Ok here is my new How-To

You can download the latest version of BerryPopup from your BlackBerry browser by going here Bellshare - BerryPopup make sure you download the correct version for your OS.

After you finish downloading the latest version of BerryPopup you will find the icon for it in your downloads folder (or whatever folder you have downloads set for)

By clicking the icon a pop up will appear giving you the option to go to the options so you can start setting up BerryPopup.

After you are in your options click on BerryPopup to start setting it up.

You will start out under the General settings. Here you enable and disable BerryPopup, set if you want to view older popups or newer ones first, set the back light to turn on when you get a popup, set the time to auto dismiss popups, whether you want to get popups while your phone is locked, in a holster, or if your back light is already on. You can also set the option to mark all emails as read when closing popup.

Now that you have the general settings set, click the Messages tab up top and here you can set if you want to receive a popup for all of your email accounts or just certain ones. Here you will also be able to set whether or not you want to get a popup when you get an SMS message and if you only want to receive popups from people in your contact list.

08-28-10 04:54 PM
    Now click the Forums tab up top. Now if you frequent our forums or Crackberry forums you can enable the special popup we made for them. If you are not a member of either forum you dont need to worry about this part.

Next click the Display tab. Here you can set where you want the buttons to be on the popup, the popup position, the message preview, how big the contact photo size is, and the font sizes for both the header and the message preview. Now there is a preview popup button on the bottom of this page so you can preview the settings and change them to fit you.

Now next go back up to the tabs and scroll over till you see Apps. click that tab, here you will be able to set which apps you do not want BerryPopup to popup in. If you want to set an app you have to make sure the app is currently running on your phone.

Now that you have everything set up you are ready to start using it. when you get a new email it will look something like this. from the popup you can choose to close the popup by clicking the X button, go to your inbox by clicking the envelope, mark message as opened by clicking the check mark, mute popups for a certain amount of time, or just delete the message.

08-28-10 04:54 PM
    Sweet for putting this up kcpaynev1.
    08-28-10 06:38 PM
    Thanks for this! Very informative
    08-28-10 07:42 PM
    What exactly does having the Crackberry forums option on yes do? I was hoping it would send a Pop-up of the new posts on the CB homepage. It seems this is not its function.
    09-06-10 02:26 PM
    What exactly does having the Crackberry forums option on yes do? I was hoping it would send a Pop-up of the new posts on the CB homepage. It seems this is not its function.
    that option is for forum posts. instead of seeing all the basic email junk when you get a new forum post all you get is who posted and what the post says. it also has a nice skin with the CB logo in it
    09-06-10 05:16 PM
    that option is for forum posts. instead of seeing all the basic email junk when you get a new forum post all you get is who posted and what the post says. it also has a nice skin with the CB logo in it
    Ahh. Thanks for the info!
    09-06-10 05:48 PM
    Nice write-up! The Crackberry forum popup is really cool. I do wish, however that when you clicked "Open" that it took you to the mobile site. That would seem to make sense.
    Last edited by nmadd; 09-07-10 at 12:54 PM.
    09-07-10 12:48 PM
    So how do you actually get the forum post popup? I use this forum all the time and I do not get any popups. Is there a tutorial for actually using that feature?
    09-07-10 12:59 PM
    So how do you actually get the forum post popup? I use this forum all the time and I do not get any popups. Is there a tutorial for actually using that feature?
    Set Crackberry to "Yes" on the Forums tab as shown above and ensure that you have email notifications for forum posts turned on in your forum subscriptions. Of course, make sure those emails are sent to an account that is setup on your BB.

The email comes to your BB, BerryPopup recognizes it and acts accordingly.
    09-07-10 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD