I was wondering why every news station around me has been blaring winter storm warnings and high wind warnings and my phone has been silent not letting me know any of these warnings from Berryweather even though advisory notifications are on. . Turns out if you go into advisory filters under settings, there are no advisorys for High wind warnings, Sever thunderstorm watch or warnings, winter storm warnings, tornado watch or warnings, lake effect snow watch and warnings ect!!

What's with all the main advisorys that people need to know that are coming not apart of Berryweathers advisorys????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 02:34 PM
    I got a ton of them this week.
    12-08-09 03:26 PM
    Since you have Genius status, I bed you have already checked the advisory setting. Mine is getting advisories almost in annoying level. I am in Colorado and in the middle of winter storm. LED light turns on constantly. I was in Hawaii last week the same - high surf warning. I don't know what level makes it turned on, though... the info source under the 2.0 version seems to be Weather Underground (I think). Did you check there to see if there is any advisory listed?
    12-08-09 03:29 PM
    I just had to change my settings because I'm getting way too many! Large surf doesn't really affect my day to day life!
    12-08-09 03:33 PM
    I think it really has to do with the type of advisory reported by the national weather service. Look at the post i made earlier today in regards to not getting advisories in my city, even though an advisory has been issued on the national weather service website.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ber...ml#post4257535
    12-08-09 03:36 PM
    nevermind.. they just started coming into my phone right now... they were delayed 4 hours, but I got them anyway.

I have the advisorys set to update every 30 mins, but they were delayed 4 hours somehow
    12-08-09 04:08 PM
    Since you have Genius status, I bed you have already checked the advisory setting. Mine is getting advisories almost in annoying level. I am in Colorado and in the middle of winter storm. LED light turns on constantly. I was in Hawaii last week the same - high surf warning. I don't know what level makes it turned on, though... the info source under the 2.0 version seems to be Weather Underground (I think). Did you check there to see if there is any advisory listed?
    well my phones going off like no tomorrow now due to this snowstorm, but I cannot figure out why it took 4 hours to get to my phone when I had the advisory to be updating every 30 minutes. Interesting. I hope it was a one time deal with the delay becuase I really need to know whats heading my way much faster then that becuase I work outside.
    12-08-09 04:10 PM
    I was wondering why every news station around me has been blaring winter storm warnings and high wind warnings and my phone has been silent not letting me know any of these warnings from Berryweather even though advisory notifications are on. . Turns out if you go into advisory filters under settings, there are no advisorys for High wind warnings, Sever thunderstorm watch or warnings, winter storm warnings, tornado watch or warnings, lake effect snow watch and warnings ect!!

What's with all the main advisorys that people need to know that are coming not apart of Berryweathers advisorys????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You might be looking under the wrong setting because I am looking at mine and it has all of the advisories you mention and then some and all of mine are working perfectly.
    12-08-09 09:08 PM
    Mine gets notifications like there is no tomorrow and I want to turn off all notifications. I live in SC and I don't need weather advisory notifications here....weather never gets too bad.

I have all advisories unchecked but I still get them. How in the world do I turn off all advisories? I just want the weather.

All Berryweather has slowed my Tour considerably. Anyone else experience this?
    12-14-09 09:14 AM
    Mine gets notifications like there is no tomorrow and I want to turn off all notifications. I live in SC and I don't need weather advisory notifications here....weather never gets too bad.

I have all advisories unchecked but I still get them. How in the world do I turn off all advisories? I just want the weather.

All Berryweather has slowed my Tour considerably. Anyone else experience this?
    same problem here. I cant rid of the damn things. Posted on the company forum but heard nothing.
    12-14-09 11:40 AM
    Advisory Auto Update: Never

Time it correctly when you don't have one already so it doesn't get jammed with one active.
    12-14-09 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD