First off I got to say I love this app so much I use it all day everyday, another thing please don't abuse this wonderful app. I could not live without this anymore. Here is the link to describe it more in full and enjoy and DO NOT ABUSE IT!

http://ota.berryscanner.com/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Tripster; 07-13-09 at 10:37 PM.
    07-13-09 10:31 PM
    Yeah this app is definitely one of the sweetest freebies..I love it. I compared it to my real scanner..It is a LITTLE bit behind, but I guess that's to be expected since the feed is traveling across the www.

Thanks Developer! (I hope he sees this...)
    07-13-09 10:49 PM
    Yeah this app is definitely one of the sweetest freebies..I love it. I compared it to my real scanner..It is a LITTLE bit behind, but I guess that's to be expected since the feed is traveling across the www.

Well I have the Digital base scanner along with the handheld, but this is very good on the go especially if you want others not to know you have a scanner. Also most counties have upgraded to digital frequency so digital is the way just expensive. I got both for $400 from a friend brand new! =D

07-13-09 11:09 PM
    What exactly is this app supposed to do?

07-14-09 01:02 AM
    I d/l it and have been playing around with it and its pretty fun!
    07-14-09 01:04 AM
    This app is streaming police/fire audio live, its like a regular digital scanner. Except its just streaming. I have found out that there is a serious RAM memory leakage issue, I have contacted the Developer about this issue. I suggest not multi-tasking with this app running, it should be fine running by itself. If you want more info about this app just goto the link I provided above. Also you can goto Welcome to radioreferences.com - Search Results for "radioreferences.com" that is where its streaming from and you can also listen from there only on your Desktop PC.

Here is the link for the OTA below!
    Just copy and paste this link!
    BerryScanner- http://ota.berryscanner.com/

Thanks, Tripster

Last edited by Tripster; 07-14-09 at 02:18 AM.
    07-14-09 02:12 AM
    But you have to admit if it would pick up local frequencies also
    07-15-09 10:27 PM

how much behind?? a few mins, hours??
    07-19-09 06:09 PM
    it doesnt have the frequencies for quebec.........
    07-19-09 06:16 PM
    I tried to download from ota.bbscanner.com but it said the server timedout .Does anyone else have a different link.
    07-19-09 10:08 PM
    I tried to download from ota.bbscanner.com but it said the server timedout .Does anyone else have a different link.
    BBScanner: Listen to police and fire scanners on your BlackBerry
    07-19-09 10:59 PM
    I tried that link also and I got the same gateway timeout massage
    07-19-09 11:11 PM
    I had some firewall issues with earlier versions. The developer has got it right now. Thank you.
    07-20-09 12:05 AM
    I like it but unfortunately it doesnt have where I live at but it does have the some of the surrounding counties and cities
    07-20-09 01:57 AM
    it works fine on my 8330 but something is wrong with the Tampa feed nothing on it at all says it streaming but i don't hear any chatter but other city's play fine so its something with the feed from here i guess
    07-20-09 02:27 AM
    I don't think all the feeds are digital, the city that I live in, the police/fire are on the new digital radio system, so the only way to scann them is to have a digital scanner. And what I know about this app is it uses feeds from a website that has volunteers doing the feeds.

There are several citys in my metro area that are on the new digital system, I think most citys are in my area are to be honest. One of the reasons citys/county/states are going to the digital system is that its harder to scann.

I think this is a great app by the way

07-20-09 03:03 AM
    Is this app safe/compatible with my 8330??

07-20-09 03:24 AM
    Is this app safe/compatible with my 8330??

i had it on my curve and it for awsome , however i deleted it as the scanners in my area were always offline
    07-20-09 04:52 AM
    I have it all setup. It says it is done buffering and says it is playing. And I even set the audio output to speakerphone...why is there no sound coming out??

07-20-09 12:03 PM
    Sounds like a very good app. I am going to give it a try later tonight.
    07-20-09 02:21 PM
    So, I was listening to a channel out of York toronto. After about 15-20 min I started hearing the 'exact' same reports being given over the radio. What's that about?

07-23-09 04:52 PM
    To answer the delay question, its approx 10-25 seconds. And to the guy that is not hearing anything, that just means noone is talking at that time, I am sure its weorking. There is a saying that we used in emergency services radio training "No news is good news" it is a fantastic app if you are anything like me.

07-23-09 08:48 PM
    My father is a big scanner guy and he envys me for this app. Anyone know if the software is available for the Palm Pre?

07-23-09 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD