This app cost me 5 bucks or something and it was well worth it.

The purchase (Mobi something or other) went smooth and it adds a some minor, but sweet functionality.

Just the option to show charging status was worth it in my opinion.

I'm also fairly hard of hearing these days and the ability to customize the LED with different colors is VERY handy to me.

All in all, a very happy customer.

Thanks!

peter
    09-20-09 05:28 PM
    Does the LED stay flashing until the specific message is actually opened?

Or does it turn off when the message folder itself is opened? Or when the home screen is lit up?

This was a con i experienced when trying another LED changing app (can't remember which).

Thanks, and glad you're happy with it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 05:34 PM
    [QUOTE=chrisy520;3633997]Does the LED stay flashing until the specific message is actually opened?

Yes

Or does it turn off when the message folder itself is opened? Or when the home screen is lit up?

I just noticed it turned off after i got the alert/message/etc

This was a con i experienced when trying another LED changing app (can't remember which).

I have not played around fully with it yet (happy with what I found so far though) but maybe try the 1 week demo?

TIP TIP: It told me right away to disable (turn off) the normal BB led notifiers, pain in the.....but I did what it asked and I haven had a lick of trouble with it.

I dont even give a rats (you know what) about the few bucks it cost me, Im just so very happy I purchased something that finally worked as advertised.

Disclaimer: i dont know anybody involved with the app, the store, nothing.

Pete
    09-20-09 06:03 PM
    Does the LED stay flashing until the specific message is actually opened?

you can set your options to have the LED shut off after you read your message. You can also set how long you want your LED to stay flashing after getting a message. I have min to shut off after 15 minutes if I dont open up the message so I don't loose to much battery out of it all day.
    09-20-09 06:54 PM
    Thanks guys!

09-20-09 06:58 PM
    you can set your options to have the LED shut off after you read your message. You can also set how long you want your LED to stay flashing after getting a message. I have min to shut off after 15 minutes if I dont open up the message so I don't loose to much battery out of it all day.
    ya that is a nice feature i dont see on many other LED apps.

glad your happy with your purchase and if you have any questions about the app make sure you go to the bellshare forums. the link is in my sig
    09-20-09 07:53 PM
    I bought this too. First App I have ever purchased for any of my BB phones, in 3 years. Got it for my GF too. She loves being able to change led color for her separate email accounts, bbm, and sms. Over all. I would recommend it. BTW I'm running 5.0 on my Tour and it works fine.
    09-20-09 11:49 PM
    Ok, i'm going to give this app a try!

09-21-09 06:32 AM
    Yes BerryBuzz is great second app I have ever purchased (BeejiveIM was the 1st) I love it
    09-21-09 06:40 AM
    Ok, i'm going to give this app a try!

so how do you like it so far?
    09-21-09 08:52 AM
    I really like it, too. It's very customizable, and the disco notification just makes me happy
    09-21-09 09:02 AM
    so how do you like it so far?
    i like it so far.

Two things that may keep me from buying:

The white looks like turquoise
    The orange looks like yellow.

i've had it enabled all day so far. i think it may have drained my battery a bit.

i'll keep it the full week and decide then.

i really like the disco, blue, purple, green, red colors and being able to see what type of messages i have.

Also like that i can set it the LED alert stays on.

Any tips?

09-21-09 03:18 PM
    i like it so far.

i've had it enabled all day so far. i think it may had drianed my battery a bit.

i really like the disco, blue, purple, green, red colors and being able to see what type of messages i have.

Any tips?

as far as i know the dev cant really do anything with the color because of the way the led works.

what kind of tips you need? ill help you anyway i can
    09-21-09 04:13 PM
    i like it so far.

i've had it enabled all day so far. i think it may have drained my battery a bit.

Any tips?

I never had any battery problems with the berrybuzz before withit draining the battery, but i also set the LED to turn off after 15 minutes though if I dont read a message just to be safe. That would be my only tip to do.

To me though, I like the way the White looks on it, but I do agree the orange looks a little but to yellowish, but that's not really a deal breaker to me though.

My main settings are:
    SMS: bright Blue
    MMS: bright orange
    e-mails: bright purple
    phone calls: Disco

I can easily tell when the phone is on silent which alert I got just by looking at the LED light, I do love this app though, its my Favorite!
    09-21-09 04:47 PM
    Ok i just bought the app! It's handy. i made a "custom" color, which was just hot pink.

One thing i like is that when my phone is on Silent, and i'm on WAP CrackBerry, i can tell what type of message without using app switcher to go to the main screen and look.

As for tips:

i have the alerts set to NEVER go off until i check the message. Do you guys think that drains the battery significantly? What is yours set to?

Also, what is the default time between flashes (without BerryBuzz)? i like that but not sure if it's 3 seconds or 4 maybe.

09-21-09 07:36 PM
    mjbesen310,

Thanks! We were posting at the same time! Appreciate your input!

09-21-09 07:37 PM
    I had downloaded BerryBuzz to allow repeated aural alerts for text messages and voicemails on a Tour. I could never get that function to work no matter what I did with the menu. I am sure that I was doing something wrong?

BTW, I do not know anything about LEDs... how do they manage to produce all the different colors?
    09-21-09 08:01 PM
    By combining the primary colors.

i don't have any aural reminders set so i can't help you there. i'm just using it for the LED colors!

09-21-09 08:13 PM
    Ok i just bought the app! It's handy. i made a "custom" color, which was just hot pink.

One thing i like is that when my phone is on Silent, and i'm on WAP CrackBerry, i can tell what type of message without using app switcher to go to the main screen and look.

As for tips:

i have the alerts set to NEVER go off until i check the message. Do you guys think that drains the battery significantly? What is yours set to?

Also, what is the default time between flashes (without BerryBuzz)? i like that but not sure if it's 3 seconds or 4 maybe.

1. i have the LED set up the same way and dont notice any significant battery drain. but it all depends on how long the LED is going before you check the messages. if you have LEDs going off for several hours the battery will drain a little faster but for normal use and if you check your messages regularly you should be fine.

2. i dont have a clue about default settings.
    09-21-09 08:18 PM

As for tips:

I have my alerts set the same way, to never go out until I check my messages, I haven't noticed any significant battery drain.

The bright white is very white with no real trace of blue if you've checked that out. The lower intensity white did have blue tones in it from the right angle it seemed to me too.

Well worth the money one month later and w\zero problems...lovin' the disco LED set to BBM
    09-21-09 08:38 PM
    Cool. i will try the Bright White! Yes, Disco is exciting!

09-21-09 08:46 PM
    Disco is exciting!
    it's an era gone by...you might say!
    09-21-09 09:36 PM
    OK, I love this app but its conflicting with one of my other apps that is looking at my SMS ! :/ My phone doesn't vibrate when I get a text... I already asked tech support of BerryBuzz and this is what they called a BlackBerry limitation. My other app lookin at SMS is Empower Central - SMS Viewer...which I LOVE. And now I have to choose which one I want to use...Argh ! I paid for both apps, now what ? I hope they can find a way around this issue...
    09-22-09 01:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD