How can you disable BerryBuzz for certain profiles?
    Thanks.
    Not sure you can, you're probably dealing with similar issues like I am.

I emailed their tech support, no reply in 3 days... LOL.
    05-04-10 11:32 PM
    I Wanted to update everyone on what was causing my Phone LEDs to not use the correct Contact Alert setting. I had posted my "resolution" in one of the other threads on BerryBuzz and forgot to come here.

For me, it was all about how I enter phone numbers into my contacts.

I like to use the dashes when I enter a phone number. So for instance, for my home phone, I entered: 123-456-7890. This makes for a nice neat layout.

But thru testing, including watching incoming calls, I noticed that the underlying call info must be coming in without dashes: 1234567890.

So even though my CallerID was showing my home number with dashes, the BB interpretted things without dashes, thus resulting in a mismatch which caused BerryBuzz to not display the contact alert LED for my home phone number.

For the 4 numbers where I wanted a specific contact alert LED for incoming calls, I updated those contacts to be stored without dashes.

That cleared things up and all is swell for me now. While I do prefer having the dashes, for the limited number of contacts where I wanted specific LEDs, this is no big deal to make the changes.
    05-05-10 08:37 AM
    I Wanted to update everyone on what was causing my Phone LEDs to not use the correct Contact Alert setting. I had posted my "resolution" in one of the other threads on BerryBuzz and forgot to come here.

For me, it was all about how I enter phone numbers into my contacts.

I like to use the dashes when I enter a phone number. So for instance, for my home phone, I entered: 123-456-7890. This makes for a nice neat layout.

But thru testing, including watching incoming calls, I noticed that the underlying call info must be coming in without dashes: 1234567890.

So even though my CallerID was showing my home number with dashes, the BB interpretted things without dashes, thus resulting in a mismatch which caused BerryBuzz to not display the contact alert LED for my home phone number.

For the 4 numbers where I wanted a specific contact alert LED for incoming calls, I updated those contacts to be stored without dashes.

That cleared things up and all is swell for me now. While I do prefer having the dashes, for the limited number of contacts where I wanted specific LEDs, this is no big deal to make the changes.
    Thanks a ton for this info! I just tested it and bazinga!!!!
    Now I have to edit about 75 work contacts! Yay me....but a least it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 12:49 PM
    75 work contacts.....How many color combinations.....er....Oh I get it...You have set all of your work contacts to one LED color. Ok. Good idea!

I wonder if you could use a group/distribution list and set an alert to anyone in that. I doubt you can, but it would be neat functionality, especially in your case.
    05-05-10 12:56 PM
    75 work contacts.....How many color combinations.....er....Oh I get it...You have set all of your work contacts to one LED color. Ok. Good idea!

I wonder if you could use a group/distribution list and set an alert to anyone in that. I doubt you can, but it would be neat functionality, especially in your case.
    It does support groups. In address book, go to menu - new group, and then add all your contacts and select the numbers. You can then add this as a contact LED in BerryBuzz.
    05-05-10 01:00 PM
    Cool beans!
    05-05-10 01:12 PM
    +1

I already have a group set up. I am hoping the edit to the individual numbers will cascade to the group contact....but of t doesn't I have forever to re add them.

Besides I will do the edit via MS outlook and then sync my address book.

Should be easy.

05-05-10 01:30 PM
    Thanks a ton for this info! I just tested it and bazinga!!!!
    Now I have to edit about 75 work contacts! Yay me....but a least it works.

off topic but....BAZINGA, lol I love that show

thanks for sharing that solution jib btw!
    05-05-10 04:06 PM
    off topic but....BAZINGA, lol I love that show

thanks for sharing that solution jib btw!
    I love the show too, it is just hilarious!! I am waiting for the opportunitity to do the constant door knock...*Knock, knock, knock* "Leonard", *Knock, knock, knock* "Leonard", *Knock, knock, knock* "Leonard"

Some Co-workers turned me on to the show now I am playing catch up season 1 DVD set.
    05-05-10 04:20 PM
    Yeah, my best friend and I were watching season 2 on dvd when she got it so I also played catchup.
    05-05-10 05:45 PM
    Ok I just bought this app...

However whenever I turn the phone to 'All Alerts Off' , berrybuzz continues to flash LEDs and vibrate...

Can someone pls help?

Does the lack of response mean what I am asking for is impossible? Or that I am missing something obvious?
    05-06-10 01:42 AM
    Does the lack of response mean what I am asking for is impossible? Or that I am missing something obvious?
    Its currently impossible. BerryBuzz can not tell if you're in 'all alerts off' or silent or any other profile. It overrides the current active profile. You can mute the LED during certain times of the day (when you're at work, at night, etc...). I believe they can't tell what profile is active due to a limitation of the OS or there's no api for it.

05-06-10 07:16 AM
    Its currently impossible. BerryBuzz can not tell if you're in 'all alerts off' or silent or any other profile. It overrides the current active profile. You can mute the LED during certain times of the day (when you're at work, at night, etc...). I believe they can't tell what profile is active due to a limitation of the OS or there's no api for it.

Thank you very much for the helpful response.

Then IMHO Berrybuzz should code it such that we use it's interface to choose which Blackberry profile we want at any given time, and it can make its own internal adjustments that way.

C'est la vie.
    05-06-10 08:10 AM
    For some reason berrybuzz does not work with SocialScope, every led i imput works except the one for Social Scope wonder what i do wrong.

Help anyone?

Thanks

and sorry for my english, it is not my native language
    05-07-10 01:07 AM
    For some reason berrybuzz does not work with SocialScope, every led i imput works except the one for Social Scope wonder what i do wrong.

Help anyone?

Thanks

and sorry for my english, it is not my native language
    it's not you, it's socialscope. apparently they keep tweaking how the alerts work between versions, and since not everyone has the same version, it doesn't work for everyone. I do know that this is being looked into. It seems that socialscope has been rolling out some updates though, so hopefully it gets to everyone, and then a fix will come from Bellshare.
    05-07-10 08:07 AM
    it's not you, it's socialscope. apparently they keep tweaking how the alerts work between versions, and since not everyone has the same version, it doesn't work for everyone. I do know that this is being looked into. It seems that socialscope has been rolling out some updates though, so hopefully it gets to everyone, and then a fix will come from Bellshare.
    I see, thanks
    05-07-10 10:44 AM
341 ... 121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD