Hi All,

Have a new app which lets you remove the SIM card network lock on your device.

We are in final beta and have some copies to give away for testing.
    Looking for a wide range of networks for testing.

You will need to have a SIM card network locked Blackberry which you wish to unlock. You will receive a copy of an app which lets you remove the network SIM lock on your phone. Looking for as much feedback as possible.

To apply, send us the following info:
    Name:
    Blackberry PIN number:
    Blackberry model:
    Currently used network:
    Have you tried unlocking your Blackberry before?:
    Do you have a different SIM card to test if unlock worked?:
    05-13-10 07:18 AM
    Sounds like a lot of personal info to be giving out ....
    05-13-10 08:55 AM
    This app is a one time use on a device? or can be use on mutiple devices?
    05-13-10 09:31 AM
    wish you could unlock on cdma.
    05-13-10 10:51 AM
    Just installed and ran the app- so far so good on my T-Mo (USA) 9700.

The initial three "New Security" codes that I received did not work, but the first "Other Code" took.

Instructions given in the message I received worked, although there seemed to be some extraneous info. For instance, the instructions for the berry 9xxx/8xxx phones mentions a trackwheel even though that's specific to the 8700 listed below.

Other stuff in the unlock e-mail:
    - Model showed up as "no data"
    - "Code generated from MEP" didn't have any info and wasn't explained. Seemed a little confusing.
    - Maybe start the e-mail with the instructions on where to enter the code and then finish the message with the codes themselves.
    - Model-specific e-mails with instructions relevent only to the model the customer is inquiring about might be nice too.

After I submitted for a code in the app and exited. The app asks for my carrier info again. Will the 1.0 version just display the information that was sent before? Does the beta allow for multiple requests?

Now to test a non-Tmo sim card and get going on my AT&T 9000, but from what I can see the program in a cinch to use. Kudos!
    05-13-10 07:50 PM
    This app is a one time use on a device? or can be use on mutiple devices?
    One time use for one device.
    Last edited by CCApps; 05-15-10 at 02:24 AM. Reason: added quote
    05-15-10 02:22 AM
    Sounds like a lot of personal info to be giving out ....
    Well, we need your PIN to generate a license key, and your network/device model are important as this is what we are trying to test...
    Last edited by CCApps; 05-15-10 at 06:26 AM.
    05-15-10 02:26 AM
    Just installed and ran the app- so far so good on my T-Mo (USA) 9700.

The initial three "New Security" codes that I received did not work, but the first "Other Code" took.

Instructions given in the message I received worked, although there seemed to be some extraneous info. For instance, the instructions for the berry 9xxx/8xxx phones mentions a trackwheel even though that's specific to the 8700 listed below.

Other stuff in the unlock e-mail:
    - Model showed up as "no data"
    - "Code generated from MEP" didn't have any info and wasn't explained. Seemed a little confusing.
    - Maybe start the e-mail with the instructions on where to enter the code and then finish the message with the codes themselves.
    - Model-specific e-mails with instructions relevent only to the model the customer is inquiring about might be nice too.

After I submitted for a code in the app and exited. The app asks for my carrier info again. Will the 1.0 version just display the information that was sent before? Does the beta allow for multiple requests?

Now to test a non-Tmo sim card and get going on my AT&T 9000, but from what I can see the program in a cinch to use. Kudos!
    Great feedback, thanks.

As for the email we send, I think you are right about a lot of the points. We are actively working on improving this mail and will include your thoughts.

When you open the app again, because it is a one time use app, submitting for a new unlock code will return the same data as before (but you probably wouldnt really do this though as all the info is in the email you receive). Nice idea about saving the data though - would probably make things clearer to the user.

Will get back to you about your 9000.
    05-15-10 02:34 AM
    Hey I just downloaded this app! Is easy to install, and easy to setup the app. Is Simple, Fast and 100% guaranteed!!! You only have to give some info, and in less than 10 seconds you have your code to unlock your BB. I think this method is better, faster and easier. I recommend this app in a 200%. Very Nice!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-10 12:37 PM
    100% successful with my Blackberry 9000 (AT&T) too.

I have the same comments regarding the e-mail generated with the unlock codes. The codes provided were a little different too. The first "preferred code" ended up unlocking the phone. I must have mistyped it because it didn't work when I entered it initially. The three "new security" codes did nothing, but when I tried the preferred code again, the network lock was removed.

I'm now looking at my Bold 9000 with an AT&T logo on the keyboard and a T-Mobile carrier name on the screen. Good stuff! I always liked the 9000's screen and keyboard more than the 9700. If only 3G and UMA worked on the 9000 too...

Great app! I have no hesitation recommending it.
    05-17-10 01:51 PM
    we have to purchase the app then provide the info and then we receive an email with the unlock code. is that how the process goes?
    05-17-10 08:27 PM
    we have to purchase the app then provide the info and then we receive an email with the unlock code. is that how the process goes?
    Thats right - all you have to provide is your country/network combination from a pull down list, and your email address.
    The unlock codes are generated automatically and you will get them straight away.
    You will also see the codes within the app itself, but the email that we send has more detailed instructions of what to do with your codes.
    05-18-10 06:32 AM
    Excellent app !!!!! Worked great, easy to use (very easy to use). "NO PROBLEMS" and I'm one of those guys that are very carefull when it comes to putting apps in my device.

Thanks. I say "buy it" no if's or but's. Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-22-10 11:41 PM
    Name:tarek jarmakani
    Blackberry PIN number:25605580
    IMEI:355256.02.551223.6
    Blackberry model:bold 9000
    Currently used network:etisalat
    Have you tried unlocking your Blackberry before?:no
    Do you have a different SIM card to test if unlock worked?:[/QUOTE]
    Yes I have
    Thank you

05-27-10 11:12 AM
    Name:tarek jarmakani
    Blackberry PIN number:XXXXXXXXX
    IMEI:XXXXXXXXXXX
    Blackberry model:bold 9000
    Currently used network:etisalat
    Have you tried unlocking your Blackberry before?:no
    Do you have a different SIM card to test if unlock worked?:
    Yes I have
    Thank you
    Wow... and some of the earlier posters were concerned about sending this info to an unknown developer.
    05-27-10 12:10 PM
    I sent the info you asked for so when I may receive the unlock key or the porgram, to try it if it worked as I see no one try this por from etisalat,.
    Thank you again

05-27-10 04:22 PM
    I sent the info you asked for so when I may receive the unlock key or the porgram, to try it if it worked as I see no one try this por from etisalat,.
    Thank you again

Hi- could you send us an email so we can reply to you with download instructions? chocolatechunkapps@googlemail.com

p.s. it is not necessary to post your detials on the forum, an email is fine
    05-28-10 07:22 AM
    Worked great for my storm 2 9550. When I received the info under model it said no data other than that it was all good. The first code was the correct one. Thanks again
    06-08-10 05:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD