i can only update through wifi !!!
    This may seem a stupid question but do you have a Blackberry Data Plan on your device? One is needed for BIS-B to work and I also believe for Direct TCP to work.
    02-05-10 11:58 AM
    My question is: What specifically do I get for buying a full version instead of the BeWeather Free I have right now?

I'm pretty sure it updates every 15 minutes instead of every hour, which is cool, but not a huge deal.

Also, I recall trying the full version once and getting radar maps, but they seemed kinda slow and lacked detail. Do people use the radar maps, and do you find them to be useful and quick-loading?

I see this is all the way back up to $9.99 again (after being on sale for a little bit), so I guess I'm just searching for a reason to spend that. Thanks!

BlackBerry App World - BeWeather
    02-05-10 12:14 PM
    Still having issues with weather stations in my area not being correct. Right now we are having heavy rain and again all it says is "Overcast"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 12:16 PM
    Would love this app here in UK

02-05-10 12:56 PM
    Sorry, man. Didn't know it was directed towards me. Anyway, I looked for updates but only saw the "how often do you want to update the app" I selected every hour. Is that the update you were referring to?

I tried the uninstall and reinstall...same problem.
    As I recall, this is an OS issue with the version shipped on VZ Storm 2s (.330 I believe?). You'd need to upgrade the OS to get correct functionality I believe.
    02-05-10 01:56 PM
    Actually, that's not correct. I have an S2, running the shipping O/S .320 on Verizon (last available official) and my BerryWeather works perfectly. I can set my update rate (I use 1 hr.) and all other features are available to me. I have no clue why some are experiencing difficulty, but it's not the O/S.

As I recall, this is an OS issue with the version shipped on VZ Storm 2s (.330 I believe?). You'd need to upgrade the OS to get correct functionality I believe.
    02-05-10 03:59 PM
    Does BerryWeather have an agreement to get their updates from WeatherUnderground? WeatherGUnderground is very inaccurate. Whenever it snows in MD, it always says it's overcast. Like right now, there's incredible amounts of snow everywhere in MD and it says it's overcast...
    Last edited by redwanhuq; 02-05-10 at 09:51 PM.
    02-05-10 07:08 PM
    Do you have yours set to "Load on Startup" ??
    I have been through every screen in the Settings module and do not see this feature anymore. Am I missing something?
    02-05-10 07:18 PM
    Does BerryWeather have an agreement to get their updates from Accuweather? Accuweather is (ironically) very inaccurate. Whenever it snows in MD, it always says it's overcast. Like right now, there's incredible amounts of snow everywhere in MD and it says it's overcast...
    The accuracy is only as good as the reporting source. Try changing the reporting station.
    02-05-10 07:19 PM
    Does BerryWeather have an agreement to get their updates from Accuweather? Accuweather is (ironically) very inaccurate. Whenever it snows in MD, it always says it's overcast. Like right now, there's incredible amounts of snow everywhere in MD and it says it's overcast...
    berryweather doesnt pull its info from accuweather. it pull it from weather underground which is very accurate
    02-05-10 08:32 PM
    I want to know why all the weather stations near my home is inaccurate and I have to pick a weather station 18 miles away?

02-05-10 08:45 PM
    You have my permission to give me a slap up along side the head, I am SO sorry! I have NO idea where I came up with this from, I may have just installed another app on my phone that did have that option. I too just went through every single possibility on my phone, three times, and yep, it's not there....DANG...well, it SHOULD be there!!!

Again, my apologies.

I have been through every screen in the Settings module and do not see this feature anymore. Am I missing something?
    02-05-10 08:45 PM
    I believe that the option was there in version 2.0.65

02-05-10 09:13 PM
    I want to know why all the weather stations near my home is inaccurate and I have to pick a weather station 18 miles away?

This is because the one that is 18 miles away is the most accurate one according to what you perceive. That is why it is good to have choices.
    02-05-10 09:16 PM
    I believe that the option was there in version 2.0.65
    The "load at start up" option is no longer needed because it automatically loads at start up already unless you set the updates to "Never", in which case you have to manually update within the program at your own convenience.
    02-05-10 09:20 PM
    The app does start automatically just not with a "battery pull". After a battery pull, only the "umbrella" icon appears. I have to actually open the app to manually update. My update refresh is set to update every 15 minutes.
    02-05-10 09:31 PM
    berryweather doesnt pull its info from accuweather. it pull it from weather underground which is very accurate
    Accurate?? It says it's not snowing in MD. And it hasn't reported the correct weather ALL DAY...
    02-05-10 09:52 PM
    The app does start automatically just not with a "battery pull". After a battery pull, only the "umbrella" icon appears. I have to actually open the app to manually update. My update refresh is set to update every 15 minutes.
    I can confirm that after a battery pull (which is a start up). that BW does update on the 9700. Maybe you are reffering to the "smart" time delay that has been implemented which "senses" when other applications are finished with their start up process, and then updates. Is it possible that you have not waited for a long enough period of time to see the results? This normally happens approximately 1 minute after the last of any other programs updates before BW kicks in.

Other than that, youy may have to re-check your settings.

Hope this help.
    02-05-10 09:54 PM
    Accurate?? It says it's not snowing in MD. And it hasn't reported the correct weather ALL DAY...
    I think youy may need to take the advice provided and check your weather reporting station. It may be a station that updates very infrequently. I have no idea in which part of Maryland that you are referring to, but I just checked Baltimore, MD, and it clearly shows "Heavily Snowing".

EDIT: Weather station reporting is the Baltimore Sun
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 02-05-10 at 10:01 PM. Reason: weather station added.
    02-05-10 09:58 PM
    This may seem a stupid question but do you have a Blackberry Data Plan on your device? One is needed for BIS-B to work and I also believe for Direct TCP to work.
    yupe .. i do have a Blackberry Data Plan and i have got my BB messenger, facebook, worldmate and all other applicaions working and updating without a problem !!
    02-06-10 12:37 AM
    Everytime I update it says �failed�. Did battery pills and re-install. Anyone else not updating? Its been goin on all day.

02-06-10 12:52 AM
    This is because the one that is 18 miles away is the most accurate one according to what you perceive. That is why it is good to have choices.
    Yes its good to have choices, but then why have 4 weather stations with less 4 miles from me are useless.

02-06-10 05:23 AM
    Yes its good to have choices, but then why have 4 weather stations with less 4 miles from me are useless.

Not too sure what you mean by this? BW only reports the weather conditions that these weather stations provide. BW has no control of what weather stations are in your area, where they are located, or what information that they may provide. BW just provides the choice of selecting which one you want to "hear" from. That's all. Which is a good thing. You will not have that choice watching your local television news.

I guess it depends on what is more important to you... A weather station that is near you which provides innacurate data in your opinion, or a weather station 18 miles away that provides accurate data. In my opinion, I don't care where the station is actually located, as long as the information provided to me is consistent with the weather conditions that I perceive are accurate.

I guess you could send feedback emails to the wunderground.com weather site and ask why the stations closer to your area have inaccurate data if you choose to do so, but this cannot be blamed on BW.

Hope this helps.
    02-06-10 05:41 AM
    I have a question what happens if you set a "cell location"?

02-06-10 11:20 AM
    I have a question what happens if you set a "cell location"?

Your BB will explode in 10 seconds!!!

No seriously. If you mean to set up a widget for cell location, then it will create a variable weather widget set on $lon/$lat, that will follow you around wherever you go, and provide that variable weather information as a GPS/CELL location. Using cell location normally always works, because it works where you can get a voice signal, and is a GENERAL lock on your device. But, it will not be as accurate as setting it to GPS in your options settings.

Hope this helps.
    02-06-10 11:35 AM
130 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD