04-09-10 01:47 PM
    Where did you get these? I'm looking for the 5.0 Storm version.
    04-09-10 01:50 PM
    Would love to go back, but I see no download links. Also it kills me how I purchased version 2.1.35 in jan, and all of a sudden we are at version 3.0.57 . Yes this is a joke. So your saying that version was not functioning well, as you said a better functioning app.
    That's an incorrect statement. The old version worked very well.
    This new version works very well too, but with some added features.
    A little advise to Hvacr:
    Either upgrade and pay the 2 bucks OR don't upgrade and enjoy the app the way it was. As mentioned by most in this thread, it is a very good uprade to a very good app.
    04-09-10 01:58 PM
    we didn't have a 5.0 version for 2.2 for the storm use the 4.7 one I posted
    04-09-10 02:01 PM
    Really cool upgrade, got it for free which was awesome. Still wish it worked with CrunchSMS though.
    Aww dang it! That was going to be my question. That would've been #1 on my list for compatability, since that app is becoming very popular very fast, and SMS text is about as basic of a function as you can have for an LED notifier.

I just downloaded the upgrade from BellShare, but I have no idea when I purchased 2.0...I think it was either right before or right after 2/1 (probably before).
    04-09-10 02:03 PM
    Aww dang it! That was going to be my question. That would've been #1 on my list for compatability, since that app is becoming very popular very fast, and SMS text is about as basic of a function as you can have for an LED notifier.

I just downloaded the upgrade from BellShare, but I have no idea when I purchased 2.0...I think it was either right before or right after 2/1 (probably before).
    if you go to your point of purchase be it cb or mobihand under your account info it should show you the purchase date.

Or have you tried to upgrade? if your within the grace period mobi should recognize the original purchase
    04-09-10 02:08 PM
    BerryBuzz rocks. Best app going.
    word ^....i got it when it was the DoD last summer...only thing i've paid for that was for my bb...
    Ok, so I have a handle on my funky bug (hey, sounds like a quote from SatC).....

So I have my background white (I find the black harder to read from).

Anyways, if I go to the gear icon and scroll to the bottom, the "blackout all screens" says "yes". If I escape back from there, all is still ok.

However, if I gear icon, and then rather than escaping back, instead if I try to use the home icon to go back, it switches to a black background, without me "telling" it to and without me having to save.

In this instance, I then have to go back in, say "no" and save. Gets it back but if I then go back to the gear settings, it shows as "yes" even though I am back to the white background.

This is an annoyance bug and nothing more to me as I can get the functionality out of the setting that I want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's an incorrect statement. The old version worked very well.
    This new version works very well too, but with some added features.
    A little advise to Hvacr:
    Either upgrade and pay the 2 bucks OR don't upgrade and enjoy the app the way it was. As mentioned by most in this thread, it is a very good uprade to a very good app.
    I installed version 3 without knowing I needed a new key, so now I have no version. They are forcing us to upgrade by not supplying the older versions.
    04-09-10 02:09 PM
    I installed version 3 without knowing I needed a new key, so now I have no version. They are forcing us to upgrade by not supplying the older versions.
    my post above #79 is a link to version 2.2.11 enjoy
    04-09-10 02:14 PM
    I can confirm what someone else wrote - it's likely a versioning issue. I was experiencing the exact same problem, so I downloaded the version specific to my OS 5.0, and the problem has been fixed. On the main page of this post, make sure you are downloading the version appropriate for your OS. I upgraded for $1.99, so I must have gotten the version for OS 4.6, which is what I had when I initially purchased the product. Good luck!
    This worked for me & I'm good now. I just downloaded the correct version from the 1st post here & all is well. Thanks!
    04-09-10 02:15 PM
    Ok, so I have a handle on my funky bug (hey, sounds like a quote from SatC).....

So I have my background white (I find the black harder to read from).

Anyways, if I go to the gear icon and scroll to the bottom, the "blackout all screens" says "yes". If I escape back from there, all is still ok.

However, if I gear icon, and then rather than escaping back, instead if I try to use the home icon to go back, it switches to a black background, without me "telling" it to and without me having to save.

In this instance, I then have to go back in, say "no" and save. Gets it back but if I then go back to the gear settings, it shows as "yes" even though I am back to the white background.

This is an annoyance bug and nothing more to me as I can get the functionality out of the setting that I want.

This little bug popped up last night we are aware of and will have it sorted out in the next maintenance release.

Thnx
    04-09-10 02:16 PM
    Cool. Thanks!
    04-09-10 02:31 PM
    Ok let me see if I can explain this.

I created a group within my contacts and then I went to Set Contact Alerts (sound profiles) selected my contact and then set my ringtone, vibration, and TURNED OFF the LED.

I then went into Berrybuzz and set a LED for contact�.but it doesn�t work.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?
    04-09-10 02:34 PM

I created a group within my contacts and then I went to Set Contact Alerts (sound profiles) selected my contact and then set my ringtone, vibration, and TURNED OFF the LED.

I've never tried to "group the contacts" when you open the alert with in buzz is it showing all the different phone numbers for the individuals in the group?
    04-09-10 02:47 PM

My wife had the same problem, recheck your permissions.

04-09-10 02:48 PM
    Did the 1.99 upgrade and I like the new features. Like that I can control for more 3rd party programs. I think this could fall under one of the "Super Apps" RIM was talking about a few months ago. Really like all the new disco options. That is an attention grabber!! Keep up the good work Bellshare.
    04-09-10 03:12 PM
    i do not see my upgrade? i got the 1.99 email thou
    04-09-10 03:39 PM
    Pretty pathetic cut off date. I have never purchased software with such a short cut off date. This guys are a joke.
    i'd say 2 months is fair. you got 3 months' worth of use out of it. you can still stick with your 2.0 and nothing will change for you, so if you don't want to spend the price of a 2-liter soda on it, then don't.
    04-09-10 03:42 PM
    I sent an email to Bellshare, through their website. I hope it went through...

Anyways, when I go to the 2nd option page, the "gears" page, I cannot save any settings. Everytime I try to back out and save, it doesn't save. The original page works fine. I tried to reinstall the App but I got the same issue.

I have a Bold 9000 on OS 5.0.0.554
    04-09-10 03:45 PM
    i do not see my upgrade? i got the 1.99 email thou
    click the download arrow next to berrybuzz.
    04-09-10 03:50 PM
    The 'Settings cannot be saved' bug has been fixed as well as TweetGenius not showing up in the BerryBuzz settings.

Select 'Check for update' from within BerryBuzz to download the update.
    04-09-10 03:55 PM
    The 'Settings cannot be saved' bug has been fixed as well as TweetGenius not showing up in the BerryBuzz settings.

Select 'Check for update' from within BerryBuzz to download the update.
    Thank you. I checked that shortly after finding the bug and nothing came up. It did indeed find an update to .58.
    04-09-10 04:01 PM
    The quote in the OP says that there's support for the RIM Twitter app. I have both UberTwitter and the official Twitter app installed but only UberTwitter shows up in BerryBuzz. Do I need to remove UberTwitter from my 9700 or what?
    04-09-10 04:01 PM
    [QUOTE=tellsells;4965191]
    how do you set the blackout setting. I cant find it anywhere in the settings on berrybuzz.QUOTE]

Open BerryBuzz. Scroll to top and there are two icons directly across from the Berry Buzz name. Click on the "gears" icon and then scroll to bottom to "blackout all screens".
    Sweet, just realized what that "gears" icon was for! Didn't give it much time other than setting up some of the new colors and was wondering what they did with the "Settings" option previously. Thanks!

Is the "blackout all screens" option device specific? I'm actually not seeing that on my Tour.
    04-09-10 04:07 PM
341 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD