Hey all,

I recently installed BerryPopup on my Torch that runs OS 6.0.0.526 and noticed that instead of contact names and pictures showing up for text message popups, it shows the phone number and no picture. Scouring the forums I found a COD fix for .526 Torches that was mainly for people that didn't have any popups at all, but that wasn't the case for me. I went ahead and installed the new COD anyways using BBSAK as the instructions indicated, but the popup still doesn't show the contact names or pictures (just the phone number and no picture). Furthermore, all the application permissions are set to "allow". Any idea how I can get around this fix? The Bellshare forums and FAQs have no help on the topic either.
    04-17-11 05:27 PM
    Did you make sure in the options that you have the settings to show the picture and name? I know at first I thought I had changed the settings, but must have gotten side tracked by something. It's always good to check the settings, if they are all correct you could try a battery pull. Or uninstalling and reinstalling the app if none of that helps. I'm running .534 with DBZ v3.0 hybrid and BePopup runs perfectly.
    04-17-11 05:39 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. My settings definitely are set to show picture, but there's no setting that tells me whether it should show the name or not. I've tried a battery pull a few times. If people don't seem to suggest anything else I'll try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it and see what happens.
    04-17-11 06:07 PM
    The only other thing I could think of is to set the font size to default if you changed it.
    04-17-11 06:14 PM
    Great idea. I'll try that now and post the result in a few.
    04-17-11 06:41 PM
    I fixed it after a lot of trying, but came up with a frustrating situation that I wanted to know if there was a fix for.

To fix it, I uninstalled the app, then using Desktop Manager deleted my address book entirely. Then I re-installed the app, then sync'ed my phone to Outlook to get all my contacts back. Now, when I receive text messages, the name and the picture show up! Problem solved.

However, I wanted to know if there's any workaround, fix, or just an option I'm missing completely that would allow me to change the infuriating "Last Name, First Name" display in the popup for names to "First Name Last Name". That is, I'll get texts that popup with the name displayed as "Smith, Bob" and I want it to say "Bob Smith".

Anyone have a clue how to fix this?

McStoner, thanks for your help thus far.
    04-17-11 08:39 PM
    I fixed it after a lot of trying, but came up with a frustrating situation that I wanted to know if there was a fix for.

To fix it, I uninstalled the app, then using Desktop Manager deleted my address book entirely. Then I re-installed the app, then sync'ed my phone to Outlook to get all my contacts back. Now, when I receive text messages, the name and the picture show up! Problem solved.

However, I wanted to know if there's any workaround, fix, or just an option I'm missing completely that would allow me to change the infuriating "Last Name, First Name" display in the popup for names to "First Name Last Name". That is, I'll get texts that popup with the name displayed as "Smith, Bob" and I want it to say "Bob Smith".

Anyone have a clue how to fix this?

McStoner, thanks for your help thus far.
    No problem! I'm glad I can at least try and help.

Honestly, I thought I remembered seeing at option in there for changing the display of the First name and Last name, but I guess I was mistaken. I went through all the options and didn't see anything about that. I'm going to see if they could ever implement this feature.
    04-18-11 06:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD