Your BB will explode in 10 seconds!!!

No seriously. If you mean to set up a widget for cell location, then it will create a variable weather widget set on $lon/$lat, that will follow you around wherever you go, and provide that variable weather information as a GPS/CELL location. Using cell location normally always works, because it works where you can get a voice signal, and is a GENERAL lock on your device. But, it will not be as accurate as setting it to GPS in your options settings.

Hope this helps.
    Hahaha! I just was curious because I mines doesn't seem to change where ever I go. maybe BW just doesn't like me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 12:48 PM
    Hahaha! I just was curious because I mines doesn't seem to change where ever I go. maybe BW just doesn't like me.

Maybe it is, and you just haven't noticed. That happens to me as well, I may travel 5-10 miles, and see that the conditions have not changed, but if I look a little closer, I noticed that the weather reporting station DID change. I would love to assist you in getting this set up, but I would need more information regarding your options in settings, and how your weather widgets are set up.
    02-06-10 12:54 PM
    Maybe it is, and you just haven't noticed. That happens to me as well, I may travel 5-10 miles, and see that the conditions have not changed, but if I look a little closer, I noticed that the weather reporting station DID change. I would love to assist you in getting this set up, but I would need more information regarding your options in settings, and how your weather widgets are set up.
    I would appreciate your help . What's your email? I will send you my PIN if that's ok? I will be going to Jacksonville,nc in an few and I'll make sure to check if the weather stations change.

02-06-10 01:01 PM
    I would appreciate your help . What's your email? I will send you my PIN if that's ok? I will be going to Jacksonville,nc in an few and I'll make sure to check if the weather stations change.

PM sent...
    02-06-10 01:13 PM

Islandgal, moving around town won't show much in the way of changes unless the town you live in has radically different weather from one side of town to another (even in NC, that's not really the case, lol). Also, using the GPS location may not show anything different as the GPS location is still going to poll the closest weather station which in many areas, may the same as if you used just your zip code!

Now, if you were using GPS and drove from Jacksonville to Asheville, THEN you'd see a change! I miss NC...
    02-06-10 01:23 PM
    this is really wierd .. my Berryweather only update through 3G network !!
    but it wont update on 2G !!!

it seems that Berryweather connect to internet different than other apps !!??
    02-07-10 01:06 AM
    I can confirm that after a battery pull (which is a start up). that BW does update on the 9700. Maybe you are reffering to the "smart" time delay that has been implemented which "senses" when other applications are finished with their start up process, and then updates. Is it possible that you have not waited for a long enough period of time to see the results? This normally happens approximately 1 minute after the last of any other programs updates before BW kicks in.

Other than that, youy may have to re-check your settings.

Hope this help.
    I stand corrected. After approximately 1 minute, the app does launch. However, when the device is started up in the morning, the app launch is far more rapid. I brought this up because the app launch in the prior version did not have enough of a timing difference that was this noticeable.
    02-07-10 07:50 AM
    I stand corrected. After approximately 1 minute, the app does launch. However, when the device is started up in the morning, the app launch is far more rapid. I brought this up because the app launch in the prior version did not have enough of a timing difference that was this noticeable.
    I am glad to hear that you now see how the start-up process is working for this release. This "smart" technology for the start-up delay was implemented because users were having numerous instances of update failures. This was not due to BW malfunctioning, but due to other applications that access the data stream during the start-up process at the same exact time. Not sure if this has affected you and your device, but you may notice that as the BB starts up, there is a "freezing", or "lag" of the trackpads response during this time. People were under the impression that BW was the cause of this "lag", so this was a way to isolate the BW functions, so BW would no longer be blamed for this so-called "lag".

This feature takes some time to get used to, after using the previous versions. But, we have found that this new feature actually assists users in a beneficial way, because when the weather conditions finally due appear, You now that your BB has finished all of the loading processes, and the unit is ready for use. It also proves that when people jump on the "lag" bandwagon, we know definitively that this is NOT true.

As, I stated before, I cannot comment on Bellshares way of doing business with the customers, and I wouldn't feel comfortable doing so, since I am not a direct employee.
    02-07-10 08:42 AM
    this is really wierd .. my Berryweather only update through 3G network !!
    but it wont update on 2G !!!

it seems that Berryweather connect to internet different than other apps !!??
    I don't believe that BerryWeather connects any differently than other apps that also use a Blackberry data connection. It can use BIS, Direct TCP, or WiFi connections to do its updates and I have successfully used it on both 2G and 3G connections with all 3 connection options. 3G is faster, but 2G works equally well. There may be something odd in your specific area about how 2G works compared to 3G.

If you are only running a Current Location and depending on Cell Tower data for a location this could be a problem because 2G and 3G may use different towers and your 2G tower might not be in the tower database. Have you tried a fixed (city or zip-code) location or GPS for location determination?
    02-07-10 09:07 AM
    I don't believe that BerryWeather connects any differently than other apps that also use a Blackberry data connection. It can use BIS, Direct TCP, or WiFi connections to do its updates and I have successfully used it on both 2G and 3G connections with all 3 connection options. 3G is faster, but 2G works equally well. There may be something odd in your specific area about how 2G works compared to 3G.

If you are only running a Current Location and depending on Cell Tower data for a location this could be a problem because 2G and 3G may use different towers and your 2G tower might not be in the tower database. Have you tried a fixed (city or zip-code) location or GPS for location determination?
    Yupe I did and it didn't work either ... I have solved the issue by using 3G network all the time
    I find it wired because I didn't face any program with other apps while using the 2G network

I hope that they can figure out what causes the problem coz I really like Berryweather and I think its the best weather app I have ever used on all my previous mobile phone regardless their different OS

02-09-10 06:50 AM
    The "load at start up" option is no longer needed because it automatically loads at start up already unless you set the updates to "Never", in which case you have to manually update within the program at your own convenience.
    I wish I had taken the time to come on here & read since last week when I "upgraded" BWeather. Last nite during a HUGE snowstorm - I noticed I was getting App Mem drops of .5MB per 5min or less, with nothing else running. I noticed even after a batt. pull, BW was auto starting, which I didn't want it to do. I went into BW Permissions & changed them all to DENY, which started a cascade of errors - which I ignored/gave up on & went to bed. BAD MOVE.

All of my d/l'd Themes were wiped & icon selections of main screen/hidden, etc. were wiped too. I'm super-pissed. Oh yeah, it f**ked up the alarm too, so I woke up late.

I didn't check the option to "start upon device boot" upon installation - but it started doing it sometime yesterday automatically.

Excuse me while I go post on how to recover the Themes that show in my Application List, but won't allow me to use them...
    02-10-10 10:49 AM
    for some reason my home berryweather wallpaper keeps resetting to default
    02-11-10 08:59 AM
    how do you put the current temp on the homescreen with out messing up your current background?
    02-17-10 07:00 PM
    how do you put the current temp on the homescreen with out messing up your current background?
    Got to berryweather settings> Homescreen/Notification Icon> check show Temperature Icon in Notification Area, or your theme may have a weather slot
    Last edited by hitman52; 02-17-10 at 07:20 PM.
    02-17-10 07:04 PM
    LOL....that would depend entirely on what your wallpaper looks like or, what theme you're using. My theme, AppleBerry, has a dock in the upper left designed specifically for WeatherBerry. It's small and unobtrusive. My wallpaper choices are chosen specifically with the idea in mind of what theme I have so that it will compliment it (i.e., in this case, I have it set to appear in the upper left corner where there is little detail on my wallpaper).
    02-17-10 07:06 PM
    thank you very much! im sorry if this wasnt in the correct spot!
    02-17-10 08:38 PM
    Is anyone else missing the Notification Icon option since upgrading to this latest version? It was one of my favorite features before and now it's not in version 2.1.40 for me now
    02-18-10 02:52 AM
    Is anyone else missing the Notification Icon option since upgrading to this latest version? It was one of my favorite features before and now it's not in version 2.1.40 for me now
    The option is in 2.1.40 but only in certain builds for OS versions that support it (builds for OS 4.6 and newer). You may not have the right build installed if you're missing the option.
    Last edited by JR956678; 02-18-10 at 09:37 AM.
    02-18-10 09:29 AM
    don't what's going on with my berryweather - shows conditions but temp is off like 20 degrees from actual. reinstalled, battery pull everything i could think of. usually run on gps - cell backup, running the same - added location with zip code, the same

any ideas anyone? would be appreciated - thanks k
    04-06-10 10:00 AM
    don't what's going on with my berryweather - shows conditions but temp is off like 20 degrees from actual. reinstalled, battery pull everything i could think of. usually run on gps - cell backup, running the same - added location with zip code, the same

any ideas anyone? would be appreciated - thanks k
    just a suggestion but did u chage the weather station that u are using ...

hit menu then nearby weather stations ... try another one to see if it is better
    04-06-10 10:08 AM
    go here and update to bw 2.2.01

Bellshare - BerryWeather
    04-06-10 10:09 AM
    Hhmm glad I didn't bother to buy BerryWeather I just use the free version works great for me.
    04-06-10 12:58 PM
    I've read through this whole thread and haven't found my problem yet.

Whenever I select 'Enable BW Homescreen Wallpaper' I get the icon and such on my homescreen but the background is black. Any ideas?
    04-10-10 10:56 AM

Whenever I select 'Enable BW Homescreen Wallpaper' I get the icon and such on my homescreen but the background is black. Any ideas?
    spend less time on the forum and more time in the BW settings ... within BW settings u have to pick your wallpaper ...
    04-10-10 11:18 AM

In BerryWeather, go to settings>Homescreen Wallpaper>Scroll down to Background Image and click on Select Image>Continue to Click until you see SD Card icon (hopefully your wallpaper images are on a SD card)>Click on Icon that says Blackberry>Click on Pictures icon>Choose a wallpaper>then backout and hit save.
    04-10-10 11:18 AM
130 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD