04-10-10 08:40 PM
130 1234 ...
tools
    Bingo, that was it, it's fixed (I think..it's nighttime here now as well, lol, but I'm sure that was it). I love this place, thanks for the help!

I think it is dependent upon your Theme setting, under Display Settings. Widgets Day&Night is probably what you had before.
    02-03-10 07:38 PM
    anyone getting the 'uncaught exception' error with this update? I get it about every other time I try to open the app
    02-03-10 07:40 PM
    I have not gotten any errors. Seems to run perfect!
    02-03-10 07:42 PM
    I apologize if this was answered already. I did my best to search for the answer before posting.

If I buy BerryWeather for my 8330 Curve, will I be able to use my code to install it on my Tour2 when I get it?

Thanks.
    02-03-10 07:44 PM
    maybe I need to re-install. The error reads 'Uncaught exception: Index 3 >=2'.

Will delete it and reload and see if that clears it.
    02-03-10 07:45 PM
    I have not gotten any errors. Seems to run perfect!
    Same here, much better than 2.0
    02-03-10 07:49 PM
    I apologize if this was answered already. I did my best to search for the answer before posting.

If I buy BerryWeather for my 8330 Curve, will I be able to use my code to install it on my Tour2 when I get it?

Thanks.
    yes, just switch your device in your account
    02-03-10 08:11 PM
    maybe I need to re-install. The error reads 'Uncaught exception: Index 3 >=2'.

Will delete it and reload and see if that clears it.
    I got the "Uncaught exception" error...battery pull fixed it.
    02-03-10 09:51 PM
    Any reason to install this version if you're already running the public beta of this one? Oh well...downloading anyway I guess.
    02-03-10 10:14 PM
    Any reason to install this version if you're already running the public beta of this one? Oh well...downloading anyway I guess.
    It would be advisable. From time to time beta code may have debug routines built in to make troubleshooting more effective for program developers and this is usually removed when the code is released.

It's also not uncommon to have time limits built into beta code where they will run long enough to complete the planned test but will disable at some point in time.

This is not a comment specific to Bellshare products - just a relatively common practice among software developers and a good reason to update to release code whenever you have been running beta code.
    02-04-10 12:11 AM
    there's no 'shutdown application' option on it..i would prefer shut it down rather than running it on the background..
    02-04-10 01:59 AM
    Is there a way to download it without using app world
    02-04-10 02:00 AM
    Is there a way to download it without using app world
    Yes from here

Bellshare - BerryWeather <------ if from your blackberry browser and you can download it without going to app world
    Last edited by DavidNC; 02-04-10 at 06:51 AM. Reason: typo
    02-04-10 04:43 AM
    there's no 'shutdown application' option on it..i would prefer shut it down rather than running it on the background..
    you shut it down by pressing your back button immediately to the right of your trackball, instead of the red phone button, which still leaves it running in the background. If you open BW, press your back button, then use your application switcher (ALT + back button) and you will see the BW is not running.
    02-04-10 06:49 AM
    +1
    This is a deal breaker for me, I downgraded already. I like to use app when I want it, not all the time. You shouldn't have to reboot to shut it off. I'm sure they'll fix it soon, I'll wait.
    02-04-10 07:18 AM
    you shut it down by pressing your back button immediately to the right of your trackball, instead of the red phone button, which still leaves it running in the background. If you open BW, press your back button, then use your application switcher (ALT + back button) and you will see the BW is not running.
    So it's just using last reading as the icon? I could live with that.
    02-04-10 07:20 AM
    So it's just using last reading as the icon? I could live with that.
    Correct if you have updates turned to "never" and back out of the app the correct way. It will not run updates.

You will see that it will hold the last known icon and temp, etc. till you ask it to run again... To test back in the day I ran the app on my device for 24 hrs and my icon was still the same and temp was the same from the last time it ran. also in side the app it said last updated 24hr. Then I forced and update. it it ran. But then would not run till it is asked to......
    02-04-10 07:26 AM
    You shouldn't have to reboot to shut it off.
    And you don't have to. All you have to do is set BerryWeather's update schedule to "Never" and exit the application by using it's Menu "Close" function or by hitting the Escape key.

It will remember the last data it had (as Yester18 points out) but will never update again unless you do it manually. Closing the User Interface will unload and remove everything from memory except for the last data it had to display. There is one timer left running (similar to how your Blackberry has other timers that always run) but setting the update schedule to "Never" means the timer never does anything but wait.
    Last edited by JR956678; 02-04-10 at 08:59 AM.
    02-04-10 08:48 AM
    Built In Radar Maps...after upgradeing strat from beta to this new release I still can not get built in radar maps to work. I can get custom maps no problem...but its really irking me that the built in one isnt working. Can anyone help with this?
    02-04-10 09:30 AM
    Just downloaded the new version to my storm2 and it won't update the homescreen icon. I can only see the umbrella. Probably just missing one setting...

Any suggestions?
    02-04-10 09:42 AM
    deleted and reloaded the updated version and running smooth now - not sure what the error was all about
    02-04-10 09:44 AM
    Built In Radar Maps...after upgradeing strat from beta to this new release I still can not get built in radar maps to work. I can get custom maps no problem...but its really irking me that the built in one isnt working. Can anyone help with this?
    There's no "known" issue with built-in radar maps - (they work for me and there's been no reports of others other than a random event). You might try changing the data method (e.g. try Direct TCP if you're using BIS-B or BIS-B if you're using Direct TCP).

You also might try uninstalling and reinstalling - there is no change in the code between the beta version you were running and the release version you're now running - but it is possible that something could have gotten corrupted in the update.

You also might just wait a bit and see if they start working for you. The quality of your connection can make a difference in this; while the process for loading the built-in map is identical to the one used to load a custom map, the source isn't the same and your path to the source depends on where you are and how you connect for updates. It can change.
    02-04-10 10:35 AM
    Thanks for your help. But its just not working for me..lol I dont know what I am doing wrong. all I get is a grey screen with my city and state at the top of the page.
    02-04-10 11:10 AM
    try a reset or battery pull or re install app. Should be good to go. Sounds like a bad app load on your Storm

Just downloaded the new version to my storm2 and it won't update the homescreen icon. I can only see the umbrella. Probably just missing one setting...

Any suggestions?
    Try checking settings for update settings.
    02-04-10 11:13 AM
    After an initial hiccup, BW 2 has been updated and is working as wonderfully as the beta had been for me Thanks BW creators!
    I use 5 locations set to update every 30 minutes and advisories every hour (although no notifications on advisories. I got tired of those), and there is no longer any SMS lag whatsoever anymore. It's great!
    02-04-10 11:14 AM
130 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD