Just got the email notification from Crackberry to update!
    Downloading now!

EDIT: Proper Install = The advisable way to upgrade if you have berryWeather 2.0.x installed is to uninstall that and then install 2.1.40. If you are already running 2.1.36 you can install 2.1.40 over it. If you uninstall you may need to enter your key again.

THANKS "Kostnkost"

Some of the changes:

- Complete rework of the core. BerryWeather will now fully close when sent to background. The homescreen wallpaper and icon will keep updating.
    - Using new server protocol to improve update speeds and minimize CPU load
    - Changed forecast/advisory update settings. New option 'With Forecasts' for advisory will update advisories whenever forecasts are updated, 'Never' will never update advisories
    - Added data+settings backup to memory card
    - Added support for setting the icon size on homescreen wallpaper
    - Added support for blacking out the settings screen (on by default)
    - Added support for selecting whether to show radar/webcam links in internal viewer or browser (allows adding mp3/video/html links)
    - Improved overall performance and memory consumption
    - Fixed lag on image browser for background image selection
    - Fixed lag issues on BlackBerry 9630 Tour smartphone (and other devices)
    - Fixed several potential memory leaks
    - Fixed errors on first time built-in map loading
    - Version 2.1 is using a new storage format. This means all data will be lost.
    - We strongly recommend uninstalling any previous version before installing version 2.1
    Last edited by YaBoiD; 02-03-10 at 03:39 PM.
    02-03-10 12:46 PM
    Yes i just received the email also.I just updated!!!I tried setting my icon size but it still looks the same.What am i doing wrong!!!
    Last edited by haymond; 02-03-10 at 12:55 PM.
    02-03-10 12:51 PM
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Haha I had it for a few days now BW 2.1.4
    I've been running the beta version which has been running pretty smoothly for a few weeks but I'm glad they released the official update.
    02-03-10 12:59 PM
    Yes i just received the email also.I just updated!!!I tried setting my icon size but it still looks the same.What am i doing wrong!!!
    are you using the homescreen wallpaper option? ive been able to change the size there only, i did also try the same with out the hs option and no change (didnt think it would work this way but i did try anyway)
    02-03-10 01:15 PM
    Does this also update BerryWeather Free?
    02-03-10 01:19 PM
    See if you guys still get some mem leaks. 6am-11am mem dropped from 31 to 15 :T

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 01:50 PM
    I doubt it...
    02-03-10 01:50 PM
    Would love a BerryWeather Free update with just the ability to fully close the app when sent to the background. Anyone? Anyone?
    02-03-10 01:57 PM
    i strongly recommend unistalling previous version before updating, i didnt and i was having all kinds of problems like not updating homescreen and not adding gps locations but after removing and installing fresh works like a charm
    02-03-10 02:01 PM
    i strongly recommend unistalling previous version before updating, i didnt and i was having all kinds of problems like not updating homescreen and not adding gps locations but after removing and installing fresh works like a charm

This is from a mod at the Bellshare site - The advisable way to upgrade if you have berryWeather 2.0.x installed is to uninstall that and then install 2.1.40. If you are already running 2.1.36 you can install 2.1.40 over it. If you uninstall you may need to enter your key again.
    02-03-10 02:52 PM
    To get the update for OS 5.0 you need to go to the bellsare web site Bellshare - Premium BlackBerry Apps. The update on crackberry is for OS 4.2.1. FYI
    02-03-10 02:54 PM
    we do plan on updating the free version but there is no ETA at this time
    02-03-10 03:01 PM
    Would love a BerryWeather Free update with just the ability to fully close the app when sent to the background. Anyone? Anyone?
    If you want that capability so badly, why don't you just buy the full version? Why do you think they offer a free crippled version?
    02-03-10 03:19 PM
    I've been running the beta and just installed the upgrade. Everything went flawlessly (I deleted beta first), including the backuop/restore data function (which includes activation code).

I've owned BerryWeather for about 6 weeks now and in that short time it has gone from a good/very good app to really superb.
    Last edited by galavanter; 02-03-10 at 04:38 PM.
    02-03-10 04:19 PM
    I hope they add the backup option for BerryBuzz!!!!
    02-03-10 04:33 PM
    I hope they add the backup option for BerryBuzz!!!!
    we plan to
    02-03-10 04:34 PM
    Using my own wallpaper is not working. It will locate the SD card but nothing else. Am I the only one experiencing this?....
    02-03-10 05:36 PM
    So far so good. I do not use a backgrounds, but the maps loads are better and the lags are gone.
    02-03-10 05:40 PM
    So far so good. I do not use a backgrounds, but the maps loads are better and the lags are gone.

It is the same exact file, just a different version number lol.

Everything should run the same as version 2.1.36
    02-03-10 06:16 PM
    are you using the homescreen wallpaper option? Ive been able to change the size there only, i did also try the same with out the hs option and no change (didnt think it would work this way but i did try anyway)
    thank you!!!
    02-03-10 07:20 PM
    I love BW, but confused about something. I've updated to the new release. I track weather in four cities in the US, two on Pacific Standard Time and two on Eastern Standard Time. Previously, the PST weather forecasts showed a blue background color during daytime hours and black when it was night (and, since EST is 3 hours ahead of us, during late afternoons in the PST, they'd be blue and the EST would be black). Now, everything is black. I can't recall what setting I had to show this. Can anybody help? Thanks!
    02-03-10 07:24 PM
    I'm not sure about anyone else, but when I logged in to the App Store for the update, it clearly stated it was for OS 5.0.

To get the update for OS 5.0 you need to go to the bellsare web site Bellshare - Premium BlackBerry Apps. The update on crackberry is for OS 4.2.1. FYI
    02-03-10 07:28 PM
    I love BW, but confused about something. I've updated to the new release. I track weather in four cities in the US, two on Pacific Standard Time and two on Eastern Standard Time. Previously, the PST weather forecasts showed a blue background color during daytime hours and black when it was night (and, since EST is 3 hours ahead of us, during late afternoons in the PST, they'd be blue and the EST would be black). Now, everything is black. I can't recall what setting I had to show this. Can anybody help? Thanks!
    I think it is dependent upon your Theme setting, under Display Settings. Widgets Day&Night is probably what you had before.
    02-03-10 07:29 PM
130 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD