UPDATE: Public Beta of BerryWeather 2.1 available
    New public beta released, fixes memory leak of the 2.0 release. I've been running it for 24 hours and my memory has remained unchanged - would have easily seen a drop of 3-5MB in this same period prior. Some new features, but mostly a rebuild of the applications engine to make it more stable and faster. You can download public beta from here, also includes lots of discussion on the new version.

(�`'�.� �:*��*:�..�:*��*:�.�:*��*:�..�:*��*:�.�:*��*:�..�: *��*:�.�:*��*:�..�:*��*:�.�:*��*:�..�:*��*:�.�:*�� *:�..�:*��*:�. �.�'��)

From the Bellshare / BerryWeather website:

BerryWeather 2.0 has been in beta for some time. It's just been released for download.

Download Here

New in Version 2.0!

* Weather Data:
    - New weather source: WeatherUnderground.com
    - Get more accurate current conditions by switching to a nearby weather stations for any location
    * Visual:
    - New high resolution iconset
    - See your current weather as a homescreen wallpaper, includes many customization options
    - Full support for OS 5.0 screen transitions
    * Weather Advisories:
    - Get notifications only for specific advisories
    - Support for BerryPopup, get a popup with advisory details in any app
    * Radar Maps/Webcams
    - Now you can use multiple custom radar maps/webcams
    - Pinch-to-zoom radar maps on any touchscreen BlackBerry

Pricing has been announced at $9.95 (same as prior version). Users with prior version can upgrade for $3.99. Users who purchased BerryWeather after October 15th will get a free upgrade. Purchasing and upgrading via Mobihand should be available later tonight. AppWorld as always will take about 2 weeks...

This version with the homscreen wallpaper option is really cool - no more limited to just an icon that is refreshed, the wallpaper is now refreshed each update. You can use your own wallpaper or use the default as provided by BerryWeather. Will be interesting to see how new theme's integrate this The report displays are also improved with bigger icon sets (user selectable) for a more eye appealing look (at least in my opinion).

I've updated the images below to show the theme using a custom background.
    _
    Interested in this theme? It's Carbon Collection 5.0. Check out this support thread.

You can also put the current temp display in the notification area. Very nice for when phone is locked, taking call, sending message, browsing the web, you can still see the temp.

This was a great app before and has many nice additional features and functionality.

Questions / Answers - BerryWeather Support Forum

NOTE: If you are experiencing problems with using the new version:

1. Confirm that you have deleted the original 1.x version (look at the Application Center, see if you have an app "weather" listed, if so, you need to delete it. As noted it is required that you remove prior version before installing the new BW2 app.
    2. For those running OS 5.x, if you download from Mobihand (or Crackberry) the link may have been to an incorrect download (for older OS's that do not support some of the new features available in OS 5.x). Remove your BW2 app and download the application directly from Bellshare. Here are the links directly for your specific OS:
    Download BerryWeather 2.0.54 (OS 4.7 and higher)
    Download BerryWeather 2.0.54 (OS 5.0 and higher)
    From Bellshare support -> You can also correct this on Mobihand. Please login at Smartphone - MobiHand Apps Store Account and under My Apps, below the BerryWeather product name, there is a link �Swap to Another Version�. Please click on it, and on the popup that shows up, select the correct version for your device and Submit.
    Once the popup closes, you are all done; you can now download the version of the software that is compatible with your device.
    3. If you are having problems activating your application, the activation code should be a 12 digit code. If it's not, your code was truncated somewhere. If you are having trouble getting your activation to work contact bellshare customer service at [email protected].
    4. If you purchased app through App World you'll need to wait until App World makes the update available.
    5. If you are running Storm2 the temperature badge in the icon won't update, that's a fault of the current OS. The wallpaper and notification icon temps will update so you can just remove the icon badge from the home screen icon.
    6. Need more support than this thread can provide? Check out the Bellshare support forum for BerryWeather.

Here are the links for those who want to revert back to the 1.5 version:
    BerryWeather 1.5 For OS 4.2.1
    BerryWeather 1.5 For OS 4.7
    Last edited by Bob61; 01-24-10 at 09:08 AM.
    12-02-09 04:38 PM
    can we use the same activation key from mobihand?
    12-02-09 04:40 PM
    can we use the same activation key from mobihand?
    No, new version has new activation code, provided when you upgrade.
    12-02-09 04:44 PM
    ok.....so the upgrade would be free for users who bought after oct 15th?
    12-02-09 04:45 PM
    ok.....so the upgrade would be free for users who bought after oct 15th?
    According to the developers, that's correct. Just need to wait until the update has been posted to the site where you purchased from.
    12-02-09 04:53 PM
    what if a person won an unlock code after Oct 15th?
    12-02-09 05:06 PM
    what if a person won an unlock code after Oct 15th?
    If it's like any other free registration I've won, it's still processed through Mobihand and would think it would be free upgrade, doesn't matter what you "paid", it should still be an order after the 15th. See what it shows when you go to upgrade, if not free contact Bellshare, I'm sure they'll make it right.
    12-02-09 05:10 PM
    I will NEVER understand $10 for a weather app!
    12-02-09 05:15 PM
    I guess, to each their own. I have used every other weather app out there. To me, it was the best $5 I spent (bought it when it was on a special), and wouldn't have a problem paying $10.
    12-02-09 05:27 PM
    I purchased mine from Handango.

I am going to have issues getting the $3.99 upgrade deal?

(I do not see the APP on that site anymore)
    12-02-09 05:29 PM
    I purchased mine from Handango.

I am going to have issues getting the $3.99 upgrade deal?

(I do not see the APP on that site anymore)
    Contact Handango or Bellshare and see what they have to say.
    12-02-09 05:44 PM
    $4.00 for the update? ....really?!
    12-02-09 05:46 PM
    we seem to get raped right through our pants with app pricing here in BB land. It really is disgusting. 10$ is quite common for an app price and it KILLS me. Why is it that a platform with 28M+ subscribers has app prices so damn high? What is wrong with BB devs?

I know you have to charge for hard work, but damn... this is ridiculous

Android really does look better by the day, i will concede that, mr kat
    12-02-09 05:59 PM
    how did you get the display in the 2nd screen shot? i cant find that setup
    12-02-09 06:07 PM
    I cannot believe how cheap people can be. $4 for a substantial upgrade? $10 for a fantastic weather app? How much did you spend on lunch today? Please put things in perspective.

Use one of the free apps if you can't afford this one. If they are all the same, then you should have no complaints about using another. However, this one is excellent and easily worth the $10.

Try it for the 3 day trial and see if it worth it yourself. But please, stop ******** about apps that aren't 99 cents or less. Just go get the free ones and leave us alone.
    12-02-09 06:08 PM
    I've had this app since they introduced it. Worth the money to me. The upgrade is pretty nice.
    12-02-09 06:09 PM
    how did you get the display in the 2nd screen shot? i cant find that setup
    I thought you would've gotten an answer by now.
    In the second screenshot, when you're on that screen click on it and it will bring up the options as to what you would like displayed on that screen.
    12-02-09 06:22 PM
    so on mobihand it sends me the new update....but it is saying the activation code is invalid...how can I fix this? ok...just saw that they want $4 more dollars which isn't a lot but not wanting to pay for the upgrade....not really worth it to me.....anybody know where I can get the version they just told me to uninstall back from?
    Last edited by kastein; 12-02-09 at 06:40 PM.
    12-02-09 06:30 PM
    I bought it after Oct 15th and it says I have to buy the upgrade?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 06:39 PM
    I cannot believe how cheap people can be. $4 for a substantial upgrade? $10 for a fantastic weather app? Please put things in perspective.
    However, this one is excellent and easily worth the $10.
    So $14 for the weather isn't excessive? Easily worth it? Are they hiring where you work?

On a side note, if your browser didn't suck so bad, you could go to a weather website and retrieve this info free.
    12-02-09 06:40 PM
    So $14 for the weather isn't excessive?
    **** I updated my phone 4 times since I used the app for less than a month. I would be at $54 already if I wanted to just keep the app that I already paid for. Total scam
    12-02-09 06:48 PM
    You can still just have the small icon on your home screen, right? You don't have to have it as your wallpaper, right?
    Do you have to uninstall the older version first?
    12-02-09 06:50 PM
    Why don't I get an upgrade option? Just the full price? I already had BW just wanting to upgrade not repurchase :/

12-02-09 07:14 PM
    Why don't I get an upgrade option? Just the full price? I already had BW just wanting to upgrade not repurchase :/

If you purchased through mobihand.......and I hope you did, just wait for your upgrade email. Just got mines a few minutes ago.
    12-02-09 07:16 PM
    If you purchased through mobihand.......and I hope you did, just wait for your upgrade email. Just got mines a few minutes ago.
    I did get it through them. So I don't have to do anything to get the email? They're just sending them if you purchased?

12-02-09 07:24 PM
348 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD