04-10-10 08:40 PM
130 12345 ...
tools
    Maybe bump the forecast up to one hour. It will help with battery life with updates...

As others have mentioned to me, forecast are normally updated once every hour...
    02-04-10 11:16 AM
    I've tried unistalling and then a reset. then reinstalling and reset and have checked all my transport setting. and all I get is it loads 12kb? and loads to a grey screen with a "you are here" pin and my city and sate at the top. this is pretty frustraiting
    02-04-10 11:21 AM

I've tried unistalling and then a reset. then reinstalling and reset and have checked all my transport setting. and all I get is it loads 12kb? and loads to a grey screen with a "you are here" pin and my city and sate at the top. this is pretty frustraiting
    I think I remember your issue,,,,,,and if it was happening to my phone I would do as suggested once more ,and I know it can get frustrating as well , you have purchased it I assume already, so dont wana waste money already spent on it yet.

I would uninstall ( I know again) do a battery pull, clean browser cashe even after reboot, then try reinstalling it once more and see what happens .
    02-04-10 11:31 AM
    I have a 1. version. Then upgraded OS to 5. The upgraded BW to 2.0 version ($4) and after I downloaded it I uninstalled the 1. version. It ran fine. Then I found out about the new one, went to Bellsouth's site and dl that one. Worked fine until I went to add a city, then gave to "unhandled exception error 3>=2" when I open it sometimes. And the second city his a blank screen. It updates the temps though. Any thoughts? I emailed Mobihand and Belsouth about it.
    02-04-10 11:33 AM
    I have a 1. version. Then upgraded OS to 5. The upgraded BW to 2.0 version ($4) and after I downloaded it I uninstalled the 1. version. It ran fine. Then I found out about the new one, went to Bellsouth's site and dl that one. Worked fine until I went to add a city, then gave to "unhandled exception error 3>=2" when I open it sometimes. And the second city his a blank screen. It updates the temps though. Any thoughts? I emailed Mobihand and Belsouth about it.
    I read in another thread of someone having that issue as well and they posted back saying they uninstalled and reinstalled and it fixed it as well, I would still go the extra mile tho if it happened to me and clean browser cashe and do a battery pull before I reinstalled as well
    02-04-10 11:38 AM
    Maybe bump the forecast up to one hour. It will help with battery life with updates...

As others have mentioned to me, forecast are normally updated once every hour...
    Correct, I have mine set to update once an hour...
    02-04-10 11:43 AM
    I think I remember your issue,,,,,,and if it was happening to my phone I would do as suggested once more ,and I know it can get frustrating as well , you have purchased it I assume already, so dont wana waste money already spent on it yet.

I would uninstall ( I know again) do a battery pull, clean browser cashe even after reboot, then try reinstalling it once more and see what happens .
    How do I fully delete this app? because I have notice that when i do delete it it still saves my permissions and ID number etc etc..I'd like to just wipe it off totally and then do what you are suggesting.
    02-04-10 11:50 AM
    After a battery pull, does anyone have to manually update? This only happens with a battery pull. When the device is powered on in the morning, the app immediately updates.
    02-04-10 11:52 AM
    After a battery pull, does anyone have to manually update? This only happens with a battery pull. When the device is powered on in the morning, the app immediately updates.
    Do you have yours set to "Load on Startup" ??
    02-04-10 12:02 PM

No go Sir. Thank you for your help though. If you have anymore suggestions please let me know
    02-04-10 12:43 PM
    How do I fully delete this app? because I have notice that when i do delete it it still saves my permissions and ID number etc etc..I'd like to just wipe it off totally and then do what you are suggesting.
    Thats really all you would need to do , I know what you are saying about it remembering you code ID number and I dont think you need to do a total wipe of your OS ,

I would go to options>Advanced Options> Applications,then find BerryWeather in the list , and delete it if it ask to reboot let it reboot, upon letting it reboot I would go and open my browser from the browser >push Blackberry menu button(7 dots on it) then scroll down to options>scroll to Cashe Options>and click on the Clear history>Content Cashe>it asks you with a pop up box if you want to clear , clear it then clear Cookie Cashe and then close it out and it shows it clearing memory, then just close it out. The next is just the "extra mile" I would do just to make "sure " I would pull battery and leave out for at least 30 seconds.

Then go to Bellshare - BerryWeather from your blackberry browser and reinstall the version for your OS and you still won't have to reenter the code I don't think but it should fix it , add your location and test and post back how it works it should be good to go on the built in radar.Then you can add what other custom radars and stuff you want as well after you test built in radar by itself

No go Sir. Thank you for your help though. If you have anymore suggestions please let me know
    aww i just saw your last post saying that
    Last edited by DavidNC; 02-04-10 at 12:57 PM.
    02-04-10 12:51 PM
    I read in another thread of someone having that issue as well and they posted back saying they uninstalled and reinstalled and it fixed it as well, I would still go the extra mile tho if it happened to me and clean browser cashe and do a battery pull before I reinstalled as well
    I deleted the city that started the problem and it worked great. Battery pull followed by readding that city and another and it's fine like it was at first. Maybe it hated the weather in Chicago?
    02-04-10 01:12 PM
    Just downloaded the new version to my storm2 and it won't update the homescreen icon. I can only see the umbrella. Probably just missing one setting...

Any suggestions?
    Bumping this up again...
    02-04-10 01:30 PM
    I replied to you before. Have you checked all your setting for updates?

If it still is not working, make sure you un install the old app before installing new version?

Try a new install of the app and see how it works.
    02-04-10 01:32 PM
    Thank you very much Mookish!
    02-04-10 01:37 PM
    I got in the the beta version. Am I the only one that seemed to have morememory leak after the beta than before? I thought that was one of the main things the upgrade did.
    02-04-10 01:39 PM
    Bumping this up again...
    Did you try a battery pull after the install?
    02-04-10 01:41 PM
    Thats really all you would need to do , I know what you are saying about it remembering you code ID number and I dont think you need to do a total wipe of your OS ,

I would go to options>Advanced Options> Applications,then find BerryWeather in the list , and delete it if it ask to reboot let it reboot, upon letting it reboot I would go and open my browser from the browser >push Blackberry menu button(7 dots on it) then scroll down to options>scroll to Cashe Options>and click on the Clear history>Content Cashe>it asks you with a pop up box if you want to clear , clear it then clear Cookie Cashe and then close it out and it shows it clearing memory, then just close it out. The next is just the "extra mile" I would do just to make "sure " I would pull battery and leave out for at least 30 seconds.

Then go to Bellshare - BerryWeather from your blackberry browser and reinstall the version for your OS and you still won't have to reenter the code I don't think but it should fix it , add your location and test and post back how it works it should be good to go on the built in radar.Then you can add what other custom radars and stuff you want as well after you test built in radar by itself

aww i just saw your last post saying that
    haha its okay thanks for all your help though..I've emailed bellshare last two weeks ago and still no reply so I dunno maybe its just me...
    02-04-10 01:45 PM
    I replied to you before. Have you checked all your setting for updates?

If it still is not working, make sure you un install the old app before installing new version?

Try a new install of the app and see how it works.
    Sorry, man. Didn't know it was directed towards me. Anyway, I looked for updates but only saw the "how often do you want to update the app" I selected every hour. Is that the update you were referring to?

I tried the uninstall and reinstall...same problem.
    02-04-10 02:57 PM
    Hmm ok first time since the official update that I have had conditions that warrent an advisory, even though the "only notify home location" box is not checked I get no alert on my home screen for my current location(wich puts me 2 towns over). And not sure if this is a change or just not working for me, but I thought there used to be an option that after you viewed an advisory and went back to the home screen there would still be a greyed out triangle on the bw icon till the advisory expired

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 09:56 PM
    I upgraded from version 2.0 to 2.1.40 and the memory leak I was getting is now gone. I was loosing about .3mb in 24 hours. Now after 3 days app memory has stayed solid at 127.9mb. Seems to be a better software build to me. Thanks Bellshare!
    02-04-10 11:34 PM
    I thought there used to be an option that after you viewed an advisory and went back to the home screen there would still be a greyed out triangle on the bw icon till the advisory expired
    It's funny because I think I've heard this comment elsewhere ... But - to the best of my knowledge there's never been that option.

If you get an advisory for a location set as home and opted to show the advisory badge on the homescreen icon, you would get a small red bordered triangle on the home screen icon. Opening the UI you would see a red banner on the location, and once you read the advistory the banner would be replaced by a small red bordered triangle on the location screen and the triangle would completely disappear from the homescreen icon. All versions of BerryWeather that I have ever run (and this includes beta code) since advisories were first introduced have worked this way on all of the 3 different Blackberries I ran BerryWeather on. I've never seen a greyed out triangle on my homescreen icon.
    02-05-10 12:18 AM
    And not sure if this is a change or just not working for me, but I thought there used to be an option that after you viewed an advisory and went back to the home screen there would still be a greyed out triangle on the bw icon till the advisory expired.
    This feature is no longer available. Here's a reminder for you.

You asked about this on page 5 of this thread...

www.bellshare.com • View topic - Public Beta: BerryWeather 2.1

"i think there used to be an option to check that said something like "hide alert notification once viewed" if that was checked it would disappear, if you left it un checked you would get the grey after reading it. the grey would then disappear when the warning expiried"

Then the developer answered you on page 7 of the same thread...

www.bellshare.com • View topic - Public Beta: BerryWeather 2.1

"I will try to clear the advisory thing up

In previous versions there was an option to 'Hide advisory badge when advisory seen'. If this option was not checked you would get a small gray triangle to remind you that there are still active advisories.

We do understand the benefit of the old behaviour, unfortunately we have seen too many complaints about how confusing the whole advisory system was.

This is why we have completely reworked the advisory notification system trying to follow the BlackBerry user interface guidelines and common practices.

A notification badge (usually a red star) on the homescreen icon is shown to indicate there is an unread message. As soon as the message has been read users expect this badge to completely disappear."

Hope this helps.
    02-05-10 02:38 AM
    I have bold 9700 running OS .442 and i have just updated my berryweaher to 2.1.40
    for some reason i cannot have my weather update through nither BIS-B nor Direct TCP
    i tried to change all permissions to allow but it didnt work either !!!??
    i can only update through wifi !!!

i really wish if i can solve this issue coz i have just purchased berry weather 2 weeks ago
    02-05-10 05:35 AM
    Madbrandynyc, you're right sorry. Trying to follow all the threads on bb. My computer is fried. I hadn't seen the official answer, just some people saying yes and no. Ill make sure I look harder

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 06:09 AM
130 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD