayed with the cloudy for an hour after it had become sunny. I had them both updating every 30 mins.

At that point I deleted Weatherbug and bought Berryweather...
    04-14-09 07:11 PM
    I hated weatherbug, might have to try this out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 07:20 PM
    One thing to remember about weather bug is that not all locations are live locations. There are 2 in my town and one is live and one updates every hour. So if I have it on the one that updates every hour and on my phone is set to every half hour it will show no change until the station is updated.
    04-14-09 07:26 PM
    I preferred weathereye over weatherbug, but since I've had weathereye deleted after purchasing BerryWeather, my application memory is a lot more stable. That's going alongside the much better UI as well!

04-14-09 09:27 PM
    I bought this with the discount code. It certainly looks nicer than weatherbug and i do believe that it is faster. I think the transition between locations is a little sloppy but, it works.
    I am also having some issues selecting background images. I can browse the images fine, i just can't select many of them. Probably about half of my images are not highlighted when i click on them. It doesn't seem to matter if it's a jpg or png, some i can select and some i can't. What size are the background images supposed to be?
    Otherwise, i think BerryWeather is a pretty good app. It just needs to address some issues before l'll use it full time.
    Last edited by jonkjon; 04-15-09 at 07:43 AM.
    04-15-09 07:28 AM
    I am also having some issues selecting background images. I can browse the images fine, i just can't select many of them. Probably about half of my images are not highlighted when i click on them. It doesn't seem to matter if it's a jpg or png, some i can select and some i can't. What size are the background images supposed to be?
    I was having this problem too. I'm not going to keep it from being my main weather app because of this though, so in order to select them, I think you need to have less images in a folder.
    04-15-09 01:10 PM
    I had that problem too. Easiest way around it is to go into your pictures from the media app, and copy the pic from the sd card onto your actual phone, and then go back into berryweather and select it from there. pics are the same size as the regular wallpapers for the storm. just remember in landscape view, you're going to see dark bars on the side.
    04-15-09 01:16 PM
    Anyone having issues with BerryWeather updating? My temp is from 8:55am this morning. I went into the menu to do a manual update and it just hangs in the "updating..." mode.

Battery pull time!
    04-15-09 02:09 PM
    Battery pull seemed to correct my issue.

Do have another question. How come when you do update say every 30 minutes the "Observed " time still may be from over an hour earlier? My home location says updated 14 minutes ago but also says observed at 1:55 pm. It is now 3:25pm.
    Last edited by skynny70; 04-15-09 at 02:37 PM.
    04-15-09 02:26 PM
    I like it so much I bought it twice!
    04-15-09 02:38 PM
    Battery pull seemed to correct my issue.

Do have another question. How come when you do update say every 30 minutes the "Observed " time still may be from over an hour earlier? My home location says updated 14 minutes ago but also says observed at 1:55 pm. It is now 3:25pm.
    It's because it has to rely on your local weather stations. So if that station doesn't report conditions for a while, BerryWeather can only grab whatever the last update was.
    04-15-09 02:39 PM
    It's because it has to rely on your local weather stations. So if that station doesn't report conditions for a while, BerryWeather can only grab whatever the last update was.
    Thanks for the info.
    04-15-09 02:54 PM
    I had that problem too. Easiest way around it is to go into your pictures from the media app, and copy the pic from the sd card onto your actual phone, and then go back into berryweather and select it from there. pics are the same size as the regular wallpapers for the storm. just remember in landscape view, you're going to see dark bars on the side.
    Thanks alot for the tips on this......works like a charm!
    04-15-09 03:24 PM
    I noticed something else. When i reset the phone, the background image changes. Anyone else?
    04-15-09 03:37 PM
    just made the switch with the discount code and im happy i did...my memory is now above 34 all the time instead of the freaking 24 it had been while running weatherbug......
    04-15-09 04:09 PM
    I would definitely buy the full version of BerryWeather if they added WeatherBug like radar views and GPS location ability to the app.
    04-15-09 05:13 PM
    is this the same as the one i see people mention 'BBWeather'? or is that a different one? ive been wondering this forever and want an alternative to weatherbug.
    04-15-09 05:20 PM
    is this the same as the one i see people mention 'BBWeather'? or is that a different one? ive been wondering this forever and want an alternative to weatherbug.
    Nope different app.
    04-15-09 06:08 PM
    I would definitely buy the full version of BerryWeather if they added WeatherBug like radar views and GPS location ability to the app.
    I emailed the developer yesterday and they said radar would be in their next update. No clue on when that will be tho.
    Last edited by Rockee; 04-15-09 at 06:11 PM. Reason: asdfadsfads
    04-15-09 06:11 PM
    I emailed the developer yesterday and they said radar would be in their next update. No clue on when that will be tho.
    Awesome! 1 requested item down, 1 to go...
    04-15-09 06:29 PM
    has any1 get BerryWeather & BerryBuzz working together? Thanks ANderl
    04-16-09 03:43 AM
    I noticed something else. When i reset the phone, the background image changes. Anyone else?
    yeah. Same here. Kinda annoying.

04-16-09 03:56 AM
    Anyone having issues with BerryWeather updating? My temp is from 8:55am this morning. I went into the menu to do a manual update and it just hangs in the "updating..." mode.

Battery pull time!
    I'm now having the same problem. Tried battery pull, no luck. Has anyone found an answer to the hanging in "updating" mode?

EDIT: Nevermind...I deleted my location and re-added it. For awhile though it didn't even recognize the location and it took 10 minutes before I could re-add it, so probably there was a data problem on their end. Working fine now.
    Last edited by leo1055; 04-17-09 at 08:28 AM. Reason: fixed
    04-17-09 07:56 AM
    has any1 get BerryWeather & BerryBuzz working together? Thanks ANderl
    i have its great app as well.
    04-18-09 04:16 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD