I've been using BerryPopUp for sometime and I am beginning to think that it really doesn't add much more functionality compared to HT i.e. by looking at HT I get a view of a bunch of emails that I can instantly decide on whether I want to access them or not. With BP you have to scroll through all of them to know if you you want to access them which is basically the same as opening the email client and scrolling through.

Am I missing some great functionality with BP?
    05-14-10 04:32 PM
    I just purchased Berry popup. I like the fact that when i'm in the car, or have the phone sitting on my desk in a meeting that a new message/ text will display. This way I can read it and auto dismiss it without having to touch the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 06:12 AM
    I do notice a little flaw though. When using crunchSMS, if a text comes up using berry popup, once you clear it, it clears it as an SMS from the regular icon, not the crunch app. So basically the notification that there is a message is still there in crunch making you have to reread it and clear it twice.

Anyone use both of these and know a fix?
    05-15-10 08:24 AM
    I just purchased Berry popup. I like the fact that when i'm in the car, or have the phone sitting on my desk in a meeting that a new message/ text will display. This way I can read it and auto dismiss it without having to touch the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The problem is that you only get to view one message but there might be 5 emails behind it that are important that you can't see. With HT you look at the screen and you see the 5 emails. Granted you have to touch the phone to wake up the screen and hover over the email icon to do it though.
    05-15-10 10:28 AM
    The problem is that you only get to view one message but there might be 5 emails behind it that are important that you can't see. With HT you look at the screen and you see the 5 emails. Granted you have to touch the phone to wake up the screen and hover over the email icon to do it though.
    True, but why can't you use both. I have a hidden today in my theme, which I do use to look at the subject of new messages on occasion. I primarily use it for my calendar entries. HT doesn't allow you to read the entire message, mark it as read, delete or reply to the message like Berry Popup does. For me it definitely provides a benefit.
    05-15-10 01:01 PM
    Sure you can use both but if you're getting a lot of potentially important emails, HT seems better suited since it identifies several senders at once and a bit of the subject matter. Basically you set the phone down after looking at the HT screen. With BP you have to scroll through a list to see which ones are important. I suppose it is six of one half a dozen of the other.

As far as reading, mark as read, delete or reply is concerned I agree with you that that BP is a bit faster since you don't have to open the actual email in the inbox to perform those shortcut keystrokes. Perhaps this is the real benefit of BP vs HT.
    05-15-10 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD