Let me begin by saying my apologies if this has been asked already. I did a search and couldn't find anything...but can someone please tell me how to get my homescreen to display the weather like in the screen shots for BerryWeather 2.0? I've tried all the settings and can't figure it out, is it theme specific?

I would love to have my to display that way, so any insight would be wonderful!

thanks so much
    12-09-09 11:05 AM
    I can't see on mobile but what berry do you have? If its something on 4.7 you won't be able to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 11:15 AM
    Wasn't that a OS 5.0 feature??? What OS are your running???
    12-09-09 11:21 AM
    Sorry for leaving that info out guys, i'm running 4.6.1.231....i didn't know it was limited to OS5. thanks for responding
    12-09-09 12:38 PM
    Ok, now I just purchased BerryWeather today and was sorta wondering the same. I've got an 8900 running OS 5.0.0.348 and when it downloaded, it only gave me the option to download the OS 4.6.1 version (probably cuz OS 5.0 isn't official for 8900, idk).

So if the Home Screen option is only available for OS 5.0, then how do I get that version? because, like I said, I'm running OS 5.0.0.348...

12-09-09 06:22 PM
    Never mind, I figured it out! I just went to the BellShare website and downloaded the OS 5.0 version. Problem solved and now I got BerryWeather on my Home Screen

12-09-09 10:14 PM
    Never mind, I figured it out! I just went to the BellShare website and downloaded the OS 5.0 version. Problem solved and now I got BerryWeather on my Home Screen

Ya, I was looking on their website last night... it's not just a OS 5.0, but this feature is actually only for OS 4.7 and above... by the way, nice background!!!
    12-10-09 06:05 AM
    Thanks! Not too original I know but I guess that's me wishing I had a Bold 9700

And yes, you're right about that feature, it is only available for OS 4.7+

But it is a great feature!!

12-10-09 06:29 AM
    Thanks! Not too original I know but I guess that's me wishing I had a Bold 9700

And yes, you're right about that feature, it is only available for OS 4.7+

But it is a great feature!!

Your right, very nice feature... I'm going to install OS 5.0.0.411 this weekend and check things out... of course that is after I've backed up EVERYTHING.

I know the feeling about the 9700.... my wife has one I just got for her a couple weeks ago... and of course I had to play with it for a while and set things up... it's so much quicker than my 8900... all though I like the 8900's keyboard better. See how nice her 9700 works with OS 5.0 makes me want to see it work on my 8900.
    12-10-09 06:37 AM
    If you're still running OS 4.6.1.xxx on your 8900 than you'll love OS 5.0 on your Curve!! I currently have OS 5.0.0.348 on mine and plan on upgrading to .411 later today!

I honestly was a little sketchy on doing the upgrade to OS 5.0 but decided to and I'm glad I did!! The new screen transitions are great!! But I had to create a theme in order to use that feature! So I just re-created the stock Precision Zen theme and added the screen transistions!! Now my menus slide in & out!! My app's screen slides up and if I hit the back key, my home screen slides back down! Native & 3rd Party app's zoom in and when I close them they zoom out!! And if at anytime I hit the 'End' button, it fades back to my Home Screen!!

I believe you'll be very happy you did the upgrade! I personally think my 8900 is running better than it EVER has!!!

12-10-09 06:57 AM
    If you're still running OS 4.6.1.xxx on your 8900 than you'll love OS 5.0 on your Curve!! I currently have OS 5.0.0.348 on mine and plan on upgrading to .411 later today!

I honestly was a little sketchy on doing the upgrade to OS 5.0 but decided to and I'm glad I did!! The new screen transitions are great!! But I had to create a theme in order to use that feature! So I just re-created the stock Precision Zen theme and added the screen transistions!! Now my menus slide in & out!! My app's screen slides up and if I hit the back key, my home screen slides back down! Native & 3rd Party app's zoom in and when I close them they zoom out!! And if at anytime I hit the 'End' button, it fades back to my Home Screen!!

I believe you'll be very happy you did the upgrade! I personally think my 8900 is running better than it EVER has!!!

That sounds awesome! I'm so jealous, but too chicken to do the upgrade. Hopefully AT&T will do an official rollout soon
    12-10-09 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD